QPR 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is remarkable. I posted an opinion on what little I'd seen of the game, making clear how little I'd seen and how few games I've watched of late. Someone has a go, I have a go back and you've all spent the past eight hours weeping into each other's copious bosoms.

I'll repeat what I said - this wasn't a heroic performance, Sven hasn't moved the mountain, nothing incredible has happened yet. I argued with the 'Mongies' against Notts County in 94 when they spat at Little and against Sheff Utd in 96 when they called for O'Neill's head, but if those two managers hadn't been forced to question whether what they were doing was right, then we'd never have gone up. Sven's going to have to do exactly the same. His advantage is that he has better resources at hand than any City manager for a decade.

There's no goading going on here, you really shouldn't be so sensitive. Great clubs are built on the demand for greatness and, by that standard, this collective clamouring for mediocrity will get you what you all deserve. I've said nothing more than that things need to be fixed and wondered at how we might go about it. But ah! It hurts! Don't let the nasty man speak! Press the IGNORE button! Slap on the Jimmy Bloomfield Golden Years VHS before he reminds us that we actually lost today! ****ing grow up.

And by the way, for those who've bemoaned my past four years of posting, I think my contributions are best summed up thus-

(a) Ian Holloway was going to get us relegated (for which everyone called me an idiot and told me to shut up)

(b) Milan Mandaric isn't God (for which everyone called me an idiot and told me to shut up)

(c) We'd have been better off sticking by Nigel Pearson (ditto)

(d) Sven isn't a better LCFC manager than O'Neill.

Fairly basic stuff really. Only an absolute ****ing moron would disagree. And just because nearly all of you are absolute ****ing morons doesn't mean I'm going to shrink away and admit I'm wrong.

I have bruising from being repeatedly elbowed by a stupid bint first, and then her odious OH for all of the second half after they swapped their seats/standing places.

My mate Dawn was there first, but after being hit several times by said bint in the shoulder(Dawn is a shortarse) I swapped with her as I thought(wrongly as it turned out) that the bint wouldn't shove her elbows in the side of someone taller/bigger than she was.

She spent most of the time stood there whinging about having to stand up and then after I swapped with Dawn she swapped with her OH, who then clearly didn't seem to have a problem with being verbally abusive towards two women because they wouldn't move up the row so they could have more room. I spent a lot of the second half with my knee wedged between the gaps of the seats infront of my and Dawn-I would've been better off standing sideways, and then the OH started edging across into my space.
I couldn't even put me hands in my coats pockets without him gobbing off that I was 'hitting him' on purpose and when I told him to grow the f*ck up he got his phone and took a photo of me, saying if I tried to be violent he would be able to prove who I was!:icon_eek:
Then kept telling me tp punch him so he could have me chucked out.:icon_roll
I'd got to the point where I was standing with my legs ramrod straight so he couldn't budge me over anymore, but it was when he turned round and called me a 'f*cking c*nt' when I was clapping a bloody good tackle by one of our lads(obviously me clapping meant I was slightly nudging him) that I thought 'you really are a fecking twat'.

Completely spoilt me day that did,the behaviour of two people old enough to be my parents and the language from the pathetic twattish man towards us both was so OTT.

They could've given me £12.50 for the half seat/space they clearly wanted for the entire game.

ANYHOO! As for the match, was a bit surprised at the team line-up though for purely selfish reasons delighted my camera would get more Oakley pics.

I thought they played well, created good openings and had some VERY good chances which were wasted,which was a shame, cos despite what some of said on here today, both in this thread and the match thread( just cos one player is in ffs), we did not deserve to lose.

Certainly a better performance than the last three, but we really do need to take the chances given us.

Ah well!

Next match please!

Ha! Yes!

....just because nearly all of you are absolute ****ing morons doesn't mean I'm going to shrink away and admit I'm wrong.

I really could not be ****ing arsed to read your pathetic diatribe syd, but this at the end pretty much sums up why everybody that posts on this site thinks that you are just an ignorant troll ****.
This caught my eye and it perfectly sums you up. **** Off you ignorant ****, you are not welcome here and you never will be you ignorant prick.
All you are about is abuse. This is a welcoming forum that consists of City fans who just want to have a bit of crack with each other and share our love of the team.
You are just an utter **** that craves negative attention. Please, please please just **** off. I know you'll probably just wank yourself senseless that you've managed to promote such a response from me, but seriously syd, this says a lot more about you than it does about me.
Jeff, seriously, do we need this shit?

Why don't you be Walter for a while? He wasn't so bad, pretend to be him again and give us all a bit of peace

This is remarkable. I posted an opinion on what little I'd seen of the game, making clear how little I'd seen and how few games I've watched of late. Someone has a go, I have a go back and you've all spent the past eight hours weeping into each other's copious bosoms.

Errr no, not all, there is a lot of people on here who can't be arsed:icon_razz
And by the way, for those who've bemoaned my past four years of posting, I think my contributions are best summed up thus-

(a) Ian Holloway was going to get us relegated (for which everyone called me an idiot and told me to shut up)

(b) Milan Mandaric isn't God (for which everyone called me an idiot and told me to shut up)

(c) We'd have been better off sticking by Nigel Pearson (ditto)

(d) Sven isn't a better LCFC manager than O'Neill.

Fairly basic stuff really. Only an absolute ****ing moron would disagree. And just because nearly all of you are absolute ****ing morons doesn't mean I'm going to shrink away and admit I'm wrong.

a) Errr There's a LOT of folk who think that way about IH- many on here.

b)same as above.

c)maybe, maybe not. I think most of us would agree we wouldn't have such a pathetic start to the season if things hadn't been messed about with in the summer though.

d) He HAS won more trophies..... of course that doesn't necessarily make him a better manager, especially in this country.

So really, you aren't the 'single voice of reason' on here at all that you try and make yourself out to be.
Have you really posted for 4 years? Hmph.... never even noticed til you started slagging off everyone who think Sven is the best we've had for a long time. I certainly can't remember you slagging Sousa off like this(but then there wouldn't have been much arguing there!)

BTW, did you go to the game yesterday, cos you've given a very long post about the match and what was wrong with our performance, which doesn't go along with what I was watching!

Errrr quite......

Errr no, not all, there is a lot of people on here who can't be arsed:icon_razz

a) Errr There's a LOT of folk who think that way about IH- many on here.

b)same as above.

c)maybe, maybe not. I think most of us would agree we wouldn't have such a pathetic start to the season if things hadn't been messed about with in the summer though.

d) He HAS won more trophies..... of course that doesn't necessarily make him a better manager, especially in this country.
I don't think you read Syd's post properly. Can't say I blame you.

I ignored all the rest between the first sentence and that last bit, cos tbh I can't be doing with the keyboard warrior malarky.

I leave that to you boys to do your playground stuff!:icon_razz

I've got some dog poo on a stick now. Just waiting for him to return.

Perhaps today is a brighter day and Walter will make an appearance instead.

I ignored all the rest between the first sentence and that last bit, cos tbh I can't be doing with the keyboard warrior malarky.

I leave that to you boys to do your playground stuff!:icon_razz
Well done on ignoring the bullshit, but in the process you missed the actual meaning of his post.

Incidentally I'm not sure bringing in phrases like 'keyboard warrior' and 'playground stuff' is helpful or correct - suggesting that someone stops acting like a complete dickhead seems to me to be pretty sensible.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the game, if not the result. Very difficult to get a visual perspective of the game from z1 by the home 'fans' but thought we were very good value for a draw at least.

First half I had us about 65/35, second half more level but I think in the second half we conceded the midfield, and they picked up more second ball. Naughton and the defines generally (bar the goal) were excellent.

Ricardo was very good too, maybe in his first few games when he was ring rusty he was better to punch, yesterday he was very solid.

Midfield was better first half than second and to be fair I hadn't noticed Oakley at all - that could be that he was doing the simple things well or that he was anonymous, I fear the latter. Yak and vas were great holding the ball up but were a bit toothless.

Possibly should have played Gally rather than Oakley?

No excuses for Waggy not at least forcing the keeper to make a save from his two efforts. Overall very pleased with how we played against the most consistent side in our division. Marked (tarbaat ((so)) out of the game, great tackle on him early on to knock his confidence.

On another day we would have won this 3-0, and I am delighted with the progress we have made since last season.

Their fans were silent until they scored. I hope for his own sake that their 'twat in a hat' eighths flag put this away before he left the ground as these objects would have taken some pulling out from his arse.

Syd, I sat on the tube after the game surrounded with qpr fans and they wee saying they were lucky today and that not only were we the best team today but the best at their place this season.

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the game, if not the result. Very difficult to get a visual perspective of the game from z1 by the home 'fans' but thought we were very good value for a draw at least.

First half I had us about 65/35, second half more level but I think in the second half we conceded the midfield, and they picked up more second ball. Naughton and the defines generally (bar the goal) were excellent.

Ricardo was very good too, maybe in his first few games when he was ring rusty he was better to punch, yesterday he was very solid.

Midfield was better first half than second and to be fair I hadn't noticed Oakley at all - that could be that he was doing the simple things well or that he was anonymous, I fear the latter. Yak and vas were great holding the ball up but were a bit toothless.

Possibly should have played Gally rather than Oakley?

No excuses for Waggy not at least forcing the keeper to make a save from his two efforts. Overall very pleased with how we played against the most consistent side in our division. Marked (tarbaat ((so)) out of the game, great tackle on him early on to knock his confidence.

On another day we would have won this 3-0, and I am delighted with the progress we have made since last season.

Their fans were silent until they scored. I hope for his own sake that their 'twat in a hat' eighths flag put this away before he left the ground as these objects would have taken some pulling out from his arse.

Syd, I sat on the tube after the game surrounded with qpr fans and they wee saying they were lucky today and that not only were we the best team today but the best at their place this season.

Onwards and upwards.

To be fair on Waggy one of his chances the ball would not drop kindly for him,the other just got stuck in his feet.

And by the way, for those who've bemoaned my past four years of posting

Don't flatter yourself. You're still over half a year away from the fourth anniversary of joining TB :icon_wink

I saw the game live on TV4 Sport over here. City played, for the most part, excellent football against the League's outstanding team. I was very concerned that Warnock's tactical nouse might leave us with a heavy defeat but we were very unlucky not to take all 3 points.

We fought well in defence, I thought Mee's tackle on Taarabt was the defining moment of the first half and Yakubu's long range chip was only inches away from giving us a deserved lead. Waghorn should have done better with his chances , it was up front where we struggled not at the back.

It's a pity that other results have pushed us further away from the play-offs as we were so much better than last week.

It's not all over yet but Tuesday's game feels very much like a must win. Hull and Burnley are serious contenders for that last play-off spot. I'm coming across for the game and believe it could make or break our season. Our run in is not as tough on paper as our play-off rivals but now is the time to get back on track.

Last edited:
I've deliberately not quoted Syd so as not to inflict him on those ignoring him but this is directed at him.

Sven this year has averaged 1.75 points per game this year despite taking over a team low on confidence and form. The team obviously had serious issues with fitness and key figures from previous seasons were unrecognisable including Hobbs who went from player of the season to a disaster area.

NP in the Championship averaged 1.65 points per game.

This is not to decry NP's achievement but to slay Syd with the trusty sword of truth!

...thought we were very good value for a draw at least.

Midfield was better first half than second and to be fair I hadn't noticed Oakley at all - that could be that he was doing the simple things well or that he was anonymous, I fear the latter.

No excuses for Waggy not at least forcing the keeper to make a save from his two efforts....

Onwards and upwards.

To be fair on Waggy one of his chances the ball would not drop kindly for him,the other just got stuck in his feet.

Thanks for the excellent summary, I only saw the highlights, and frustrated to see some excellent play not rewarded with an end product. Waggy's efforts just wouldn't sit, maybe if he had more match minutes under his belt or wasn't trying so hard ... but it'll come.

The matches I have seen Matt Oakley, he's definitely "done the job" - which I can only guess is to protect the defence as it grows used to playing together. Somehow though, Gally playing also lifts Richie and Kingy - as the defence (including Ricardo) seems to be gelling - maybe it's time to take the risk and revert to the more attacking version of 4-4-2/4-3-3.

I think Waghorn's misses - particularly the last one- vindicates Sven's judgement in not giving him a starting place.

His asset is that he brings fresh energy as a substitute - but he just isn't good enough as a finisher when he has time to think.

He looks a hardworking decent player - but as mentioned before Sunderland knew we were well OTT in the money we paid.

On a more positive note, Ricardo had a good game and some of us might need to start reviewing our criticism of his selection.

Waghorn is a player for the future, which I think Sven knows. I think we also know Sven possibly wouldn't have forked out £3m on him though!!!!

Re: City 0 QPR 1

It's not the end of the world, it can still be done.

Yet I'm very worried that we have this policy of accumulating expensive players up to the point that they don't really seem to function as a unit (since the additions of Bruma and Ricardo we haven't been the same) - and one goal in our three most crucial games of the season smacks of a shortcoming in the ideas department. We knew Sven would have the resources to do well at City, but he has underestimated this league. And he's yet to understand that every side needs the option of reverting to a more direct style of play.

EVERYONE has figured out how to play against Leicester. Great sides play however they wish to play, but good sides need to adapt. As for QPR - surely you've seen enough football to know that the best sides can nick the vital goal in a finely balanced game. We deserved to lose this. Don't hide - face up to it and deal with it. One point from nine proves we're getting it wrong at the moment.

bruma was one of citys best players yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670