Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just declare the league finished as it is. Someone has to be disappointed. Top 4 if you cancel now or bottom 3 if you relegate them. Yes that would have been awful for us in 2015, but that was also the greatest escape. Those sorts of turn arounds don’t happen every season.

Sadly for me it should be a case of tough nuts if you are currently in the bottom 3. You have had most of a season to prove yourself worthy of being in this league.

Declare it as is, or come up with some elaborate Duckworth Lewis method to apply to football.

Just declare the league finished as it is. Someone has to be disappointed. Top 4 if you cancel now or bottom 3 if you relegate them. Yes that would have been awful for us in 2015, but that was also the greatest escape. Those sorts of turn arounds don’t happen every season.

Sadly for me it should be a case of tough nuts if you are currently in the bottom 3. You have had most of a season to prove yourself worthy of being in this league.

Declare it as is, or come up with some elaborate Duckworth Lewis method to apply to football.
they won't do that unless the Government say not sport until September

Premier League clubs told neutral venues essential to plans to complete season - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52500593

Descending into farce. We play Chelsea at villa park. 5000 fans from each club travel there to stand outside while the game is played inside. Then all hell breaks loose.

It's a farce regardless.

It can't be done properly so for once they need to make a decision that isn't money led.

I can’t see this season being finished. Too many questions, both practical and moral, mean there won’t be a consensus. Players are ultimately the key people involved and a fair number of them are clearly concerned. This, coupled with the logistical and moral issues, mean that, IMO, this season is done.

I can’t see this season being finished. Too many questions, both practical and moral, mean there won’t be a consensus. Players are ultimately the key people involved and a fair number of them are clearly concerned. This, coupled with the logistical and moral issues, mean that, IMO, this season is done.

Yes, that's pretty clear. However, what is going to be any different in August or October or December? Nothing that I can see.

That's the thing people aren't considering sufficiently at the moment. All the talk continues to be about this season and not next season. There is no next season. That means that this season really shouldn't be done. It's the only football we are likely to see as long as we allow it to happen when, and only when, it can happen.

Yes, that's pretty clear. However, what is going to be any different in August or October or December? Nothing that I can see.

That's the thing people aren't considering sufficiently at the moment. All the talk continues to be about this season and not next season. There is no next season. That means that this season really shouldn't be done. It's the only football we are likely to see as long as we allow it to happen when, and only when, it can happen.
I think, if it’s as far down the line as you’re talking about (which I agree with), they’ll struggle to call it “this season”. I think they’ll ultimately start “next season” when they can, but that won’t be connected to this season, so will be its own entity and can start as and when it’s able to.

I've said it before but there are simply two options:

A - indefinite postponement and season to be completed when safe but this would need Uefa wide agreement, otherwise European competitions won't work.

B - null and void the year to allow to focus on getting a full season played next season, again, once safe to do so. No promotions/relegation etc and European places either as they are now or a re-run of this year. Probably the latter.

Also slight possibility of the remaining season completed abroad somewhere less effected. Realistically though, extremely unlikely as there will be at least one team or player or won't agree and would therefore lose and integrity, if there would be any in this option anyway.

Therefore, option B is really the only option.

European places could still change though in remaining games so I expect next year will be a re-run of this year's teams.

I've said it before but there are simply two options:

A - indefinite postponement and season to be completed when safe but this would need Uefa wide agreement, otherwise European competitions won't work.

B - null and void the year to allow to focus on getting a full season played next season, again, once safe to do so. No promotions/relegation etc and European places either as they are now or a re-run of this year. Probably the latter.

Also slight possibility of the remaining season completed abroad somewhere less effected. Realistically though, extremely unlikely as there will be at least one team or player or won't agree and would therefore lose and integrity, if there would be any in this option anyway.

Therefore, option B is really the only option.

European places could still change though in remaining games so I expect next year will be a re-run of this year's teams.

Option 'B' will lead to many clubs going to court and total chaos. Just as we're already beginning to see in places stupid enough to go there. Except it will be much worse here due to the finances involved.

I think, if it’s as far down the line as you’re talking about (which I agree with), they’ll struggle to call it “this season”. I think they’ll ultimately start “next season” when they can, but that won’t be connected to this season, so will be its own entity and can start as and when it’s able to.

I think you're probably right. Meaning we'll have two messed up seasons instead of one.

I see Fuchs posted a video on Insta at JFK this morning. I wonder if he has been recalled by the club to start training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669