Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be quite happy if all 6 were relegated. Maybe that needs to be an option?

That would be hilarious

It's unfair to pick 3 so all of the useless ****ers are being dispatched

the FA/ELF should use this to restructure, as a 5th League, League 3 and have all of them made up of 20 teams, promote from the national league to make up the difference in League 3

the FA/ELF should use this to restructure, as a 5th League, League 3 and have all of them made up of 20 teams, promote from the national league to make up the difference in League 3
You really think Football League clubs will let four home games a season just disappear like that?

That would be hilarious

It's unfair to pick 3 so all of the useless ****ers are being dispatched

Yup. It's the only fair way to do it if things can't be settled on the pitch.

You really think Football League clubs will let four home games a season just disappear like that?
I recall that being the sticking point last time this came up - perhaps an EPL and FLC each of 20, with Leagues 1-3 consisting of 24 would please everybody (as well as allowing for most of the Conference to go up, though in honesty I might prefer the top teams in Conference North/South than the stragglers above)

Any restructure should involve regional lower divisions. It's mental that teams with a 20p playing budget have to travel so far. Gateshead to Dover in the national league in recent seasons.....

they would if the money is made up through a better TV deal, they need to change whomever negotiates that, every time one is announced, usually a renewal with Sky before going to open market, Chairmen come out complaining it was too cheap, don't renew, go to open market and get a competitive price from BT or whomever wants the content and then its up to Sky to match

If you think they’re going to restructure anything, then you are seriously deluded

Lots of things the greedy selfish bastards should do, but they never, ever will

Lots of things the greedy selfish bastards should do, but they never, ever will
its the EFL I'm talking about more chance of them doing a restructure than the Prem, unless they ever actually do form PL2 and cut both to 18 teams as has been mooted in the past

No names quoted I see. I would not accuse the Telegraph of making up quotes but I suspect those being quoted have a vested interest in the season not being finished such as those in the relegation area. Anyway I thought the idea would be that many games would be held at grounds it would be relatively easy to keep fans away from such as Brighton. Speaking as someone who does go to a fair number of games I don’t believe many fans would make a trip to go to a stadium they could not get in. As is well known if you a determined enough you can see any game live at home, I think that would trump a fruitless trip to a locked ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669