Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol:

There are a host of issues that effect supporters of the club, issues that should be publically addressed in a pro-active fashion. These issues are as valid with a sole owner as they were under the idiot board we had last season.

It is crying out for strong leadership, vision and action - and until it gets it the Trust may as well give up because there are other outlets providing match reports.

I think people who think the way you do should consider getting involved with the Trust and 'make a difference'.

As far as I am concerned I don't think there is a real role for the Trust. Similarly, the Supporters Clubs (official and independent) always follow events rather than are pro-active and I can fully understand their reasons.

I don't like organisations that purport to represent and speak for supporters. Supporters are also customers and if they don't spend their money they have a direct and massive influence; if they start to hound a manager then he is usually dead in the water - so we have loads of power anyway. Just look how Milan gets all wound up by a few 'not on message' chants.

Originally Posted by Disco Bob

There are a host of issues that effect supporters of the club, issues that should be publically addressed in a pro-active fashion. These issues are as valid with a sole owner as they were under the idiot board we had last season.

It is crying out for strong leadership, vision and action - and until it gets it the Trust may as well give up because there are other outlets providing match reports.

I think people who think the way you do should consider getting involved with the Trust and 'make a difference'.

Funny I was going to say much the same to DB

what range of issues do you have?
- flavour of the pies
- price of match tickets
or what

personally I just want the "why is taking so long to get a manager & is Milan making a right balls up of it" question answered

As far as I am concerned I don't think there is a real role for the Trust. Similarly, the Supporters Clubs (official and independent) always follow events rather than are pro-active and I can fully understand their reasons.

I don't like organisations that purport to represent and speak for supporters. Supporters are also customers and if they don't spend their money they have a direct and massive influence; if they start to hound a manager then he is usually dead in the water - so we have loads of power anyway. Just look how Milan gets all wound up by a few 'not on message' chants.
I did.

You final statement is not supported by the evidence that bodies exist within society championing the views of interest groups. If there were no benefit to them they would cease to exist.

what range of issues do you have?
- flavour of the pies
- price of match tickets
or what
I'd give you a detailed reply but judging from the flippant nature of your post I doubt that you are actually interested - so I'll just suggest you go do a search of the FT LCFC forum.

Oh, is the Foxes Trust still going then?
I'd forgotten all about them.

I'm having steak & kidney pie for dinner one day this week.

I did.

You final statement is not supported by the evidence that bodies exist within society championing the views of interest groups. If there were no benefit to them they would cease to exist.

I'd give you a detailed reply but judging from the flippant nature of your post I doubt that you are actually interested - so I'll just suggest you go do a search of the FT LCFC forum.

I can't be arsed to search through all your posts, but I am actually interested, so please tell....

I did.

Interesting DB - never thought we would get into a political science debate in TB.

However, i would question whether a football crowd or even football supporters are an "interest group" within the general definition. Certainly, football crowds do act sometimes like an interest group (as distinct from just being an aggregate of people) in their organised behaviour at matches - orchestrated singing and chanting etc. However, once they have dispersed, it's difficult to see them as an organised group with specific views on what needs to be championed. That's why I have always thought that organisations like the FT are kidding themselves when they purport to represent supporters.

Interesting DB - never thought we would get into a political science debate in TB.

However, i would question whether a football crowd or even football supporters are an "interest group" within the general definition. Certainly, football crowds do act sometimes like an interest group (as distinct from just being an aggregate of people) in their organised behaviour at matches - orchestrated singing and chanting etc. However, once they have dispersed, it's difficult to see them as an organised group with specific views on what needs to be championed. That's why I have always thought that organisations like the FT are kidding themselves when they purport to represent supporters.
The very same could be said about ramblers once they take their boots off and put their feet up for a cup of tea - or motorcycle riders that like to use green lanes - or caravanners.

Football fans are not an organised group which is why they have been collectively shat on since the inception of the Premier League. Ticket prices, stadium design and provision, investment, matchday logistics, kick-off times, broadcast rights - the list goes on, issues that are debated in pubs, on phone-ins, forum notice boards and in magazines.

On a day where 200,000 people care so much about not having a say in the running of our national sport that they have bought the controlling interests club, I would say that there has never been a greater demand for collective orchestration of views in an effort to reclaim our game. And if not reclaim it, then to at least have a bigger damn say in how it moves forward.

The very same could be said about ramblers once they take their boots off and put their feet up for a cup of tea - or motorcycle riders that like to use green lanes - or caravanners.

Football fans are not an organised group which is why they have been collectively shat on since the inception of the Premier League. Ticket prices, stadium design and provision, investment, matchday logistics, kick-off times, broadcast rights - the list goes on, issues that are debated in pubs, on phone-ins, forum notice boards and in magazines.

On a day where 200,000 people care so much about not having a say in the running of our national sport that they have bought the controlling interests club, I would say that there has never been a greater demand for collective orchestration of views in an effort to reclaim our game. And if not reclaim it, then to at least have a bigger damn say in how it moves forward.

:038::038:

Tsk. I'd have said that's less football fans, more Internet nerds wanting control without responsibility. And I think it's 20,000 - less than an average crowd at the Walkers. And I count in both.

Tsk. I'd have said that's less football fans, more Internet nerds wanting control without responsibility. And I think it's 20,000 - less than an average crowd at the Walkers. And I count in both.
What's a factor of 10 between friends? :icon_redf:icon_wink

Net-nerds? Maybe, maybe not - but day to day decisions in the hands of 'fans'? It'll be blooming interesting to see how it pans out.

What's a factor of 10 between friends? :icon_redf:icon_wink

Net-nerds? Maybe, maybe not - but day to day decisions in the hands of 'fans'? It'll be blooming interesting to see how it pans out.

Interesting maybe, but don't think those who are taking part understand how it will work

And how much of each members fee is utilised in "administrative costs" of running myfootballclub & how much actually gets to the club

Still has the feel of a scam to me

Last edited:
I personally can't stand Digby, he's an absolute crawler and his input on meetings at city is minimal (take a look at any minutes of forum meetings not edited by the trust).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669