Protests in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is perhaps the worst and most unpleasant American President. However, those people who claim Trump us a fascist should not use words they do not understand. The last serious American fascist was Charles Lindbergh.

Popilius is a serious man and would never fall into the misuse of the word fascist. However, I must comment on his post

The last time rioting was successful in Britain was 1831-32.
The ignorant might mention the poll tax riots. However, what ended the poll tax was the Conservative loss Eastbourne by-election of 1990. A lot of Conservative MPs descended on Eastbourne and came away convinced that if the Conservatives did not get rid of the poll tax they would lose the next election.
A better argument is the suffragettes who claimed their actions got women the vote. In fact women got the vote because their main opponent HH Asquith was no longer Prime Minister and Bonar Law believed women would tend to vote Conservative.

Blue Maniac is so often led astray by political correctness that it is strange to see him refer to a woman as a ****. I always enjoy BMs posts as they remind me of Lord Melbourne (Prime Minister 1835-41) To misquote Melbourne "I wish I was as certain of anything as Blue Maniac is of everything."

To Fox Frank I would recommend Peter Hennessey or Ve rnon Bogdavour. I have never thought of turning to Ian Marshall for political wisdom

Nowadays it's easy to brand someone as a fascist or racist or Nazi. These useless pricks have no comprehension of what that actually means. Hitler was an evil man. To compare anyone to him or the ideas he stood for is a grave grave error in almost all cases. It is not a comparison you make lightly.

Not any more. She's been banned.

Not saying it was right or wrong. She probably said some ****ed up things. However, Twitter is notorious for banning conservative voices. Double standards. When a lefty makes a similar immflamatory statement, no action. Joe Rogan's podcast with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and his colleague is an good watch regarding this sort of stuff.

Twitter, Facebook, Google have way too much powrer and i hope Trump's order to view them as a publisher rather than a private forum has some sort of effect. I'm not saying it's black and white but these companies have way too much power when they edit and delete posts etc. After BBC1 and ITV, Facebook is the next most popular place to get news in the UK according to an Ofcom study last year.

This needs to change. The Mrs said to me last week "another racist cop shot a black suspect." She could care less about current affairs and so the only news she gets is from Instagram (she's an "influencer" so is always on there). And she's not alone. That statement of course was absurdly wrong. Rayshard Brooks' case is way more complicated and has nothing to do with race. But if you believe the social media hype, you literally get the most biased news.

I'd say that a high percentage of those protesting and taking over Seattle and spreading coronavirus in the UK through these ridiculous Black Lives Matter bullshit marches have no idea of the actual facts.

I come in peace to bring a link to a podcast that I have just listened to. I've been trawling the media for the last week seeking rational responses to what's happening in America and failing. Until now.

One or two people on this thread have said that they don't feel informed enough. I aim this at them. It's almost two hours but I really think that it's a good use of your time. For others, well you can just be relieved that I won't feel the need to work out my thoughts in this thread any longer.

Sam Harris walks a tightrope here and I've no doubt that he'll be hammered by the left and right for it. But he aligns exactly with what I feel and he explains things far better than I can.

Sam Harris is excellent.

I remember him doing the Bill Maher show years ago with Ben Affleck talking about Islam. And Ben labelled his analysis as racist. Ben, who knows nothing about Islam talks to Sam Harris about facts and a religion of which Sam knows the literature.

Hollywood is so useless. They're absolutely full of shit. These cringy videos cidculating of multiple celebrities crying etc is a farce. They only care about themselves. Pricks.

Nowadays it's easy to brand someone as a fascist or racist or Nazi. These useless pricks have no comprehension of what that actually means. Hitler was an evil man. To compare anyone to him or the ideas he stood for is a grave grave error in almost all cases. It is not a comparison you make lightly.

Trump is a burgeoning fascist.

Not saying it was right or wrong. She probably said some ****ed up things. However, Twitter is notorious for banning conservative voices. Double standards. When a lefty makes a similar immflamatory statement, no action. Joe Rogan's podcast with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and his colleague is an good watch regarding this sort of stuff.

Twitter, Facebook, Google have way too much powrer and i hope Trump's order to view them as a publisher rather than a private forum has some sort of effect. I'm not saying it's black and white but these companies have way too much power when they edit and delete posts etc. After BBC1 and ITV, Facebook is the next most popular place to get news in the UK according to an Ofcom study last year.

This needs to change. The Mrs said to me last week "another racist cop shot a black suspect." She could care less about current affairs and so the only news she gets is from Instagram (she's an "influencer" so is always on there). And she's not alone. That statement of course was absurdly wrong. Rayshard Brooks' case is way more complicated and has nothing to do with race. But if you believe the social media hype, you literally get the most biased news.

I'd say that a high percentage of those protesting and taking over Seattle and spreading coronavirus in the UK through these ridiculous Black Lives Matter bullshit marches have no idea of the actual facts.

astonishing stuff

Well as a significant majority, but not all, of them were black, I’d say that they are armed with the facts of experiencing direct and indirect racism all of their lives, and they are standing up at an opportune time to plead (again) that enough is enough.

They know what real racism is - unlike the ignorant white twats who sit back from a distance and point at things and say they are not racist incidents, they are something else. Ignorant, ignorant stupid blinkered bigoted fools.

I see lots of stuff on Twitter that I find vile and unpleasant, from both left and white. It’s a platform where people are free to spout their bile and bias to the whole world, unchecked. I’d ban them all, but Twitter allows them to flourish

Until they get to a **** like Hopkins. She wasn’t banned because she was alt right and bigoted - she would have been banned long ago if that was their policy, and the platform is littered with them - along with a similar set of ignorant vile twats from the ultra left, and everywhere else in between politically.
She was banned because she directly encouraged and incited hatred, and violence against certain groups, and it was completely the right decision

Sadly people like you will never see that at all. You’re so blinded by bigotry and sheer ignorance that you think it’s some leftie conspiracy to shut down free speech.

It‘s really quite tragic - but unfortunately the world is full of complete ****s.

Well as a significant majority, but not all, of them were black, I’d say that they are armed with the facts of experiencing direct and indirect racism all of their lives, and they are standing up at an opportune time to plead (again) that enough is enough.

They know what real racism is - unlike the ignorant white twats who sit back from a distance and point at things and say they are not racist incidents, they are something else. Ignorant, ignorant stupid blinkered bigoted fools.

I see lots of stuff on Twitter that I find vile and unpleasant, from both left and white. It’s a platform where people are free to spout their bile and bias to the whole world, unchecked. I’d ban them all, but Twitter allows them to flourish

Until they get to a **** like Hopkins. She wasn’t banned because she was alt right and bigoted - she would have been banned long ago if that was their policy, and the platform is littered with them - along with a similar set of ignorant vile twats from the ultra left, and everywhere else in between politically.
She was banned because she directly encouraged and incited hatred, and violence against certain groups, and it was completely the right decision

Sadly people like you will never see that at all. You’re so blinded by bigotry and sheer ignorance that you think it’s some leftie conspiracy to shut down free speech.

It‘s really quite tragic - but unfortunately the world is full of complete ****s.

Not that it's anyone business but I'm 1/4 black 3/4 Indian from Trinidad. So may i ask what the **** you're on about?

Are you white? I'd say I'm much better placed to understand racism having faced it before. Notoriously twice at Stamford Bridge, but that's another story for another day.

Regardless of my race, facts are facts. Neither the US or the UK are inherently racist or have systemic racism. I should also know this better than most as a mixed minority living in Baltimore and New York for 6 years.

I'm speaking from a place of experience. And making the assumption that you are white, I'd say that you aren't. So go on suck on your mum's tits and complain about white privilege and systemic racism. I know what I've lived.

Who knew David Icke was just the tip of an unfathomably insane iceberg?

Again. Just to point out. I think that SOME of the things Icke said about the virus, about the World Health Organisation and about moving into a big brother state are interesting theories and may well be the truth.

I'm an individual with the ability to realise that people aren't all good or all bad. They're not all right or all wrong. Icke says some embarrassingly stupid things and some interesting, potentially valid points.

You make me out to be some sort of Icke fanatic. Jesus Christ. Can't i agree with some points and disagree with others without being made to seem like a lunatic? **** me.

astonishing stuff

What's astonishing?

What have i possibly said that's so contentious or radical in that post?

14000 murders in the US last year. 7000 involved a black victim. 96% black on black. Where the **** was BLM then?

TODAY, Libyan slaves are being sold. Black owners selling black slaves to other black owners. Where's BLM on that?

Chicago is 1/3 White, 1/3 Latino and 1/3 Black, 70% of the murders are committed by young black men with the majority of the victims being young black men. Where are BLM on that?

490 murders in Chicago last year which is a huge drop compared to previous years. But where are BLM on that?

Last year of 375 million police interractions, 9 unnarmed (but not necessarily not dangerous) black suspects where killed by US police. The majority of whom resisted arrest.

BLM is the biggest bullshit organisation and it does not help black folk. All it does is pushes black people down by talking about oppression and victimhood.

Regarding Social media. What's "astonishing about what i said?" It's true, 49% of people surveryed by Ofcom last year said they got some of their news of social media platforms. It's ****ing true.

Astonishing my arse.

Another thing Homer. The black community is BLINDED by this idea that they are oppressed. My grandad came to this country with nothing from Trinidad in the 1950s and worked hard and built himself up. He faced genuine racism but overcame it. All of my family did. We worked hard and believed in keeping out of trouble.

The majority of my African American friends don't listen to the statistics. And don't look at the evidence. They just complain about system issues that are not there.

Now in the US, universities and employers get boners when they see a competent black candidate with good potential and grades. That person is more likely to pick up the job solely because they are black.

In the 1960s in the US, 23% of black kids grew up without a father in the house and that was considered a catastrophe. Then the governemnt introduced welfare essentially saying if you haven't got a man in the house we'll give you some cash.
Today 74% of black kids in the US grow up with a father in the house. That is a HUGE number.

Obama said it best: "Children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and 20 times more likely to end up in prison."

This is the biggest issue facing the black community today. Not white racist cops.

No doubt some cops are racist but I'd say that a huge overwhelming majority are not. I'm talking the tiniest percentage would be racist.

What happened to George Floyd was disgusting. And i hope the officer gets penalised according to the law. But there is no EVIDENCE to suggest it was racist. That was an issue of police brutality. But no. Let's march and cause a ****ing race war.

Rayshard Brooks. That was a tragedy but there is no evidence to suggest that was racist. He ****ing resisted arrest and pulled a taser (a weapon of leathal force in Georgia) on a cop. What the **** did he expect? Why do so many black folk resist arrest? Just do as the officer ****ing says and you're not likely to end up dead.

If a white guy punches me in the street, do i just assume he's a racist? Everything is not based on race but identity politics is making these vigilante groups of idiots believing it is and it's very sad.

RIP to these two men. But more so, RIP to retired police officer David Dorn who was murdered in cold blood as he protected his friend's pawn shop from idiot looters. Where's his live TV funeral? Almost 80 year old man murdered by some thug out on parole.

You would ban everyone on Twitter? Why? It's called freedom of speech. And as long as it's not incitement to violence etc., then more power to whoever wants to say what. Freedom of speech is a good thing. Or shall we only say things that are polite and don't offend anyone? You're always going to ****ing offend someone.

Twitter is a disgusting place to be and says people of all political and ideological stances say all sorts if shit. But Twitter as a whole is very very quick to block conservative voices. Remember - the alt-right us allowed to voice their opinion. You may not like it but they are just as entitled to do so as someone more reasonable.

Katie Hopkins says some viles things but there's a difference between something crazy and something hateful or racist. So I'm not sure why she's been blocked but I'd like to see the tweet or comment which did it.

Homer i like your posts but you grouped me as a certain kind of person and potentially as white. Which I'm not. I'm entitled to my opinion probably more so regarding issues of racism.

My grandad would be turning in his grave to see the state of black people today. And the state of white people too. All i see online is "I'm ashamed of being white" or "i apologise for my white privilege." It's horrendous. There is no white privilege.

Be proud of who you are, work hard and stay our of trouble then you'll live a good life.

Not that it's anyone business but I'm 1/4 black 3/4 Indian from Trinidad. So may i ask what the **** you're on about?

Are you white? I'd say I'm much better placed to understand racism having faced it before. Notoriously twice at Stamford Bridge, but that's another story for another day.

Regardless of my race, facts are facts. Neither the US or the UK are inherently racist or have systemic racism. I should also know this better than most as a mixed minority living in Baltimore and New York for 6 years.

I'm speaking from a place of experience. And making the assumption that you are white, I'd say that you aren't. So go on suck on your mum's tits and complain about white privilege and systemic racism. I know what I've lived.
This does just smack of "I've not experienced systemic racism so it doesn't exist," but to each their own.

Make people register for social media accounts with ID checks and you'd stop 99% of the shit. If regular people could be tracked when they post vile shit, both left and right, and they wouldn't be so empowered. I have to use Twitter for my work but find it 10% useful 90% holy-****-i-wish-id-not-gone-down-this-rabbit-hole

This does just smack of "I've not experienced systemic racism so it doesn't exist," but to each their own.

I have experienced racism in general. But i do not believe there is a systemic racism issue in the US or the UK. Blacks, in my experience, in the US tend to use it as an excuse when the real issues are fatherhood-related etc. These murders in the US, no one forces these young men to pull the trigger. I wholly believe you make decisions in life. How about not pulling the trigger and being a father to your kids? Get a crappy job if you must, but work hard.

Can you name a clear example of systemic racism in the UK?

Make people register for social media accounts with ID checks and you'd stop 99% of the shit. If regular people could be tracked when they post vile shit, both left and right, and they wouldn't be so empowered. I have to use Twitter for my work but find it 10% useful 90% holy-****-i-wish-id-not-gone-down-this-rabbit-hole

I totally agree. More stringent checks online would be a good start. I feel if someone is gonna say something then say it with some courage and conviction if that's your belief instead of hiding behind a fake account.

Of course then some would object due to not wanting to share ID etc with these companies. But you can't have it both ways i guess. Also Twitter etc., wouldn't dare take this measure as they'd lose a lot of users and thus a lot of financial value.

I have experienced racism in general. But i do not believe there is a systemic racism issue in the US or the UK. Blacks, in my experience, in the US tend to use it as an excuse when the real issues are fatherhood-related etc. These murders in the US, no one forces these young men to pull the trigger. I wholly believe you make decisions in life. How about not pulling the trigger and being a father to your kids? Get a crappy job if you must, but work hard.

Can you name a clear example of systemic racism in the UK?
Why are there so many absent fathers in certain groups (if it's even a valid fact, I've not checked the data)? Is it because teen pregnancies tend to result in more split homes and also tend to be more prevalent in deprived areas? Why are PoC more likely to live in these deprived areas? Systemic racism isn't just about being openly racist, it's about the entire system, and for that you have to look at everything, not just the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4387
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263