Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mercury reports it as a toxic atmosphere yesterday: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/.../toxic-atmosphere-leicester-city-real-1539053

I really cannot agree. The manager has received extraordinary support. I was amongst the minority yesterday in booing, singing 'you don't know what you're doing', 'Puel out', etc. Most just bent over and took it up the arse once again, forever grateful.

All around me supporters seemed embarrassed and aghast at such an out pouring of emotion from the minority. They wouldn't know how to protest. There is no such thing as a toxic atmosphere at games any more.

The Mercury reports it as a toxic atmosphere yesterday: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/.../toxic-atmosphere-leicester-city-real-1539053

I really cannot agree. The manager has received extraordinary support. I was amongst the minority yesterday in booing, singing 'you don't know what you're doing', 'Puel out', etc. Most just bent over and took it up the arse once again, forever grateful.

All around me supporters seemed embarrassed and aghast at such an out pouring of emotion from the minority. They wouldn't know how to protest. There is no such thing as a toxic atmosphere at games any more.

I agree with this, and said so in the match thread

They let us down yesterday with their flaccid indifferent apathy, when they could have been screaming for blood

I agree with this, and said so in the match thread

They let us down yesterday with their flaccid indifferent apathy, when they could have been screaming for blood

Although, thinking about it, this was somewhat redeemed by the 'lap of appreciation' after the match when only a few hundred stayed behind out of thirty thousand

Well done, everyone who got the feck out of there as soon as they could - said more than few choruses of Puel Out' ever could

Points collected in last 19 games (e.g. half a season) - us vs. the bottom six:

West Ham - 24

Swansea - 21

Huddersfield - 21

City - 18

West Brom - 17

Southampton - 15

Stoke - 14

Points collected in last 19 games (e.g. half a season) - us vs. the bottom six:

West Ham - 24

Swansea - 21

Huddersfield - 21

City - 18

West Brom - 17

Southampton - 15

Stoke - 14
But two seasons ago we won the league so be grateful and don’t ever complain because it will forever be unjustified.

We are staying up!

We played like title challengers for eight weeks picking up 20 points from 9 games. Outside of that, we've shown relegation form.

That period also coincided with Mahrez's best spell of the season. The rest of the time has mostly been losing with Vardy getting consolations for us.

We played like title challengers for eight weeks picking up 20 points from 9 games. Outside of that, we've shown relegation form.

That period also coincided with the spell when Mahrez could be arsed. The rest of the time has mostly been losing with Vardy getting consolations for us.

You might be onto something there but it's probably a little more complicated than that.

Yes- good spin.

Ultimately though a timely reminder of the mistakes made by the Saints...

Not just Southampton but you can look at Stoke and West Brom too. Have sacked managers for being decidedly average only to wind up getting relegated.

Jamie Redknapp the latest ex pro to come out and suggest we stick with Puel. Sticking with is certainly my inclination but more recently have seen some things from Puel's character that I don't like. a.) Unable to garner any sort of positive reaction to the Palace thrashing what so ever. b.) On a few occasions has described a blatantly god awful showing as 'perfect' 'pretty good' etc, c.) I just think he's too soft.

I think over all my instinct is to suck it up this year and say hey, after the summer window and into next season, there has got to be evidence of considerable improvement coming through. We got far in both cup competitions and finished respectably in the league but the indication since the turn of the year has been that we are going to struggle next season.

Not just Southampton but you can look at Stoke and West Brom too. Have sacked managers for being decidedly average only to wind up getting relegated.

Jamie Redknapp the latest ex pro to come out and suggest we stick with Puel. Sticking with is certainly my inclination but more recently have seen some things from Puel's character that I don't like. a.) Unable to garner any sort of positive reaction to the Palace thrashing what so ever. b.) On a few occasions has described a blatantly god awful showing as 'perfect' 'pretty good' etc, c.) I just think he's too soft.

I think over all my instinct is to suck it up this year and say hey, after the summer window and into next season, there has got to be evidence of considerable improvement coming through. We got far in both cup competitions and finished respectably in the league but the indication since the turn of the year has been that we are going to struggle next season.
I’m already concerned about next season even if we get rid of Claude the Fraud in the summer, as he has damaged us so horrifically already. I think part of the reason that Southampton are where they are now is because of how much Puel damaged them towards the end of last season (although it didn’t help that they replaced him with a fellow duffer).

If we give him the summer and the start of next season, I can’t see anything other than relegation.

in the 2 season since the title win we have seen this group fail to perform until under threat of relegation, as soon as that threat was gone they stopped playing again, no manager, no matter how good a man manager or tactician he is can give someone hunger and desire that comes from within.

I think Puel is going and I actually like David Wagner but without a lot of players leaving (the players coasting to the end of their careers) we are going to repeat this cycle

no manager, no matter how good a man manager or tactician he is can give someone hunger and desire that comes from within.
Do you honestly believe this tripe you’re spouting?

Do you honestly believe this tripe you’re spouting?
you cannot teach hunger and desire, all people that have ever competed in any level of any sport know that, sorry it doesn't fit your simplistic view of Puel is shit its all him and only him but its true

There do exist in the world game a number of managers who can draw exceptional performances out of bang average players. Late 1990s Martin O’Neill is an obvious example. Sir Alex, Mourinho in his prime, Wenger in much of his first maybe ten years at Arsenal. Occasionally Ranieri and even Pearson.

There are the others who may need nothing less than good players to make a good team. Footballers being what they are, this still requires a varied skill set. Big personalities need big management. Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane may not be part of this group, but they’ve never had chance to prove it.

There are those who regardless of whatever mix of players they put together, they’ll always produce the same results — sometimes decent but quite often average to poor, with not much variance of playing style. Pardew, Allardyce, and the like.

Very few managers have the extraordinary ability to make world class players look total bobbins. This is what we are witnessing now.

There do exist in the world game a number of managers who can draw exceptional performances out of bang average players. Late 1990s Martin O’Neill is an obvious example. Sir Alex, Mourinho in his prime, Wenger in much of his first maybe ten years at Arsenal. Occasionally Ranieri and even Pearson.

There are the others who may need nothing less than good players to make a good team. Footballers being what they are, this still requires a varied skill set. Big personalities need big management. Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane may not be part of this group, but they’ve never had chance to prove it.

There are those who regardless of whatever mix of players they put together, they’ll always produce the same results — sometimes decent but quite often average to poor, with not much variance of playing style. Pardew, Allardyce, and the like.

Very few managers have the extraordinary ability to make world class players look total bobbins. This is what we are witnessing now.
tell me which world class players play for Leicester City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566