Random News Article Thread

I don't believe there was any alterior motive than the lad paying hommage to his favourite player.

Neither do I, but 'blacking up' is an old racial stereotype, and I don't think it's a sign of madness that people try to steer clear of those, I think it's a sign of progress.

Most people who say 'coloured' are not racists either (I didn't know it was considered offensive until a while back), only uneducated. We'll educate them and we'll move on.

I remember the Black and White minstrel show being prime time Saturday night viewing.
That has nothing to do with this 10 year old lad.

I don't believe there was any alterior motive than the lad paying hommage to his favourite player.

Think this country is going flipping crazy. To many frigging do gooders looking for something that isn't there!!! :(

Whilst it may not be racist, which in this case I don't believe it is, but even the most hardened BNP supporter must see that it is racially insensitive?

Whilst it may not be racist, which in this case I don't believe it is, but even the most hardened BNP supporter must see that it is racially insensitive?

When the bloke whom he admires has not taken offence, why should others?

That's my PoV as well but there are plenty of people around who are able to step in and take offence on behalf of others.

Makes you wonder about their Ulterior motives!

Because he isn't the only black guy out there? I can't see anyone getting offended anyway? Just pointing out how tasteless it is. The irony of that being in the Mail is also ridiculous.

Last edited:
Because he isn't the only black guy out there? I can't see anyone getting offended anyway? Just pointing out how tasteless it is. The irony of that being in the Mail is also ridiculous.

It's not tasteless - it's funny.

It's funny because of the over-reaction of everyone who will suck in a load of air before proclaiming how offended they aren't but they think they might know someone who might be.

It's not tasteless - it's funny.

It's funny because of the over-reaction of everyone who will suck in a load of air before proclaiming how offended they aren't but they think they might know someone who might be.

Taste, as with humour, is too subjective to say whether something is or isn't. I wasn't particularly bothered by this from a race point of view, though a parent being OK with Diouff being a hero of their kid is worrying.

I initially chastised myself for believing a photoshoped image of a blacked up Leeds kid. But smirked at the humour.

So it is true, then who cares? The Daily Mail obviously.

Last edited:
So it is true, then who cares? The Daily Mail obviously.

The Daily Mail =/= The Mail Online, they are two very different entities, and it isn't they that 'care', they're just reporting on the hysteria

So what? They're not defined by their URL. As I said, the Daily Mail =/= The Mail Online, they are two very different entities.

They both hate them there darkies, though, god bless 'em

Typical do good lot getting themselves offended on somebody else's behalf. The kid has done nothing wrong, but if it gets up the nose of the PC types then so much more the better.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57