Radiohead Tour Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
fcukcov said:
Look Im not denying that they have been very successful. I was merely stating my own opinion.

well that's fair game then - there are probably alot of bands you like that I think are 'shite'

TornadoShaunUK said:
well that's fair game then - there are probably alot of bands you like that I think are 'shite'
As im due for a slating, i love The Beautiful South.

fcukcov said:

And I am a big fan of Limp Bizkit, I get slated good and proper for that. :icon_roll :icon_eek: :icon_cry:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
And I am a big fan of Limp Bizkit, I get slated good and proper for that. :icon_roll :icon_eek: :icon_cry:
dont mind them, wouldnt say I was a massive fan. the odd good song.

fcukcov said:
I read Paul Heatons Autobiog a while ago. Good read, quality band

Seriuosly though, do any of you know of any good hotels in Blackpool.

Joe_Fox said:
Seriuosly though, do any of you know of any good hotels in Blackpool.

The Big Blue is OK, right next to the Pleasure Beach and the Big Dipper went about 5 feet away from the window in the room I was in.

At the other end of the town is the Grand Metropole which does a very nice breakfast, well the last time I was there it was.

Other than that you just have to stick a pin in the list of guest houses and B&B's and hope for the best, as they are much of a muchness and price depends on location as much as quality.

Ox Fox said:
The Big Blue is OK, right next to the Pleasure Beach and the Big Dipper went about 5 feet away from the window in the room I was in.

At the other end of the town is the Grand Metropole which does a very nice breakfast, well the last time I was there it was.

Other than that you just have to stick a pin in the list of guest houses and B&B's and hope for the best, as they are much of a muchness and price depends on location as much as quality.

Cheers oxo, it is a nightmare - there aint much point in looking too hard is there?

I did find this though - Barrie Roberts, ex LCFC exec chef - :icon_lol: :icon_lol: http://www.lancasterhousehotel.co.uk/

Last edited:
TornadoShaunUK said:
LoL.. yes that's a good one.. oh you were serious? sorry about that.. all the awards they have won in the past would tend to disagree with you and multi-platinum album sales speaks for itself I guess.

As far as the live thing goes I'd disagree, it's nice when they do acoustic versions of some songs like they have been doing on this tour. But also, JBJ has a far weaker voice nowadays it would seem, which is understandable I guess. Also one thing you won't get while listening to a cd is the atmosphere, and this is true with any decent live band. I'm not sure what music you are into but a band like Oasis would be another good example of that.
Oasis have consistantly been voted one of the best live acts around, while Bon Jovi are just too polished and might aswell be miming-living on a prayer at live 8 being a prime example

dont get me wrong tho bon jovi are great! just shit live.

Joe_Fox said:
Cheers oxo, it is a nightmare - there aint much point in looking too hard is there?

I did find this though - Barrie Roberts, ex LCFC exec chef - :icon_lol: :icon_lol: http://www.lancasterhousehotel.co.uk/

The company I used to work for was based in Lancaster and I stayed there a lot.....BUT....

1. Its miles from Blackpool
2. It's up its own a**e in terms of ambience and not good for dirty weekend with the mrs imo..

Last edited:
drummindefender said:
Oasis have consistantly been voted one of the best live acts around, while Bon Jovi are just too polished and might aswell be miming-living on a prayer at live 8 being a prime example

dont get me wrong tho bon jovi are great! just shit live.

dude - they were shit at Live 8 - as were most bands (other than Def Leppard IMO) but that's not really proper live is it.. have you ever been to one of Bon Jovi's proper tour concerts? take my advice and go to one this year. They're older music is cracking for creating an atmosphere and it doesn't dissappoint.

Also I was reading some magazine once where they had been rated in the top 3 live acts alongside Iron Maiden and U2. I think this was in classic rock magazine.

Melton Fox said:
I read Paul Heatons Autobiog a while ago. Good read, quality band
Any idea where i can get a copy of his auto from. Cant find it on Amazon or ebay. Do you have a copy you fancy selling on?

Is it called 'Welcome to the Beautiful Songbook?'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673