Rab

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
I've heard from other sources that Henderson 'flaps' at crosses but in the end we are only a Championship side and if our Keeper was that good then he wouldn't be playing in the Championship.

But what do we have to lose in trying him for a game.And lets just see him flapping at crosses

Hazzman said:
I got worried at the penalty, I thought Douglas off and we have no keeper on the bench. I wonder who would go in goal? Kisborno? Gerrbrand?

Maybe that would of been a blessing in disguise lol....anyone is better than Rab lol

tsmiggy said:
But what do we have to lose in trying him for a game.And lets just see him flapping at crosses

I don't know I'm fed up of discussing it:102: :102: ;)

highland fox said:
Fair enough;) but I think we have bigger problems than our Keeper

True, but i really feel like if we're gonna win games (Like 2nite) 1-0, 2-1 etc. then we need a few 1/2 decent saves frm the golie frm time 2 time, Henderson has already done it (Cardiff, Cup 1-0) won us the game

Has BigRab had 1 of those games yet???...

Hazzman said:
I got worried at the penalty, I thought Douglas off
There was someone back covering the goal so it was only going to be a yellow. I wonder what the score would have been if Rab had left him...
(and to be fair RD did just get his fingers to the ball...)

I have to agree with the OP. I have seen 2 games this season and rab was poor in both, comments from friends attending games also back my opinion up alongside verdicts of celtic fan's.

He makes the defense nervous and makes us weak on crosses, and having a poor goalkeeper has a big affect on a team as having a bad striker it is probably the 2nd most important position on the pitch. Personally I thought for the penalty rab was lucky to be not be sent off as he made no contact with the ball. I hope spurs cup draw gives us some sort of money for a acquisition come january and that should be a keeper as craig clearly feels henderson isnt up to the task. Why oh why we got rid of walker, he was on more say then dublin (who didnt exactly do much to stop the 2nd goal) and wilcox put together?

Your just plain wrong. Rab is as good as we could possiably get.

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB!

WE WILL NOT SIGN BIG NAMES

WE WONT BE COMPETEING WITH MAN U FOR PLAYERS

Get Over It!

Rab is perfectly fine for this leauge, the one thing we dont need is a load of arm chairs calling for him to be dropped. I'd rather you slung you hook than him!

THE LEICESTER!

we are not a big club, probably true, but i reckon we can still do better than Rab Douglas, before we signed him, I thought, yeah, great, he's played in the Champions League, UEFA cup, he seemed pretty good from what I heard, but having actually watched him play, he has disappointed on most occasions. We are not a big club but I think we can still lure someone better than Rab.

IMO Douglas is ok and probably good enough for the championship but I do believe that he is liable to making costly mistakes. As a shot stopper he is very good but it his the decision making which is very poor. Because of his size he is quite slow and cumbersome and so even a 60-40 in his favour he often loses out on, hence the large number of penalties / free kicks he has conceeded and he has been booked on a number of occasions this season.

He was a little unfortunate with last nights decision but if Henderson had been in goal, as he is more athletic and agile, he would have reached that ball long before Banghora. It is happening too often and also for someone of his size he doesnt command his area and his distribution is shocking, so I think he needs to be taken out of the side and work on his game.

For me Henderson, who is poor on crosses, but on all other attributes is the far better option, as soon as he is back fit, I would give him a decent run.

Last edited:
I will never be happy until Rab is replaced, a decent keeper would have got a hand to that ball and avoided giving away a needless penalty!

All this crap about walker commanding his goal and comming out for corners and crosses what tosh walker was as bad as Rab for sitting on his line and doing nothing. Some people have a very short memory

Fox Fan said:

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB!

Get Over It!

Rab is perfectly fine for this leauge, the one thing we dont need is a load of arm chairs calling for him to be dropped. I'd rather you slung you hook than him!

THE LEICESTER!

I dont expect us to sign schmeichal but I want a championship standard keeper, whats unreasonable about that.

step said:
All this crap about walker commanding his goal and comming out for corners and crosses what tosh walker was as bad as Rab for sitting on his line and doing nothing. Some people have a very short memory

In the championship? I remember him excelling last time in this league.

Fox Fan said:

WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB!

Get Over It!

THE LEICESTER!

How many times have we heard Levein comment on the the oppositions goalkeepers..... How they have had outstanding matches against us.I doubt the opposition ever thinks the same about ours.

dpjfox said:
I will never be happy until Rab is replaced, a decent keeper would have got a hand to that ball and avoided giving away a needless penalty!

He did get his hand to the ball.

highland fox said:
He did get his hand to the ball.

Never a penalty. Get video refs in and soon. I am sick and tired of hearing people say it evens itself out. Maybe so, but what if it "evens" itself out in situations that are not so critical and the ones that go against us cost us big time.
The game was held up for 3 mins yesterday and the twat ref added only 2 mins on. Where did the other minute go? In that time they could have looked at the situation loads of times to come upwith the right answer

Boy Genius said:
Never a penalty. Get video refs in and soon. I am sick and tired of hearing people say it evens itself out. Maybe so, but what if it "evens" itself out in situations that are not so critical and the ones that go against us cost us big time.
The game was held up for 3 mins yesterday and the twat ref added only 2 mins on. Where did the other minute go? In that time they could have looked at the situation loads of times to come upwith the right answer

Time keeping is absolutely hopeless at games. They should bring in a large electronic clock that is connected to the refs watch so everyone can see just when they decide to stop the watch. I reckon that most games only have about 80 minutes with the ball in play and we pay to see a 90 minute game, so let's sue 'em!

Ox Fox said:
Time keeping is absolutely hopeless at games. They should bring in a large electronic clock that is connected to the refs watch so everyone can see just when they decide to stop the watch. I reckon that most games only have about 80 minutes with the ball in play and we pay to see a 90 minute game, so let's sue 'em!

Doubt it's anwhere near that TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670