Preston - Championship - 21st April 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off: 3pm

Tickets

We have been allocated 1379 tickets for this match priced at £20 Adults, £13 Senior Citizens (65 Years +), £13 Young Adults (16-17 years), £7 Juniors (15 Years and under) Juniors aged 7 and under are FREE

No tickets will be available to Leicester City fans at Deepdale on the day of the game. Subject to continuing availability, you can get them at the Walkers Stadium ticket office right up until 5 p.m. on Friday.

Monday 9th April - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 10th April - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 11th April - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 12th April - Members

Friday 13th April - General sale

Fox Travel

EDIT - Please see the OS with regards to the offer for FREE COACH TRAVEL

Fox Travel coaches will depart from Car Park C on Raw Dykes Road (opposite the megastore at the Walkers Stadium) at 10.00am

Adult (Season Ticket Holder) £15.50

Concession (Season Ticket Holder) £13.50

Adult (Non Season Ticket Holder) £16.50

Concession (Non Season Ticket Holder) £14.50

Directions & Parking

125 Miles - Approx 2 - 2½ Hours

M1 > A50 > M6 .....

Leave M6 at Junction 31 and follow signs Left for Preston. Go up a steep hill (often a police speed trap on the hill, so stick to 30) and follow the road down to a mini roundabout (speed camera by the BP garage on the left). At the roundabout with the Hesketh Arms turn right into Blackpool Road. Go straight on over three sets of lights and just before a fourth set, the ground appears set slightly back on the left.

Parking is mainly in the streets surrounding the ground. Alternitavely, as you get within 1 mile of the ground, there is a large retail park on your right hand side (opposite the fire station) - Parking may be available there.

Trains

I'm not going to type a load of information here, as from Leicester it's not over cheap. However should anyone want information or for me to try and find the best prices PM me.

Pubs

Sumners or The Garrison are the 2 main pubs that the away fans tend to end up in. As you look at the grounf you will see a Sainsburys supermarket, keep to the left of this, walk up the hill and both of the above mentioned pubs are opposite each other.

**It is also worth mentioning that Preston boast a Football Museum within the stadium. This closes at 2.30pm on Saturday matchdays.**

Last edited:
The Garrison and Sumners are both away fan friendly however it can be a fecking nightmare getting served on match day !!!

Advance purchase train tickets from Leicester are available for £22, two singles at £11 each, no special changes etc involved.

Thanks Jeff, they must have just released the cheap tickets.

Although to get back for £11 you would have to wait until 19.48pm, and then you wouldn't get back until Sunday morning :eek:

£11 fares going are plentyful at the minute and £12.50 fares coming back are widely available.

Anyone looking to stop over - Travelodge (Preston Central) currently have rooms available for £26 on Saturday night.

Directions & Parking

125 Miles - Approx 2 - 2½ Hours

M1 > A50 > M6 .....

Leave M6 at Junction 31 and follow signs Left for Preston. Go up a steep hill (often a police speed trap on the hill, so stick to 30) and follow the road down to a mini roundabout (speed camera by the BP garage on the left). At the roundabout with the Hesketh Arms turn right into Blackpool Road. Go straight on over three sets of lights and just before a fourth set, the ground appears set slightly back on the left.

Parking is mainly in the streets surrounding the ground. Alternitavely, as you get within 1 mile of the ground, there is a large retail park on your right hand side (opposite the fire station) - Parking may be available there.

You cannot park at the retail park, however I think the Fire Station opens it's car park.

Also it may be more beneficial to exit the M6 at Jct 31A take the third exit on the roundabout and follow the road to a second roundabout ( The Anderton Arms will be on the right hand side) go straight on and follow the road to a third roundabout, turn left and follow to the traffic lights where you need to be in the right hand lane, at the lights turn right and follow the road for about a mile, where you will come to a major traffic light junction turn left at this junction and you will see the Garrison Pub on the right and the Sumners on the left. If you arrive early enough there is decent parking in the Sumners car park.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS the stewards are grade A wankers

I have to admit, the last 2 or 3 times i've been here, the stewards have been very quick to frog march fans out of the ground, that have done very little wrong.

For anyone getting to the ground early, I'd highly recommend the National Football Museum which is at Deepdale. I spent 3 hours in there last summer, it was fantastic.

cheers
u goin down to the game m8, also do you know how many will be allocated at the turnstiles at preston, or would you advise to get a ticket before

I would always recommend people to get a ticket in advance - but I also would expect that there will be an ample supply on the day for City fans. The disadvantage is that you will have to pay an extra £2 on the day and you will have to queue twice - once at the ticket-selling booth next to the stand and then again at the turnstiles for admission.

Last edited:
The London Branch will be getting blitzed on Babycham at The Dog and Partridge, 44 Friargate, PR1 2AT. 10 MINUTES FROM THE STATION.

Please Note, No Tickets Will Be On Sale On The Day Of The Game!!! Tickets on sale, until 5pm this Friday from the ticket office.

It's also worth mentioning, NO BEER will be sold in the ground !!

It's also worth mentioning, NO BEER will be sold in the ground !!

That's fair enough - a tit-for-tat arrangement. Alcohol is never available to away fans at the Walkers. Both here and at Barnsley, City fans are being treated worse than any other away fans simply beacause LCFC treated their fans badly.

Last edited:
it is preston (lancs) isnt it

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Yes I applied for the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.

It fell through when the accomdation offered was not the quality I expected,it was a box room painted all pink and when opening the fridge all that it contained was Mini Eggs. I declined esp. when the landlord began his sexual advances.

Its about a 20-25 minute walk and yes Preston is the nearest station

It's about 1½ miles and City fans have to walk right around the ground to reach the away accommodation - there are also a couple of majot toads and a shopping area to negotiate. Unless you are a very quick walker, I would forget about it being a 20-25 minute walk. You will be likely to need more like 30-35 minutes and I would allow yourself at least 40 to do it comfortably.

It's about 1½ miles and City fans have to walk right around the ground to reach the away accommodation - there are also a couple of majot toads and a shopping area to negotiate. Unless you are a very quick walker, I would forget about it being a 20-25 minute walk. You will be likely to need more like 30-35 minutes and I would allow yourself at least 40 to do it comfortably.

I've never seen the toads :102:

The route I've walked to/from the ground the last couple of times I've been there hasn't been through the shopping area (apart from last year when I met you and Mrs Boc in the town centre).
I think it took me less than 30 minutes, but not much less.

I've never seen the toads :102:

The route I've walked to/from the ground the last couple of times I've been there hasn't been through the shopping area (apart from last year when I met you and Mrs Boc in the town centre).
I think it took me less than 30 minutes, but not much less.

They may have been frogs then.

It's difficult to know how you would get from the station to the ground without going through or around the shopping area - the station is right on the edge of the shopping area and the ground is the other side of it. The March Travel Pack on the OS even mentions by names some of the stores that you have to pass. You may have taken a little less than 30 minutes, but your legs are somewhat longer than either mine or Jessel's. I am sure that there is no way that you would be wanting to set off from the station just 30 minutes before the game - hence my suggestion to allow 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570