Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he still here?

Can't wait for Satdee, gonna be pulsating

The Huddersfield board are taking the money and running this season, I think most reasonable people recognise that Wagner is a lot better than anything else they’re going to get.

Tbf, I think Puel is a lot better than anything we’re going to get too. Until the close season at least...

Is he still here?

Can't wait for Satdee, gonna be pulsating
It will be if it’s anything like the last two times we played Southampton at home.

The Huddersfield board are taking the money and running this season, I think most reasonable people recognise that Wagner is a lot better than anything else they’re going to get.

Tbf, I think Puel is a lot better than anything we’re going to get too. Until the close season at least...
Benitez ???? I think you are right though I mean we could end up with Mark Hughes and that would snap me.

I'm unconvinced that Benitez is a lot better, especially with regard to his development of young players and considering that Mike Ashley is a prick you who will extract a high price if he leaves before his contract is up. If we could get Benitez, his team, whoever he wants on the scouting/signing side, on the cheap that is pretty much the only thing I can see as okish this January though

I'm unconvinced that Benitez is a lot better, especially with regard to his development of young players and considering that Mike Ashley is a prick you who will extract a high price if he leaves before his contract is up. If we could get Benitez, his team, whoever he wants on the scouting/signing side, on the cheap that is pretty much the only thing I can see as okish this January though
He is a proven manager with a massive reputation I think it is no secret he is unhappy with the board up in Newcastle and could do a lot better with us as we will back him in the transfer market, his profile would attract players especially in January not sure what Mike Ashley could if we made an approach he only has a few months left on his contract?

He is a proven manager with a massive reputation I think it is no secret he is unhappy with the board up in Newcastle and could do a lot better with us as we will back him in the transfer market, his profile would attract players especially in January not sure what Mike Ashley could if we made an approach he only has a few months left on his contract?
with a new training ground imminent, a proposed increase in capacity at the KP, the money tree is not quite as full as many seem to think.

he is also one of the most political managers around that constantly feed stories to his friends in the media and by the way plays duller more defensive football than Puel does

with a new training ground imminent, a proposed increase in capacity at the KP, the money tree is not quite as full as many seem to think.
Makes you wonder if we have become like Arsenal and Wenger perhaps the club are content with 10 -7 place whilst the build goes ahead?

then you have forgotten, his football has always been defensive, that's just how he manages, he's another Jose

then you have forgotten, his football has always been defensive, that's just how he manages, he's another Jose

Spot on

Might as well keep this duffer than go and pay a fortune bringing that nightmare into the Club. It would be a disaster

Jebus

I really thought when I got out of bed at 5am this morning that i’d be driving home tonight and the radio would be reporting slightly more than Iborra leaving the club.

Puel won't go anytime soon. The loss vs Newport was the FA Cup and the competition is famous for the magic where anyone can beat anyone and they almost beat Spurs last season.

He wont get sacked because:

- We've won three of the last four against some big teams.
- We're 7th.
- Some of our younger players are doing brilliantly well.
- We have the fantastic position whereby our loan players are doing so well that we are considering bringing them back into the fold half way through the season. Essentially this shows a bright future.
- We've had a terrible recent tragedy of an unthinkable magnitude only 2 and half months ago.

Yes the football is shit and decisions are often questionable but I seriously don't think we could attract anyone to do a better job at this point in time.

We also don't know how the running of the club may have temporarily or even permanently changed. Do we even have the facility to make such an important change now?

The family who own our beloved club have gone through a painful 3 months and they're only human. With the squad and team in decent shape and us sitting 7th, I don't think they need to mix it up anymore for the time being.

I'd love for Leonardo Jardim or someone like that to come in but it probably isn't likely. And even then nothing is guaranteed.

Im gonna get behind Puel and just try to keep things positive. Im not blind and can see the crappy, inconsistent football, but I just hope we finish 7th now. I want that. Its good for continuity and mentally if we finish as the best of the rest we're then positioned to push for top 6 from there.

Besides, if all things align we may get a place in Europe depending on who wins this season's Europa League. I think Arsenal and Chelsea are both in it. I know it's wishful thinking but you have to be in it to win it and that's where 7th place may be useful after all.

Puel won't go anytime soon. The loss vs Newport was the FA Cup and the competition is famous for the magic where anyone can beat anyone and they almost beat Spurs last season.

He wont get sacked because:

- We've won three of the last four against some big teams.
- We're 7th.
- Some of our younger players are doing brilliantly well.
- We have the fantastic position whereby our loan players are doing so well that we are considering bringing them back into the fold half way through the season. Essentially this shows a bright future.
- We've had a terrible recent tragedy of an unthinkable magnitude only 2 and half months ago.

Yes the football is shit and decisions are often questionable but I seriously don't think we could attract anyone to do a better job at this point in time.

We also don't know how the running of the club may have temporarily or even permanently changed. Do we even have the facility to make such an important change now?

The family who own our beloved club have gone through a painful 3 months and they're only human. With the squad and team in decent shape and us sitting 7th, I don't think they need to mix it up anymore for the time being.

I'd love for Leonardo Jardim or someone like that to come in but it probably isn't likely. And even then nothing is guaranteed.

Im gonna get behind Puel and just try to keep things positive. Im not blind and can see the crappy, inconsistent football, but I just hope we finish 7th now. I want that. Its good for continuity and mentally if we finish as the best of the rest we're then positioned to push for top 6 from there.

Besides, if all things align we may get a place in Europe depending on who wins this season's Europa League. I think Arsenal and Chelsea are both in it. I know it's wishful thinking but you have to be in it to win it and that's where 7th place may be useful after all.
some valid points and good perspective there, we have to finish 7th yet and there are plenty of clubs in the mix. We blew it last year let's not delude ourselves Puel is making some odd decisions and still does not want to play a settled side.
It can not be lost on anyone in this forum that we beat Chelsea (with a lot of luck) and Man City with a virtually unchanged side, we will see who plays on the weekend.
Everytime we zone in on 6th place or have an opportunity to do well in cup competitions Puel sabotages it. Newport is a prime example look at last night Liverpool played some youngsters but still had their big guns on the bench, Puel did not even have Vardy in the squad why?

some valid points and good perspective there, we have to finish 7th yet and there are plenty of clubs in the mix. We blew it last year let's not delude ourselves Puel is making some odd decisions and still does not want to play a settled side.
It can not be lost on anyone in this forum that we beat Chelsea (with a lot of luck) and Man City with a virtually unchanged side, we will see who plays on the weekend.
Everytime we zone in on 6th place or have an opportunity to do well in cup competitions Puel sabotages it. Newport is a prime example look at last night Liverpool played some youngsters but still had their big guns on the bench, Puel did not even have Vardy in the squad why?
Agreed, I just can’t imagine in Claude’s head when he was choosing the team where he thought the goals were coming from. Okazaki and Kelechi up front and no Maddison, let alone Vardy?

Why indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758