Rafa Slates Fergie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any manager and team and crowd for that matter will seek to gain any advantage they can by pressurising officials.

There is a pattern that the 'top teams' will get a measure of deference from officials especially in home games - it happens in football and in other sports down to local league levels. Always has, always will. How many penalty calls has the Anfield Kop influenced?

I thought Rafa played into Fergie's hands - and if anything it demonstrated his (Rafa's) insecurities.

The premiership race is a cartel amongst 4 clubs - although the Villa are trying hard to break in with Arsenal's spending constraints representing some sort of vulnerability.

Man Utd are the price they are because of the weight of money that went on them at the start of the season,most bookmakers don't want any more money for Man Utd so they are a shorter price than they actually should be.I would guess that there hasn't been that much money for liverpool so bookmakers are offering them at a decent price in order to balance their books.

I don't agree with that.
Imo the odds perfectly reflect the chances of the two teams winning the title. I don't think Man U are short priced, they have the experience, the players, and crucially all their remaining key games at home.
Liverpool could still do it, but i feel that they have missed some good opportunities to put Man U under real pressure. I don't see Man U letting them off the hook.

I don't agree with that.
Imo the odds perfectly reflect the chances of the two teams winning the title. I don't think Man U are short priced, they have the experience, the players, and crucially all their remaining key games at home.
Liverpool could still do it, but i feel that they have missed some good opportunities to put Man U under real pressure. I don't see Man U letting them off the hook.

Well having worked in the Betting Industry for over 15 years I think I may have a bit of an idea of what I'm talking about but nevermind:102:

Well having worked in the Betting Industry for over 15 years I think I may have a bit of an idea of what I'm talking about but nevermind:102:

Not saying you don't.

Its only my opinion, and i believe the odds are very close to what i'd expect given the circumstances.

I think it's a last chance saloon time to get some money on Man U. Once they go top of the league the odds are going to become absurdly short.

I don't like the idea but it's looking like they have a very definite edge over the other contenders. I'm not at all sure that Rafa is enough of a winner to take the Premiership; Big Phil doesn't seem to have moved Chelsea forward at all and I think we can definitely count out Arsenal & the Villa.

I think they will sneak it. And again it is not so much down to their good form, though it has been better this season, but more of Arsenal's poor form.

Villa may get a couple of players in but I think Arsenal are more desperate for new faces.

I've got a bet with a mate about Villa finishing above Arsenal that we had at the start of the season.

I also get quite a few freebies to Arsenal and they are down to the bare bones at the minute. They are missing Fabregas a bit but mainly Walcott. Having to play Eboue at right mid is no good. In the last two games it has been Vela coming on out wide which has given them the ability to break down 2 teams that have gone out 100% for a 0-0.

Villa may pick up injuries, hasn't Barry got a niggly injury they are delaying surgery on? Arsenal have Fabregas, Walcott, Eduardo (who they really need because Adebayor is stinking the place out at the minute) and Rosicky to come back so if they are in touching distance to Villa by the time 2 of those 4 come back plus Arshavin and maybe a more defensive central player I think they'll nick it.

Plus the last 3 leagure results have all been flattering to Villa. It'll be close though, MON has a good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669