Push chairs/prams/travel systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

four king power

Am i missing something here!?

Are they made out of precious stones or platinum? :icon_eek:

Just off shopping to get travel system for baby to be. The mrs has done the research on the internet and wants an i-candy system. Fine i said, how much is that.....£800!

Seriously, WTF? They cant cost a 5th of that to make. Through this whole process of getting ready for baby it just seems to me that parents get screwed with ridiculos prices on just about everything. ****s

Just off shopping to get travel system for baby to be. The mrs has done the research on the internet and wants an i-candy system. Fine i said, how much is that.....£800!

When I was a little older than you are now, I bought a brand-new Mini Clubman for that.

Seriously, WTF? They cant cost a 5th of that to make. Through this whole process of getting ready for baby it just seems to me that parents get screwed with ridiculos prices on just about everything. ****s

You got married recently, surely you now realise that adding the word Wedding or Baby before anything adds a 600% markup on the price.

Sponge cake = £10
Wedding cake = £500

etc

Welcome to my world.....

On the bright side, for a system like that you'll get a huge chunk of your money back on ebay in a couple of years time

Hi FKA,

Just had a son myself 12 days ago and spent nearly a month researching this whole thing. If you want some advice here goes, if not i apologise...

1) Do you have a car and if so how big is the boot?
2) Do you want a car seat that clips into the pushchar? If so the obvious advantage of this is that you can take your baby straight from the car to the pushchair without waking it up?
3) Do you have lots of storage and if not then a folding down small pushchair is ideal?
4) Do you want your baby to face you/your mrs when he/she is being pushed as not all pushchairs can do this?
5) Do you want one that can convert from flat (which is requireed in the early years) to then become and upright?
6) Always buy LIGHT in weight.

My answers to all the above were yes and therefore i bought a bugaboo bee, this cost me 400 plus accessories, another 100, this system is light (7KG) and folds virtually flat, and can easily fit in the boot of a small car (i have a Polo).

I bought a maxi cosi car seat (THIS MODEL WINS AWARDS ON CRASH SAFETY), it also clips onto the pushchair and the baby faces you, but you can turn it around to face the other way, McLarens do not.

I also bought a permenant base for the car seat to clip into (called isofix, if you have a car without ISOFIX it can also be strapped in) you will need to check if your car is compatible to ISOFIX or not. The car seat and base cost me 220 plus the clips to attach the seat to the pushchair 15. All in all 730, but you should do research as you can buy a package which may save you a few quid.

If you need any more info please PM me.

Camberwell.

Tell your missus to stop being an arsehole and find something cheaper.

Hi FKA,

Just had a son myself 12 days ago and spent nearly a month researching this whole thing. If you want some advice here goes, if not i apologise...

1) Do you have a car and if so how big is the boot?
2) Do you want a car seat that clips into the pushchar? If so the obvious advantage of this is that you can take your baby straight from the car to the pushchair without waking it up?
3) Do you have lots of storage and if not then a folding down small pushchair is ideal?
4) Do you want your baby to face you/your mrs when he/she is being pushed as not all pushchairs can do this?
5) Do you want one that can convert from flat (which is requireed in the early years) to then become and upright?
6) Always buy LIGHT in weight.

My answers to all the above were yes and therefore i bought a bugaboo bee, this cost me 400 plus accessories, another 100, this system is light (7KG) and folds virtually flat, and can easily fit in the boot of a small car (i have a Polo).

I bought a maxi cosi car seat (THIS MODEL WINS AWARDS ON CRASH SAFETY), it also clips onto the pushchair and the baby faces you, but you can turn it around to face the other way, McLarens do not.

I also bought a permenant base for the car seat to clip into (called isofix, if you have a car without ISOFIX it can also be strapped in) you will need to check if your car is compatible to ISOFIX or not. The car seat and base cost me 220 plus the clips to attach the seat to the pushchair 15. All in all 730, but you should do research as you can buy a package which may save you a few quid.

If you need any more info please PM me.

Camberwell.

Congrats on the baby. :038:

Cheers for the info, you have done alot of research in to it! The i-candy cherry is the one that apparently fitted all our needs and are now in the possesion of.

I probably should have posted more than 5 mins before purchasing!

Congrats on the baby. :038:

Cheers for the info, you have done alot of research in to it! The i-candy cherry is the one that apparently fitted all our needs and are now in the possesion of.

I probably should have posted more than 5 mins before purchasing!

When baby's are usually mentioned a lot of guys wish they had bought something 5 mins before (and after:icon_wink) performing the act!!:icon_bigg

Definitely buy Maxi-Cosi, they seem far superior to anything else I used to sell.

I'm sorry, but I think anyone who spends that sort of money on a fecking pushchair, travel system, pram whatever you want to call it is a fool.

The baby will spend very little time in it, and after 6-7 months will be ready for a bog standard stroller.

We had Graco travel systems for both of my children, each cost around £200 and provided them with comfort and warmth. Both were sold at a later date for approx £60 each.

I'm sorry, but I think anyone who spends that sort of money on a fecking pushchair, travel system, pram whatever you want to call it is a fool.

The baby will spend very little time in it, and after 6-7 months will be ready for a bog standard stroller.

We had Graco travel systems for both of my children, each cost around £200 and provided them with comfort and warmth. Both were sold at a later date for approx £60 each.
I agree.

I found this place to be excellent for all necessary baby items

http://www.babyequipmentcomplete.com/main_site/main/

Ah the voice of reason.

I would refuse, on principal, to buy anything pretentious enough to describe itself as a feckin 'travel system', **** off it's a pram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669