Premier League today

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

Has anyone else been struck by how good the bottom teams in the Premier League have been this season? Now that Blackpool and Wolves have both won, there's a situation where Blackpool are in the relegation zone despite having 39 points and one game to go. If the two teams win again on the last day of the season, the Blackpool will get relegated despite having 42 points.

To me, that's quite amazing when you consider that Hull stayed up in 08/09 with only 34 points. Even more ridiculously, West Ham could have stayed up last season with only 31 points - potentially 10+ points less that what will be required to stay up with season. If Blackpool go down, I think they'll be one of the best quality teams ever to be relegated from the Premier League.

Steven

Has anyone else been struck by how good the bottom teams in the Premier League have been this season? Now that Blackpool and Wolves have both won, there's a situation where Blackpool are in the relegation zone despite having 39 points and one game to go. If the two teams win again on the last day of the season, the Blackpool will get relegated despite having 42 points.

To me, that's quite amazing when you consider that Hull stayed up in 08/09 with only 34 points. Even more ridiculously, West Ham could have stayed up last season with only 31 points - potentially 10+ points less that what will be required to stay up with season. If Blackpool go down, I think they'll be one of the best quality teams ever to be relegated from the Premier League.

Surely it means the overall quality of the PL has gone down or at the least the differences between top and bottom have flattened out? :102:

drummindefender

The same Blackpool who won their first game since February yesterday?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Darren Bent 2-0 up at the Emirates inside 15 minutes

East Anglia Fox

Surely it means the overall quality of the PL has gone down or at the least the differences between top and bottom have flattened out? :102:

Well it's hard to prove something like that but I disagree. Think of Hull or Burnley last season, compared with West Ham this season. Today, West Ham have Carlton Cole, Robbie Keane, and Scott Parker on the bench. Last season you had Hull, which were such a dreadful team that people like Craig Fagan and Caleb Folan made it into the starting line-up. In my opinion, Cole, Keane or Parker would have walked into the starting 11 had they been at Hull, Burnley or Portsmouth last season.

Steven

West Ham down. :038: The FA will be disappointed. :icon_bigg

Hazzman

Well it's hard to prove something like that but I disagree. Think of Hull or Burnley last season, compared with West Ham this season. Today, West Ham have Carlton Cole, Robbie Keane, and Scott Parker on the bench. Last season you had Hull, which were such a dreadful team that people like Craig Fagan and Caleb Folan made it into the starting line-up. In my opinion, Cole, Keane or Parker would have walked into the starting 11 had they been at Hull, Burnley or Portsmouth last season.

The three players you mention Parker's the only one worth of the division. Cole is wank and Keane is passed it. You look the Hammers back four today and bar Bridge, it was very second tier.

FryattFox

Some brave(/stupid) Manc set this up at Anfield...

224168_10150174693346723_578556722_7385412_427611_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670