Preston Match Thread (cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy Wright is probably the best striker he have at the moment, he needs a good run out in the team, connelly has had his chance, now let Tommy have a go, what have we got to lose?? He's a Leicester lad and want's the team to do well, not like these big time charlies we have who are only interested in picking up there pay packet at the end of the month

I really hope he does well for us, but I'm just not that convinced yet by how good he is going to be. He didn't make the grade on loan at Brentford last season - 2 goals in 14 appearances I think it was. Nowhere near good enough, and that was in the (old) 2nd div. Yes, he's a Leicester lad, yes, he wants to play for the club, but I fit both of those categories and I'm shit! He should get his chane, but I wouldn't be too surprised if, unfortunately, he doesn't make the grade. Could develop into a good lower league striker, but is he going to be Premier class? That's what we are looking for, if we want to improve on what we've got.

Nice to see us come back from a goal down and it seems Micky has got a response fromthe team following a half time team talk, no coincidence Dabizas not on the pitch really dont like him as captain.

The key is the "didn't sound like" phrase - be fair desert fox, when did you last see the toss that we plat under MA?

To be fair, it's been a while. But I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who thinks that Tommy is completely over-rated, mainly because he's called Ooooh! Tommy Wright, and he scored the winner against Forest (a game that I did see - he didn't do that much more in that game, but got rave reviews). I hope he does it, I really do, but so far, from what I've seen (and heard) I remain to be convinced.

Anybody who went tonight (if they read this later) - how did he do? Did he look Premier class?

muzzy magic said:
Tommy Wright is probably the best striker he have at the moment

On what do you base that f'in stupid comment. Some people aint got a clue.

DesertFox said:
The key is the "didn't sound like" phrase - be fair desert fox, when did you last see the toss that we plat under MA?

To be fair, it's been a while. But I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who thinks that Tommy is completely over-rated, mainly because he's called Ooooh! Tommy Wright, and he scored the winner against Forest (a game that I did see - he didn't do that much more in that game, but got rave reviews). I hope he does it, I really do, but so far, from what I've seen (and heard) I remain to be convinced.

Anybody who went tonight (if they read this later) - how did he do? Did he look Premier class?

The thing is mate what ever Tommy does he has to do in 5 mins, this is my point he needs a good run in the team, it's no good bringing him on with 5 mins to go and expect miracles.....look at sat, on for 5 mins and hits the post, that's closer than connelly and Dublin got! you can't judge a player by bringing him on 5 mins here and there. I saw most of his pre season games and he was outstanding, he was sharp and ready to go, then he sits on the bench for the first 10 games, if someone is in form....play them!!!

Babylon said:
muzzy magic said:

David Connelly is far and away the best striker at the club and the sooner Adams starts to play football you will see just how good he is. With the right tactics Connelly would bag 20 - 25 goals no sweat.

lanxfox said:
82-83 - Feb 22nd Shrewsbury - 6,155

Good detective work there lanx...

I remember that - I was there - Sir Gary got a couple I think. It was a midweek night match but can't think why it was such a poor attendance....

Babylon said:
muzzy magic said:

and you think Connelly, Dublin and Blake are doing the business?? open you fecking eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669