Proud of every single one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

For sheer effort, application and desire we beat Villa, they just had a bit more quality than us in the final third.

Take into account we had 8 first team members out, they had pretty much a full strength team out, we had 2 18yr old centre midfielders, one playing out of position and a youth team player up front for 50mins we were superb.

Today I am proud to be a Leicester City fan

UP THE CITY!!!!

:038: :038:

Completley agree Dunc.
Phonomenal effort and commitment from every single one of them.*
Special praise for Henderson, McAuley and Johannson who I thought were immense. Johannson played incredibily well against the promising Agbonlahor.
At a loss to explain Twattenburgs decisions, these premier league referees are completley shit and full of them self.
Fantastic effort and deserved so much more.
*Josh Low though is a useless waste of space. He did nothing except lose the ball and contributed to our downfall with a complete hash of a clearance.
Well done lads you were great, but let's carry it on to Loftus Road on Saturday.

Last edited:
Absolutely well said. Tonight is not a night to be picky. I too held my head up high leaving the stadium .... proud of you lads!

Foxpodder

Spot on!...........

I could see us losing it in 119th minute! But that does'nt overshadow how much effort was put in...:icon_bigg

Win or lose all you ask of your team is a performance to be proud of. Tonight it seems we got that. I said earlier, in the match thread, that since the last international break something seems to have happened to the team spirit, not going to La Manga perhaps!!

Our boys were awesome - never let their heads drop. A fair result would have been penalties, then if you lose, you claim its a lottery, if you win you were the best team! Then Hendo could have saved a couple more. They made me proud. Everyone gave everything even if the ones who were playing out of position!
For the last 3 or 4 games every team RK has put out has been really up for it and desperate to win. I just hope we have 11 players left for Saturday!

Finally made it home .... felt damn good to be a leicester supporter tonight. Just think what we could have done had we got the normal midfield playing tonight.
Top performance lads and unlucky to lose like that

Not long home, what a performance, brilliant. Hendo and Nils were both superb, I also thought Weso looked a class act. Well played lads you did us proud.

We were feckin superb tonight, despite us losing we can take a great deal from the match. The fans were fantastic, even when we were losing we were singing and clapping. Johansson was fantastic, Kisnorbo and McAuley were solid at the back, Stearman played well in the middle, Sylla at times looked very good, and young Odhiambo looks one for the future, he is fast as hell.

We might have lost, but it's times like these that make me feel proud to support this football club. :038: :038: :038: Let the good times roll! :038: :038: :038:

This is quite possibly the best thread ever on Talking Balls. Simple as that. :icon_bigg

For the first time since about two months into the 03/04 season (by which time we all had a feeling it would end in tears) there are genuine reasons to be optimistic about LCFC. All credit to Rob Kelly for turning it around so quickly. He's still unproven but my main criticism of him had been an apparent inability to motivate the players - that looks like it could be changing and we've got a young squad of players who possibly do give a shit after all.

And amazingly, two gates of over 27,000 in three days and something that, even from this distance, sounded suspiciously like an ATMOSPHERE down Filbo Way!

A few points to ponder now:

Is this another Wesolowski false dawn, or will we get a run of games like that?
Can Stearman play well in every position?
How is McCarthy going to get back in the team?
Why has this all happened since Fryatt has been out? And will he get back in? :102:

Interesting times... :icon_bigg

Almost crashed my car when the 2nd equaliser went in!

Can't wait for Saturday now. Just hope they can keep it up against poorer opposition.

I was also proud of Rocky Stowell having a go at the ref after normal time...and being held back by RK.....

I had begun to wonder why I bothered turning up week after week when it seemed like the players didn't care.

The last 3 home games have reminded me why and last night was fantastic, I can't remember the last time i stayed behind to applaud a defeat :biggrin:

Felt proud of the lads, came out of the game happy even though we lost. Well done all of them. Good atmosphere at the Walkers too, loved 'O'Neill is a Leicester Fan'

I was also proud of Rocky Stowell having a go at the ref after normal time...and being held back by RK.....

and having another go in the tunnel after the final whistle.....and being held back by several others.......once again!

Maybe the passion we have shown in the last few weeks is a result of incidents like this....so perhaps it's starting to come through from the people involved like MS.

Well done boys.

We love you Leicester We do
We love you Leicester we do
We love you Leicester we do

Oh Leicester we love you

Up the city!!:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593