Push chairs/prams/travel systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would refuse, on principal, to buy anything pretentious enough to describe itself as a feckin 'travel system', **** off it's a pram

It's not even that - it's a pushchair.

I'm sorry, but I think anyone who spends that sort of money on a fecking pushchair, travel system, pram whatever you want to call it is a fool.

The baby will spend very little time in it, and after 6-7 months will be ready for a bog standard stroller.

We had Graco travel systems for both of my children, each cost around £200 and provided them with comfort and warmth. Both were sold at a later date for approx £60 each.

totally agree were thinking of getting a graco one think it costs £230

I'm sorry, but I think anyone who spends that sort of money on a fecking pushchair, travel system, pram whatever you want to call it is a fool.

The baby will spend very little time in it, and after 6-7 months will be ready for a bog standard stroller.

We had Graco travel systems for both of my children, each cost around £200 and provided them with comfort and warmth. Both were sold at a later date for approx £60 each.

Ah the voice of reason.

I would refuse, on principal, to buy anything pretentious enough to describe itself as a feckin 'travel system', **** off it's a pram

totally agree were thinking of getting a graco one think it costs £230

ha ha £230 isnt that dear for one not when you get those forking out £800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chumps, you could buy it a crappy little motor for that

I can see what you are saying BUT just because some of us choose to spend our hard earned cash on something like what i described in my post above does not make us all idiots.

Some of the posts above are ill informed. The 'travel systems' are normally until the child is 2 or 3 and therefore does not seem as expensive as someting that is going to last months. It also includes a car seat which is law for you to have.

Some people might say spending money on beer, football, lottery tickets and so forth is a waste of money. I wouldn't be so rude as to tell someone else they are an idiot because they choose to spend their money in a certain way...

I can see what you are saying BUT just because some of us choose to spend our hard earned cash on something like what i described in my post above does not make us all idiots.

Some of the posts above are ill informed. The 'travel systems' are normally until the child is 2 or 3 and therefore does not seem as expensive as someting that is going to last months. It also includes a car seat which is law for you to have.

Some people might say spending money on beer, football, lottery tickets and so forth is a waste of money. I wouldn't be so rude as to tell someone else they are an idiot because they choose to spend their money in a certain way...

fair play to you :038:

I can't see where anybody as called you an idiot. I personally said that I think anyone thats spends that sort of money is a fool, and I stand by that. The baby will think no more of being in an £800 pushchair, as opposed to one that costs £200 or even less.

You decided you wanted to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a pushchair and accessories - and thats your choice. The people who have responded in the manner that they have done, have every right to post their thoughts. The majority seems to suggest spending that sort of money is crazy.

The thread was created to ask for opinions, and they have been provided.

I never called you an idiot ? If you want to spend £800 on a travel unit then you do it. In my opinion (which id essentially what a forum is about ) that is a trifle steep.
I think 3 years use may be optimistic.

I can't see where anybody as called you an idiot. I personally said that I think anyone thats spends that sort of money is a fool, and I stand by that. The baby will think no more of being in an £800 pushchair, as opposed to one that costs £200 or even less.

You decided you wanted to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a pushchair and accessories - and thats your choice. The people who have responded in the manner that they have done, have every right to post their thoughts. The majority seems to suggest spending that sort of money is crazy.

The thread was created to ask for opinions, and they have been provided.

Sorry, replace idiot with fool. No one is suggesting that the baby will think more of someone who spends more than another person, just that it does not make them a fool if they do choose to spend £700 - £800.

You once again then use ridiculous in your response, suggesting i am ridiculous, but that surely is up to me and therefore is not ridiculous?

But yes we do all have the right to our opinions...

Sorry, replace idiot with fool. No one is suggesting that the baby will think more of someone who spends more than another person, just that it does not make them a fool if they do choose to spend £700 - £800.

You once again then use ridiculous in your response, suggesting i am ridiculous, but that surely is up to me and therefore is not ridiculous?

But yes we do all have the right to our opinions...

Eh? If people think its ridiculous then that is their perception. If you dont then that is your perception.

Last edited:
I never called you an idiot ? If you want to spend £800 on a travel unit then you do it. In my opinion (which id essentially what a forum is about ) that is a trifle steep.
I think 3 years use may be optimistic.

No Lazzer you did not, maybe i shouldn't have multi quoted this as i have falsely given the impression that others called me (and others) idiots...

I do hope for 2 years though at least, and then the joys of e-bay!

No Lazzer you did not, maybe i shouldn't have multi quoted this as i have falsely given the impression that others called me (and others) idiots...

I do hope for 2 years though at least, and then the joys of e-bay!

Mine were walking up Glenhills Boulevard at 13 months. Kids today have it easy in their Travel Units :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46