Racist Chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Just been on the radio about racist chanting at Forest v Leicester. Posted on you tube now removed
and reported as a hate crime. I assume that was the Forest fans commenting on our multi racial
diversity ?

Just been on the radio about racist chanting at Forest v Leicester. Posted on you tube now removed
and reported as a hate crime. I assume that was the Forest fans commenting on our multi racial
diversity ?

I've seen the video taken from a side stand, with the fans chanting 'you used to be english' to the other supporters away to their right. I'm not entirely sure whether its City or Forest fans doing the chanting though.

I guess someone that went will know.

Jesus H Christ, are you lot so thin skinned that you go all girly and run to the PC brigade yelling how hard done to you are by nasty strangers calling you names.

Toughen up people, it's a big bad wide world out there, and as for that soppy twat at Anfield crying to the ref because some scouse twat was calling him names, how about getting involved in the game so the shouts were simply background clutter.

Jesus H Christ, are you lot so thin skinned that you go all girly and run to the PC brigade yelling how hard done to you are by nasty strangers calling you names.

Toughen up people, it's a big bad wide world out there, and as for that soppy twat at Anfield crying to the ref because some scouse twat was calling him names, how about getting involved in the game so the shouts were simply background clutter.

Oh dear.

So Racism is ok in your book then?

So Racism is ok in your book then?
Absolutely not, I am simply old enough and have sufficient sense to be able to segregate harmless - yes harmless, football banter from racism.

Ever, be honest, ever ever mocked anyone at a football match in the name of banter ??

Get off the bandwagon, who on here was honestly upset by:

"You're not English anymore?"

"Small town in baghdad"

I agree that in this instance the chants are inoffensive to me. I would be interested if anyone is actually offended by the two statements above.

Completely different. We don't know what was said, and what was said was clear racism from all accounts.

And I'm sure that you've had plenty of experience of ignoring 40,000 shouting abuse at you?

"Small town in baghdad"

I agree, it wasn't offensive to me, but it may have been to some. Even if it wasn't, it is still racist and should be dealt with as such.

"Small town in baghdad"

I agree, it wasn't offensive to me, but it may have been to some. Even if it wasn't, it is still racist and should be dealt with as such. As should the fecking cnuts in our end singing "Brian Clough is ****ing dead", though I'm not sure what law it breaks. They should probably just get a good shoeing for being cnuts.

I agree, it wasn't offensive to me, but it may have been to some. Even if it wasn't, it is still racist and should be dealt with as such.

It is racist to the extent that the intent was probably to offend, and it is derived from racial backgrounds, but how on earth do you prosecute over something so mild? It's no more offensive than Welsh-baiting, or the things that are said to Derby fans, etc.

It is racist to the extent that the intent was probably to offend, and it is derived from racial backgrounds, but how on earth do you prosecute over something so mild? It's no more offensive than Welsh-baiting, or the things that are said to Derby fans, etc.

You can't and no doubt they won't. All you can hope for is that the people doing it realise what bell-ends they are.

Absolutely not, I am simply old enough and have sufficient sense to be able to segregate harmless - yes harmless, football banter from racism.

Ever, be honest, ever ever mocked anyone at a football match in the name of banter ??

I wasn't referring to the chants at your place, I was talking about the lad at Liverpool. So are you saying then that what the Liverpool supporter said was ok because it classes as 'harmless banter'?

Of course I have, but I have never brought any ones colour or sexual preference into it.

I wasn't referring to the chants at your place, I was talking about the lad at Liverpool. So are you saying then that what the Liverpool supporter said was ok because it classes as 'harmless banter'?
No, I was being a little flippant. If it was serious enough to cause the lad distress then it's serious enough to be arrested for. HOWEVER, don't you feel a little bit embarrassed that a full grown adult was brought to tears by a twat making rude and offensive comments....

"Small town in baghdad"

Presume you didn't see the other youtube video of your fans shouting "****ing p*&%&" at our fans outside the ground. And you haven't seen the posts on Foxestalk from one of our Sikh fans who was personally subjected to racist abuse from a group of your fans outside the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566