Random News Article Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-20920848

A cat has been detained in the grounds of a jail in Brazil with contraband goods for prisoners strapped to its body with tape.

The white cat was apprehended crossing the main prison gate.

The incident took place at a jail in Arapiraca city, 250km (155 miles) south-west of Recife in Alagoas state.

The confiscated items included drill bits, files, a mobile phone and charger, plus earphones The cat was taken to a local animal centre.

A prison spokesperson was quoted by local paper Estado de S. Paulo as saying: "It's tough to find out who's responsible for the action as the cat doesn't speak."

Officials said the items could be used to effect a means of escape or for communicating with criminals on the outside.

The incident took place at New Year, but the photo has only recently been released.

"It's tough to find out who's responsible for the action as the cat doesn't speak." :icon_cool

The incident took place at New Year, but the photo has only recently been released.

As FryattFox has huge problems posting images, this is the image they're talking about:

_65092088_7qe8elov.jpg

Cleaning lady steals train and crashes it into a house in Stockholm :icon_eek:

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/tag-kraschade-in-i-bostadshus/

Google translated:

Saltsjöbanan ran at full speed - and crashed into an apartment block in Saltsjöbaden.

A female cleaners in their 20s should have gotten over the keys and drove away with the train.

- Why she did it we do not know, says Tomas Hedenius, Communications Manager at Arriva, responsible for trains Expressen.

Shortly after three o'clock in the night came Saltsjöbanan running from Neglinge maintenance. It then tracked out, and crashed straight into the kitchen to an apartment block.

In the house were five people from three different families, but no children.

- They were asleep and woke up to a bang. They are obviously very shocked but not physically injured, says Charlotte Bengtsson, police intervention leaders, Expressen.se.

The residents are now evacuated to a nearby hotel.

A person clamped

- It was one of our subcontractors cleaners, a woman in her 20s, who has somehow gotten over the keys.

How could she get them?

- There we wonder, too.

The woman sat trapped in the driver's seat and the first at half past five in the morning, after she should have been clamped in the train cab for two hours, managed to rescue dislodge her. She was taken directly to an ambulance helicopter and flown away.

- She is seriously damaged. We fly her to Karolinska, says Thomas Lennholm, healthcare leaders on the spot, to Expressen.se just before at the 06th

Present were then still police, emergency workers, railroad engineers and firefighters. Fire department's main task was earlier this morning to shore up the partially collapsed building so that it does not collapse even more than it already had.

Artist Richard Herrey lives nearby and tells Expressen that he was shocked when he heard the sudden crash, and then went out to investigate what happened.

- I shake a little, says Herrey, who was one of the first on the spot, and continues:

- There were some curious who had come out of the house next door. The police were here, the fire department was here and the helicopter had just landed. It is a little upset that a train can jump as far out and into an apartment building, said Richard Herrey.

The incident is now being investigated by police.

- Right now is the crime of devastation endangering the public, given the damage to the train and the house has been said Robert Heurgren, information officer at the police in Nacka.

"The worst I've seen"

One of the train engineers who attended and worked to seal off after the accident, was shocked by what has happened.

- This is the worst I, and everyone else, have seen. It is a person who has lost the keys to this train, he feels very bad right now and blames himself, says railway engineer.

Cleaning lady steals train and crashes it into a house in Stockholm :icon_eek:

eeeek - I travelled on this quaint old line when I was in Stockholm to watch Sven's team.

Really. It must have been on the day you went home and Chris came out because neither of you would have been interested enough to join me. The 'City end' station was near where we took the boat out to that island with the Gröna Lund funfair on it.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57