Preston Say No

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember one game I saw him at, it was away at Barnsley I think. I was only about 11 but he wasn't very good from what I remember.. We also had Mike Hooper in goal that game if my memory can go back that far..

oh yeah, we lost

dankelly said:
I remember one game I saw him at, it was away at Barnsley I think. I was only about 11 but he wasn't very good from what I remember.. We also had Mike Hooper in goal that game if my memory can go back that far..

He didn't play for us at Barnsley, and he didn't play in the same team as Mike Hooper. Hooper's first game was the game after BD's last game.

hmm ok, well it was somewhere up northish and he was definatly not interested!

Port Vale it must have been then, I vaguely remember that. so young, so young

Last edited:
Leigh said:
Oh well, the more refusals we get the closer we come to appointing Lennon..... ;)

....and the closer we are to the closure of the transfer window and thus any hopes on Lennon the player joining us.

According to Radio Lancashire, Preston NE are denying an official approach for Davies as been made.

just a thought but why the foook would he want to come here?

lako42 said:

Because we are a big club with a team too good to be relegated. Oh yeah and we won the league cup twice less than 10 years ago,

best forest fan impression i could do!

lako42 said:

:icon_redf exactly what i was thinking! The only reason we might get cotteril is because he has fallen out with the board! two weeks earlier and he woulnd tdream of coming here! :icon_redf

The same reason McGhee left us for Wolves, the potential, we are a bigger club with far better facilities and resources than either Preston or Burnley, we offer long term far more potential for success than these two sides, as many say it is a premiership club with premiership facilities and ambitions.

We also boast average gates of circa 20k, crowds that Burnley and PNE can only dream about in the present climate. League position is temporary and if either of these managers feel it would be beneficial long term then they will be here like a shot.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The same reason McGhee left us for Wolves, the potential, we are a bigger club with far better facilities and resources than either Preston or Burnley,

so we should really get Cotterill as a stop gap then sack him for whoever Burnley get in next, because by that analogy he'll be the next MON.

Don't know about league position being temporary, but if the board don't do something soon the League we are playing in will be temporary!

webmaster said:
The first six matches of the awful 1990-91 season.

Did you forget to tell us that we lost 83% of the games he played in?

On the basis that McLintock was a great player for us but a crap manager, I think Billy Davies must be the player we should go for!

Leigh said:
Oh well, the more refusals we get the closer we come to appointing Lennon..... ;)

Now, now Leigh - don't be like that, Lenny might just read this one day...

Also, please bear in mind that LCFC have only asked permission to discuss, not actually take them from their club. Most businesses draw up shortlists and like to keep options open.....

lako42 said:

I doubted this too, but believe it or not, his agent contacted LCFC on Friday to express his interest!!!!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The same reason McGhee left us for Wolves, the potential, we are a bigger club with far better facilities and resources than either Preston or Burnley, we offer long term far more potential for success than these two sides, as many say it is a premiership club with premiership facilities and ambitions.

We also boast average gates of circa 20k, crowds that Burnley and PNE can only dream about in the present climate. League position is temporary and if either of these managers feel it would be beneficial long term then they will be here like a shot.

*sniggers*

sleeping giant, :098:

BOB HAZELL said:
I doubted this too, but believe it or not, his agent contacted LCFC on Friday to express his interest!!!!

He has also just been interviewed by SSN, never mentioned an official approach but did state that he was flattered to be linked with the job. Also interestingly enough he did not rule himself out, my missus who is from Preston even picked up on that, he never said he wasnt interested and he didnt rule himself out.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
He has also just been interviewed by SSN, never mentioned an official approach but did state that he was flattered to be linked with the job. Also interestingly enough he did not rule himself out, my missus who is from Preston even picked up on that, he never said he wasnt interested and he didnt rule himself out.

From our media contacts we understand he would take the job if offered

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Just seen the clip. Seemed keen to make out he was interested to me (as far as a man in a job can of course)

Duzza said:
Just seen the clip. Seemed keen to make out he was interested to me (as far as a man in a job can of course)

I hope so that would wipe the smug feckin smile off all my in laws faces, who continually take the piss out of our demise and the sacred PHG, what a kick in the fcuking nuts to lose your manager to a side in the bottom 3, obviously I would act with pure dignity and not gloat....honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669