R.e.s.p.e.c.t

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at LOROS when they came round earlier in the year. OK so they had undoubtedly been told to come but they were a credit to the club, behaving with total respect to their surroundings and they did make some ill people very happy as I suspect they would have done with the children.

It's not always easy handling situations with ill people and some of these players are still young and they did it very well.

I don't doubt it for a moment.
That said, it's still all just a photo opportunity and media event, they aren't there for any altruistic reason, nor does anybody come out of any of it with any respect, and why should they?

It's all very well, but what the **** has any of this got to do with Aretha Franklin?

Maybe they are visiting her in hospital. Shw was recently diagnosed with pacreatic cancer. :102:

They are probably visitng Otis Redding's grave as well.

Last edited:
You've got this idea in my head now of a musical cross between Otis Blue and Filbert Street Blues.

I can just hear the monotonous Leicester team of "he's the tank, he's the tank, Graham Cross, he is the daddy" covering Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World." :icon_lol:

Last edited:
:038: Top post Kane
You must have seen some crap posts. Have you been reading old threads involving Innocent or jas123?
You've got this idea in my head now of a musical cross between Otis Blue and Filbert Street Blues.

I can just hear the monotonous Leicester team of "he's the tank, he's the tank, Graham Cross, he is the daddy" covering Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World." :icon_lol:
That's a horrible thought.

Or The current squad thinking about recent times by reworking that Otis classic 'Shittin' On The Back Of Milan's Car'

I doubt there's a professional football club in the country where the players don't visit children in hospital at xmas.

I hope it's the sort of thing they do all year round and we don't get to hear about it, rather than a good photo opportunity once a year.

Spot on. Still, it's more than some on here have done. Feck's sake, do you really think the LCFC squad decided to get up one day and do this?
The club is serving the community, as it should! If your employer asked you to do that then you would, surely?

It's Christmas time BM, give the kid a break :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Top quoting Cate:038:

D'oh.... Top editing.

Last edited:
There must be a joke regarding Sven and "Ole Man Trouble" in there somewhere.

I doubt there's a professional football club in the country where the players don't visit children in hospital at xmas.

I hope it's the sort of thing they do all year round and we don't get to hear about it, rather than a good photo opportunity once a year.

read all the thread its more about the owners going

Seriously Cate? :icon_lol:

Well said Jeff, they go once a year and I bet they are told to go, I would have more respect if they did it a few more times in the remaining 51 weeks.

your clueless the players do lots of charity work , more than most on here i bet, just because they are footballers doesn't meen they have to do this kind of thing, how many of you lot do charity work ,
i do im a firefighter and do lots each and every year , next?

Look, it's great that the players and staff go and spread cheer; but for me it is the least they should do whilst earning what they do to do what they do.

I have more respect for those who spread cheer on their own time and resource personally.

Look, it's great that the players and staff go and spread cheer; but for me it is the least they should do whilst earning what they do to do what they do.

I have more respect for those who spread cheer on their own time and resource personally.

Agreed and I like the old Muslim/Jewish tradition of doing good work and not letting anyone acknowledge the fact by keeping that work as quite as possible. :icon_wink

Oh, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669