Press Conference At Walkers Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worthington isn't that bad of an appointment, has achieved promotion from this division and got Norwich playing some decent football and does seem to be a fairly decent judge of a player, took a gamble on Dean Ashton.

What's with the antipathy towards Paul Ince? I've never liked the Guv'nor as a player, but he's clearly a half decent manager, who would more than likely be able to build the team for the future. I'd also take Glen Hoddle or Mike Newell and would have liked Sanchez, I really don't see what Chris Coleman has to offer though. As for a big name from the past- sure, we know Walshie applies everytime the job, but please no, he'll take us down and that would be such a shame for him never mind us!

No-one else's names seem to have been linked with us, so I'll assume that's because no one else who is interested interest Mandaric, so unless the Academy coaches take over it's out of Ince, Hoddle, and Newell. I'd consider Hoddle a bit of a sideways step, but would be delighted with either of the others.

Pretty sure Mandaric has someone better lined up for the summer - he's not an idiot

It's a stop gap, and it might just do the job

Oh aye probably Paul Ince of the Mighty Macclesfield:icon_roll

Worthington isn't that bad of an appointment, has achieved promotion from this division and got Norwich playing some decent football and does seem to be a fairly decent judge of a player, took a gamble on Dean Ashton.

i cant imagine him getting his y-fronyts in a twist and dishing out the flak to that lot he seems a bit too nice imo

Incy Wincy spider

So who else could it be? How about Heskey?

Glen Hoddle? seriously? he did nothing with wolves, he had them playing shite football, and IMO would not be much more of a step forward than what we have now (don't get me wrong it will be a step but not a big one!)

But if he comes in i hope he proves me wrong. Same applies for any manager we bring in that i don't rate i'll give them a chance!

I do to - a complete dog turd of a man

But I think exactly the same of Roy Keane and look what happened to him.....

I agree Homer, the reason people don't like them is because they are winners and it is that win at all costs mentality that makes them so. I would happily hate Ince the person but love Ince the manager if he could bring that winning mentality to this club.

Just like Martin O'Neill of the mighty Wycombe and Norwich :icon_roll

MON had done slightly more than pull Macclesfield off the foot of the Bottom Rung though,a tad more experience:icon_roll We could be putting a future in the hands of a man with 6 months experience of Management

Last edited:
After the last couple of managers we've had, I'd like to see us get a real motivator in, someone who will scream and shout at the players until they do it right. I'm not against Paul Ince. Worthington and Coleman are again just nice blokes like good ol' Rob.. Not saying they'd be bad though, both have Premiership experience and didn't do bad jobs with their clubs..

What about Matty Elliott? ;)

So is it definetely Worthington? Hmm... whoever it is though, hopefully the honeymoon period alone will keep us up, but Milan will realise that's all it is so won't make a decision to keep whoever it is on based purely on the last 5 games!

At least we're rid of Kelly. Bye Rob, cheers for saving us last season.

I agree Homer, the reason people don't like them is because they are winners and it is that win at all costs mentality that makes them so. I would happily hate Ince the person but love Ince the manager if he could bring that winning mentality to this club.

Doesn't mean he will be the hit Keane is.Its a gamble and we don't need a Gamble IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69