QPR 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the game yesterday and there is no doubt we were the better side, however as my highly technical player review system shows below - we do have big areas for improvement

Ricardo - well dodgy and too small
Bruma - class
Knaughton - class
Bamba -mustard
Mee - ok
Abe - dodgy
King - class (but poor game yesterday)
Wellens - ok
Oakley - dodgy
Vassell - ok
Yakubu - class

I think we look very lightweight in midfield and lack a strong tackling leader and a quick attacking winger, I also think Ricardo looks very poor which is a shame as the defence looks very strong.

My mate who is a QPR fan agreed we looked very good and as he rightly said had we have scored first, we would have won. We didn't, we lost and thats football.

I think Sven will come good. I don't know if people tend to forget the appalling first 10 games or so that really put us on the back foot with regard to the current play-off push.

Only thing that annoys me about Sven really is regularly starting Vassell. I'd much rather see Waghorn given a few starts with Vassell on the bench. Not sure about the keeper either but I can see why he wants to give him a go as he allows us to build from the back rather than punting forward but for me my heart is always in my mouth when the ball goes into our penalty box with him in goal.

Ricardo - well dodgy and too small

I'm interested to know what you thought he did wrong yesterday. From what I saw he made a couple of decent saves (one with his feet and one at the near post).

Also what has his height go to do with it? He is 6ft 1 which imo is not too small.

I was also pleased that the response he got from the City fans was one of support for a change.

Last edited:
I'm interested to know what you thought he did wrong yesterday. From what I saw he made a couple of decent saves (one with his feet and one at the near post).

Also what has his height go to do with it? He is 6ft 1 which imo is not too small.

I was also pleased that the response he got from the City fans was one of support for a change.

But he can't be a goalkeeper if he's small...it's not like Fabien Bartez or Iker Casillas have ever achieved anything.

Says in the Sunday times that Portugal national team coaches were at the game yesterday and are planning to recall Ricardo.

Sorry if it's been posted already.

Last edited:
Says in the Sunday times that Portugal national team coaches were at the game yesterday and are planning to recall Ricardo.

Sorry if it's been posted already.

I bet they were just there asking Weale if he has a Portugese grandparent.

Re: City 0 QPR 1

No Sven isn't doing a shit job - I honestly don't think that. But any manager who couldn't lift a side who'd finished in the play-offs last year from the bottom of the table (after ten games) to the mid-table (with the best financial backing in the league) would be utterly useless. Sven has so far done no more than what would be expected of any professional manager.

I think I'm going to regret saying this.....but I actually agree with much of this.

We had a number of games where people came away saying we were lucky to win, and now we've had a patch where it was either a fair result that we didn't win, or like yesterday we were quite unlucky - (imho, of course).

The argument about lifting last year's team from the bottom falls down though because we are no longer playing with the same team from last year. They are all in Hull / on loan / on the bench...

Still wondering why Bruma didn't just trip Miller over. Red card, five minutes to hold out. Warnock would have applauded such an action down the other end.

Daren't watch the highlights.

Re: City 0 QPR 1

I think I'm going to regret saying this.....but I actually agree with much of this.

We had a number of games where people came away saying we were lucky to win, and now we've had a patch where it was either a fair result that we didn't win, or like yesterday we were quite unlucky - (imho, of course).

The argument about lifting last year's team from the bottom falls down though because we are no longer playing with the same team from last year. They are all in Hull / on loan / on the bench...

I disagree as Sven has brought in a completely new back four, five since Ricardo has started recently, strikers/wingers (Yakubu, Vassell) & that takes time to get the players to gel & perform together on a consistent level. Just because we have a different team doesn't, in my opinion, dislodge the fact that we were bottom of the league looking like a sinking ship heading for League One. Yes Sven has turned it round & it is all looking rosy for this season & the future.

I generally get the feeling that the good run at the start of 2011, hasn't done Sven any favours, as we are now almost expecting to be in the playoffs. If we had just picked up a few points on the pack & we were maybe 7/8 points off the playoffs in 12th/13th, we'd be saying 'well its all building for next season' & not setting our sights too high. But because we have done so well to get on a roll & shoot up the league into 7th (now down to 9th) we are expecting it to continue & nick a playoff place.

Last edited:
Errr no, not all, there is a lot of people on here who can't be arsed:icon_razz

Everyone bar five regulars from what I can see.

I really don't understand why anyone gives him the attention. If someone can't post without being abusive they don't deserve the effort or the energy of a response in my book - so all four of them are on my ignore list.

Last edited:
Stuff about idiot fans

We ended up near the back of the little section that wanted to sit down. A bloke sitting behind me kept on kicking the back of my seat, and I wanted to stand anyway, so politely asked him if he would swap seats with me and Biffa Bacon. He, quite rudely, refused. We did eventually did move onto the row behind, but honestly, there was no need for the attitude from Mr "I'll sit there with my arms folded, kicking the seat in front, in time with my radio commentary". :mad:

Everyone bar five regulars from what I can see.

I really don't understand why anyone gives him the attention. If someone can't post without being abusive they don't deserve the effort or the energy of a response in my book - so all four of them are on my ignore list.
Syd has four personalities? I was only aware of two :icon_conf

We ended up near the back of the little section that wanted to sit down. A bloke sitting behind me kept on kicking the back of my seat, and I wanted to stand anyway, so politely asked him if he would swap seats with me and Biffa Bacon. He, quite rudely, refused. We did eventually did move onto the row behind, but honestly, there was no need for the attitude from Mr "I'll sit there with my arms folded, kicking the seat in front, in time with my radio commentary". :mad:

What a knobhead.
Thankfully our muppets from yesterday almost certainly won't be there next week!

The travelling support yesterday was full of day trippers. Many who haven't been to a game all season by their own admission. A day out in the smoke and some glory was the draw. Hence the away end was full of complete twats.

Last edited:
How dare they go to a football match, if they don't go every single week. Who on earth do they think they are ?

Disgraceful behaviour :018:

I'm just glad no one around me asked about the whereabouts of Fryatt, Hobbs and Campbell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669