Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redditch questions the relevance & the needs of big finance for big time football. Fans backed the money of Milan Mandaric's takeover and now we find ourselves in League One.

By contrast, Stockport County are a Trust ran & owned club and through a successful season just gone, also compete in League One next year.

And I think you have thereby identified the crux of the matter.

We find ourselves playing in the league of Stockport County but Leicester City aspires to be much more than that - and our fan base and history and stadium justifies us aspiring to be more than a minnow.

I am fine about Stockport County being Trust ran & owned but that format is not the one that is appropriate to a club with some more serious ambitions.

At worst, the Foxes Trust comes across as wanting to see Leicester City as a small enough club for the Trust to exercise leverage. I think this is always the danger when you get an organisation like yours on the periphery of the football club.

I can envisage a scenario leading to new crisis will arise at the club in the next couple of years. No doubt if that happens the Trust will have a lot to say, but it certainly won't be in a position to provide any real solutions.

The drop in trust membership should tell you that the trust is no longer relevant to the majority of fans, your key goal (getting a seat on the board) is no longer achieveable and you weren't exactly doing a great job of achieving it when it was (you had about 3 years to raise £100,000 to get on the board and didn't).

The target set for a full board position was £500,000.

By raising the initial £100,000, we gained an Observer position at all LCFC board meetings, and title of that role underplays the contribution made, as we were asked for our opinions on many topics during the board meeting, including such items on whether the club should go over budget to sign a player.

We invested an additional £51,000 and in doing so, were only one of two shareholders who invested additional money from it's initial investment.

The "seat on the board" aim is still valid however, it maybe very unlikely while the club is owned by Milan Mandaric, but none of us know what future ownership will bring.

Also the government is looking at legislation relating to club ownership & one key proposal is that every club must have a fan representative on it's board.

Hmm
I've never really taken much notice of this thread but I was bored so had a look.Now I'm even more bored.
Can anyone who comes here regularly please answer a question for me (it may be a little naive so I apologise in advance if that's the case)

Since we are now a club entirely controlled by one man whay do we still have a trust? They can't actually do anything or influence anything so what on Earth is the point of them?
Or is it just so that the lazy fecking excuses for journalists at The Mockery & RL can have someone easily available to ring up for a quote about anything that goes on at the club?

I'd genuinely like to know.

By raising the initial £100,000, we gained an Observer position at all LCFC board meetings, and title of that role underplays the contribution made, as we were asked for our opinions on many topics during the board meeting, including such items on whether the club should go over budget to sign a player.

We invested an additional £51,000 and in doing so, were only one of two shareholders who invested additional money from it's initial investment.

The "seat on the board" aim is still valid however, it maybe very unlikely while the club is owned by Milan Mandaric, but none of us know what future ownership will bring.

Also the government is looking at legislation relating to club ownership & one key proposal is that every club must have a fan representative on it's board.

Oh great another bit of government intervention in something they have no clue about, I think Cliff G would make a better representative on the board but at least we now know what you are hanging around for.

I bet the FT are really wishing that whoever started this thread would think about the results of their actions before they carried them out.

Why doesn't this govt just mind it's own f*cking business now and again?

Spot on.

What business has Government in bringing forward legislation on issues like this.

But it helps to explain why the Foxes Trust hierarchy are clinging on with what appears to be a meaningless quango. They are after divying up the potential directorship. Like us not there will be a diffferent Government by the time that this legislation is given any time at Westminster - but I can see now what is motivating them.

I'm not one for Trust bashing and I am sure they have the good of the club at heart, but they are really starting to make themselves look quite foolish.

When they tell us their membership number perhaps they won't.

Anyway if there's a board rep up for the biggest supporters club I think the TBLCSC with it's 6 members could be in with a shout.

Last edited:
When they tell us their membership number perhaps they won't.

Anyway if there's a board rep up for the biggest supporters club I think the TBLCSC with it's 6 members could be in with a shout.
You damn fool - what the hell are you doing giving away sensitive information like that for?!

Letting the Trust know the TBLCSC only has six blokes in it could prove fatal...at least they don't know how many woman belong.

could be some priests too

You damn fool - what the hell are you doing giving away sensitive information like that for?!

Letting the Trust know the TBLCSC only has six blokes in it could prove fatal...at least they don't know how many woman belong.
How many more times? Just because you wear a dress at weekends, it doesn't mean you are a woman. :icon_roll

How many more times? Just because you wear a dress at weekends, it doesn't mean you are a woman. :icon_roll

The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.

The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.

Are you still in the market for that ponytail butt-plug?

This is what rattled me so much with the old board, they were heroes for saving the club but then after their initial influx of cash there was no further investment from the vast majority if not all of them.

That was because most of them had already blown what avaliable cash they had on saving the club in the first place! It would have been nice had a bunch of extremely wealthy, LCFC-mad punters been hanging around, waiting to jump in and continue piling in the cash, but that wasn't the case.

How you can be annoyed by people spending their hard earned on saving the club is beyond me. Oh, and as a side issue, how much did you put in? I assume it was a significant proportion of your overall wealth, correct? Otherwise you wouldn't be demanding it from others because that would be hypocritical, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669