Proud of every single one

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long time since i've seen a thread like this....well done to every player last night....i've not been a fan of Maybury but i thought he had a good game last night even if he did tire a bit during extra time but that was understandable.....disappointed with Josh Low's clearance for there winner but maybe should have had a call from Hendo (maybe he did i can't hear from row W).....but even still it was a great finish from the Villa guy that sunk all our hearts.

All in all it was a great night apart from the result

There were some players who didnt play well and some who played terrificly well. Villa fans thought they won the flaming thing, it took em 119th minutes to get pass our reserves.

They all deserve a pat on the back, great stuff, great atmosphere at times, despite some cheats like 'O'Neill Is A Leicester Fan' being embrassing.

The only game i've been to this season but i don't think i could have chosen a better one!

To be honest, i don't think i've ever seen a city team put in that much effort down at the walkers. In particular, i was impressed with;

Kisnorbo - won just about everything in the air against Angel
Johansson - had both right sided players in his pocket all night, man of the match for me.
Stearman - pure effort, the lad could hardly move in extra time, good composure for the goal too. performed extremely well out of position
Wesolowski - fantastic, great passing and rarely drifted out of position. bags of determination, wasn't afffected by the game despite his age.future captain?
Hume - For the first hour he was our most dangerous player. dropped off for the ball and managed to do something with it more often than not.

Despite Henderson's 3 great saves (from petrov, barry and pen) i thought he was very dodgy when it came to crosses. he never wanted the ball back either, has no confidence in himself. Still, he kept us in it and deserves applause. was Logan injured?

all in all, fantastic performance for MON's return. we deserved a lot more from the game and perhaps could have won in 90 mins if we had more ideas in the final third.

well done city

I am so pleased to hear all of this, was at a gig in London last night so couldn't go, but a Villa fan at work today (who went) said he thought we looked as good a City side as he had seen in a long time. Massive well done to RK and the boys for putting a side out last night - I am so happy it looks like RK is getting it right at last. I wonder if we weren't fit and ready at the start of the season you know....

By far the best display we have seen at the Walkers - and by far the best atmosphere as well

The pleasing thing was that we took the game to them right from the kick off - and this didn't change despite setback after setback. the one thing we have lacked in recent years has been sheer guts - and we gotr it in spades last night. Magnificent

There are things we could all criticise but, after a display like that, why would you want/need to bother ?

Special mention to McAuley, Stearman and Hume who all looked premiership class last night

One last thing is that, finally, we have the absolute proof that you can come up with all the ridiculous gimmicks you like - song sheets, clapping choirs, Henry and his feckin' big band, stupid music played right up to kick off, and birchenall and his now truly embarrassing team sheet bollox - but the only thing you really need to create an atmosphere in that god-awful stadium is a team on the pitch who show their passion and pride and complete 100% effort

Magic, our Morris

First time in ages I've felt genuinely gutted that we lost:icon_sad:

This is a game that reminded me why I got hooked to watching City. Special praise for Stearman, Weso and Nissa, but they all gave everything.

Great stuff.

Regarding atmosphere... dunno about anyone else but once I sussed out that the lass next to me was, erm, not as blue as she should have been my singing of "S*it on the Villa" in particular became a lot louder and more frequent. I'm sure she wasn't the only infiltrator. Might be worth encouraging this in future?!

So proud to be a City fan, not only did the reserve team push Villa all the way but our fans were excellent! When everybody stood up and clapped the players (When Villa scored their third) it was the perfect example of what real football fans are all about!

Also the mexican wave half way through extra time was quality! :)

Immensley proud to be a leicester fan this morning.

Just been out in Sandwich in my Leicester-til-I-die shirt and twice got told that we were unlucky last night.

Jingle Bels
Jingle Bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to be
A Leicester fan today!

OY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696