Premier League today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice Alan Pardew wants to sign players for Newcastle that will get the fans off their seats. May i suggest Junior Lewis, he certainly achieved that in his time here.

mostly heading for the exit

Man C 1-0 Crouch hits the winner 2 years in a row

There'll be some tricky opponents in the qualifiers. Bayern Munich, Paris Saint Germain [maybe], Benfica, Udinese, PSV/Ajax etc.

Though I like Man City it would still be funny to see them crash out before they even begin.

They're only 2 points behind Arsenal now. They could end up third with Arsenal having to play in the qualifying round yet.

Crouch plays for Tottenham :102:

Edit: Yep, got it :icon_bigg

It was a cracker. He would have been delighted to put one in like that at the other end.

They're only 2 points behind Arsenal now. They could end up third with Arsenal having to play in the qualifying round yet.

I think Arsenal are going to have to seriously buck up their ideas this summer or could risk finishing outside the top 4. United are guaranteed IMO as long as Fergie is there, Chelsea are strong enough. City will continue to spend, Liverpool are on the rise and will spend big this summer, and Spurs will be in the mix again.

I think Arsenal are going to have to seriously buck up their ideas this summer or could risk finishing outside the top 4. United are guaranteed IMO as long as Fergie is there, Chelsea are strong enough. City will continue to spend, Liverpool are on the rise and will spend big this summer, and Spurs will be in the mix again.

I agree with you mostly there DD, except that for Spurs I reckon a lot will depend on whether or not they hold on to some of their players this Summer. Even if they buy replacements you never quite know how new players will perform straight away. I think Liverpool will be Arsenal's biggest challenge to 4th position.

I've always liked Man City and their long suffering fans. Chelsea had some success before Abramovich but Man City have been plucked out of the Premier league doldrums. I'm interested to see them challenge the regular top 4 finishers, not sure I will be encouraging their positive results 10 years down the track.

The thing is with Man City you almost expect it all to go tits up though.

Long suffering?

This is Man City you're talking about, not Rochdale.

Yes, and they do suffer because they've a so very much bigger club than they are. I doubt any Rochdale fan signed up expecting european glory, in fact they're playing at as a high a level now as any living fan is likely to remember, whereas City fans think they should be in a shot of winning everything. That's what I like about Man City and their long suffering fans, the constantly unfulfilled unrealistic expectation.

Long suffering?

This is Man City you're talking about, not Rochdale.

True Rochdale are no Bury with their FA Cup successes. In living memory Rochdale made the final of the League Cup so they have a pretty good record for lower league club.

Although my comment was said in jest, Man C have continuously lived in the shadow of their near neighbour's success. Although hating it, Man C fans I grew up with have been accepting of this, and I would call them long suffering.

Last edited:
In living memory Rochdale made the final of the League Cup so they have a pretty good record for lower league club.

49 years ago! Not living memory for that many. How many of us, apart from David G, remember our FA Cup finals in '61 or '63?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669