QPR Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

No one else seems to have started one so here we go...

The draw leaves us 16th. OK, we've only played 5 games and we're only 5 points off the leaders, but it's not really good enough.

I sense a season of dissapointment ahead. Not through any fault of Megson neccessarily, just the fact that we are so disrupted - it's not his squad, etc etc. Hope I'm wrong, just what this game has left me feeling.

Nevertheless, bring on Forest, Gary Megson's blue and white army :038::038::038:

Well, that was shite. Cort is a poor man's de Vries and Megson's substitutions were appalling.

Can't blame Megson yet.
He's not even put his slippers on and remember he didn't buy any of them!
His dialemma was maybe do I bring on shit that I know is shit or shit that I'm unsure or unaware is shit!
Were we really that shit though?

Can't blame Megson yet.
He's not even put his slippers on and remember he didn't buy any of them!

You certainly can blame him for the shitty substitutions that cost us the match.

You certainly can blame him for the shitty substitutions that cost us the match.

you could also blame the players who bottled it when 1-0 up!

Poor start for the manager.

Two defensive substitutions, then not replacing Cort until the 90th minute confirmed my fears about the negative way his teams play.

It's not just that they were defensive - they were also the wrong players to take off. DJ was our most dangerous player by some margin and Porter was OK and did provide some width. Chambers just looked hapless and I've yet to see Kishishev add anything.

Poor start for the manager.

Two defensive substitutions, then not replacing Cort until the 90th minute confirmed my fears about the negative way his teams play.

yes! it was terrible! megson has had long enough. he should know the players by now and should be making better decisions than that! megson out!

So did Megson not manage to win his first game in charge like all the other managers since 1349 or will the first game be officially considered as Forest on Tuesday? (I can see us losing that by the way)

yes! it was terrible! megson has had long enough. he should know the players by now and should be making better decisions than that! megson out!

I take it you're trying to be sarscastic?
He doesn't need to know the players intimately to know what feckin position they play in.

It's nothing to do with getting to know the players. It's to do with changing the style of play to defend a one goal lead, when we should have been trying to put the game beyond QPR.

If you take the Palace game we have already chucked away 4pts

perhaps megson believed we had the players to defend the lead and perhaps he found out that this is was not the case. he is in a no win situation. if we'd have gone for the win and conceded a goal he'd still be criticised.

and getting to know the players is very important. not just there capabilities with the ball but there strength of character and willingness to fight for the cause.

I sense the start of the Megson out brigade's first offensive. If Megson was involved in the substitutions, presumably he took advice from Rudkin.
Yes, this is a match we should have won but, can you imagine the pressure on the players? First impressions are vital, no one wants to make a mistake and, inevitably, everyone then does. You cannot change managers and not have a stutter.
I would rather we had different management, BUT WE DON'T. The main reason for that, I believe, is that nobody else would agree to join us. It is no use getting at Megson, get over it and let's move on.

It's not just that they were defensive - they were also the wrong players to take off. DJ was our most dangerous player by some margin and Porter was OK and did provide some width. Chambers just looked hapless and I've yet to see Kishishev add anything.

I thought Porter was poor and I've yet to see DJ justify his price.

Today was his first game, he was on the bench and took charge of the team, he just didn't pick the starting eleven.

Thanks for regurgitating that information, I'd only read it about 300 times in other places.

My question would be better put for the pedants as 'Considering Megson did not select the team, will this go down in the LCFC history books as having not won his first game, like all our other managers since (was it David Halliday?), or will it be considered as being the Forest game on Tuesday, as he will be picking the team for that game?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566