Press Conference At Walkers Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have been given the day off because of what was going to happen. It would not have been a good day for them to be at the training ground.

Just got home to find out Rob Kelly has been axed. 'Bout time too.. not sure what to make of the Nigel Worthington thing but it will be interesting to see what happens against Norwich now...

I actually feel sorry for RK. I think he did a good job in very difficult circumstances and I am grateful for the job he did last season and the committment he has shown during his tenure. Eventually he got found out but its the first time I have felt sorry for a sacked manager at LCFC.

Its just a shame that some of the players didnt show the desire they needed.

Worthington is a good appointment for now but long term I would love Coleman.

Unfortunately Kelly was out of his depth and should not have been appointed by the Board (the cheap and easy option). I was not sure at the time, but we were on a run of good results and the majority of the fans appeared to be advocating that we gave him a chance at the time.

I bear no grudge with Kelly, I am sure he tried his best, but was not up to it. Be interesting to see if he goes back to coaching or continues managing at a lower level. I noticed that during the press conference MM would not totally count out him coming back as a coach in the summer. I don't know why as I could not see this being a success. He may be a great coach of kids, but not seen anything to demonstrate his 'good coach' tag since he came to City. Can you really think of any player that has come on leaps and bounds? Most appear to have gone backwards and their fitness must be questioned.

I'm hoping this is a positive move. The first thing we need is points and then stability. Worthington is a experienced manager and I certainly would have taken him over RK 14 months ago.

Milan has taken a reasonable gamble here.
There are lots of others that I would have prefered but obviously weren't available for one reason or another. I'm very grateful we didn't get Hoddle or Robson for these 5 games.

After seeing him on the tele the other afternoon I think it would be a gamble..he didn't look like he'd see the end of April to me

They may have been given the day off because of what was going to happen. It would not have been a good day for them to be at the training ground.

id thought of that as well..still wouldve had the useless buggers in though :)

He wasn't gppd enough - that is for certain.

I don't feel sorry for him because he destroyed any sympathy with his rubbish about a 'group of players who will battle etc'. When everyone knows that we have a squad that is mainly composed of players who don't give a stuff about Leicester City.

I think Kelly going should ensure our survival. The Worthington appointment shows that we are still operating at the shabby end of the market. There is little doubt that he will know enough to churn out the necessary points - in fact it would be a big ask for the bottom three clubs to catch us anyway.

I just hope that Worthington remains short term and MM shows some imagination in the summer. I fear that if Worthington produces say a couple of wins and a couple of draws that we will be stuck with him

I Agree with all of that, but i feel sorry because he has to take the brunt on his own. the players have been awful for two managers now, and they should be equally punished IMO. shame it isn't that straightforward with players.

Levein bought most of the players so he got no sympathy from me, but Kelly had to make do with what he inherited. Don't get me wrong he wasn't good enough. But i don't think he was responsable for our problems, just not good enough to solve them.

Quite ironic really after all the quotes from the players last year about wanting Rob to get the job cos' he's a smashing fellow and all that. Aren't they the ones who have played the biggest part in getting him the sack?

my thoughts exactly.

Can't be long now:

"Captain Patrick Kisnorbo says we owe it to Rob and Stowelly to get a result etc."

"Alan Maybury says we need the fans to get behind us on Saturday, and wants to thank Rob Kelly for all his support etc."

"Ian Hume says the players let Rob down, and it's time to come out fighting etc. etc."

Can't wait........

All Kelly's did was ride the wave of optimism that comes when a new manager is appointed last year and the same after Mandaric's arrival this.

He hasn't taken the team so much as one inch forward in terms of progress in fact the performances have been unequivocally worse than under any of his recent predecessors.

Why not?
It never seems a good day for the useless tossers to be at the training ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572