Quaint community of travelling lovelies in the car park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gypos in the car park

I think we should wait until one of them complains before closing the thread rather than have the PC brigade asking for it to be closed.

I think Polars comparison of paki from pakistani is extremely valid, considering the origins of "gypsy" come from a derogatory reflection of Eqyptian travellers, and consequently all who choose to do so to this day.

Be they scum or not, Gypsy and gypo are derogatory and this thread should be shut down.

biggest load of shit I have heard in ages, lets just call them thieving cnuts in caravans then....:icon_roll

I think we should wait until one of them complains before closing the thread rather than have the PC brigade asking for it to be closed.

Why am I PC brigade for opening your tiny little brain up to the fact that it is a derogatory word and it always has been?

I think Polars comparison of paki from pakistani is extremely valid, considering the origins of "gypsy" come from a derogatory reflection of Eqyptian travellers, and consequently all who choose to do so to this day.

Be they scum or not, Gypsy and gypo are derogatory and this thread should be shut down.

You are the first person to make me aware that the word Gypsy is derogatory. I genuinely do not think that people use this term in this way. I would say using the word Paki is a completely different matter though. If you don't say Gypsy what are you supposed to say? The world has gone mad!! Next you'll be telling me that I can't say blackboard or whiteboard!

You are the first person to make me aware that the word Gypsy is derogatory. I genuinely do not think that people use this term in this way. I would say using the word Paki is a completely different matter though. If you don't say Gypsy what are you supposed to say? The world has gone mad!! Next you'll be telling me that I can't say blackboard or whiteboard!

You have google. Use it.

why is intelligence being brought into this? surely BG etc can have differing opions to you without being thick mate?

biggest load of shit I have heard in ages, lets just call them thieving cnuts in caravans then....:icon_roll

I've heard you also get thieving cnuts who live in houses! Does that make me one!?

why is intelligence being brought into this? surely BG etc can have differing opions to you without being thick mate?

If you really think that gypsy or gypo have ever been anything other than derogatory, then yes, I'd come to a pretty quick conclusion that you avoided school.

walkegyptianlaieuj8.gif

If you really think that gypsy or gypo have ever been anything other than derogatory, then yes, I'd come to a pretty quick conclusion that you avoided school.

i don't think he has actually said it is not derogatory. just that he clearly isn't objecting to the word being used as he has a strong hatred towards them. hardly the same

I was going to name my first child "gypsy"!

Out of all the groups of people who could pottentially be offended by threads on this forum, i find it amazing that the scumiest and down right crininally motivated group gets such a staunch defence.

We dont want to hurt this lovely travelling communties feelings do we, we must be so careful at what upsetting words we use, they do afterall care so very dearly what the tax paying society feel when they decide to populate a certain area, they really do take into consideration the effects that their behavoir has on others.

Im a changed man, i love this quaint community of travelling lovelies. Can you buy one for personal use?

so these nice boys that you know would punch people for voicing their opinions....must be nice people then

Nope, not for voicing opinions, but for coming out with the kind of vile insults that people seem to feel free to post on here. Hey, that's your choice and right - all I'm saying is that you might want to go and try it with the travellers you seem to hate so much.

Nope, not for voicing opinions, but for coming out with the kind of vile insults that people seem to feel free to post on here. Hey, that's your choice and right - all I'm saying is that you might want to go and try it with the travellers you seem to hate so much.

i never came out with those comments. tit

you ever come home to find your house empty? your car broken into? and the OB tell you there is nothing they can do because they know who did it but cannot do anything?

and also would it not be better to teach them how to read and write rather than fight? thats says a lot about them doesn't it.

No, but my wife got mugged by a black man a couple of years back - presumably you'd find it perfectly OK for me to stereotype and generalise about black people and insult them in the way that people have about travellers on this thread?

Err, I'm not qualified to teach kids to read and write, I am qualified to teach them to box. Better I stick to what I know, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669