Random News Article Thread

Do you go down to Nogales Dessie?

We were going to go down this christmas but its lot its appeal due to lack of US tourists there, we used to go to La Roca all the time.

I walked over the border (legally!) with my mum and dad in November. Even though I live only a few miles away, I hadn't been into Nogales, Sonora for about five years because if the various stories and general bad vibe. But, I'm delighted to report that is was absolutely fine. Not as busy with tourists as it used to be, but far more than I was expecting and nothing like the rumours of everything being closed and boarded up. We had a great time, I bought a load of cheap tat for my house, my dad bought some dodgy jewellery, and yes, we had an absolutely splendid meal at La Roca. Their chicken mole is second to none in my opinion.

I walked over the border (legally!) with my mum and dad in November. Even though I live only a few miles away, I hadn't been into Nogales, Sonora for about five years because if the various stories and general bad vibe. But, I'm delighted to report that is was absolutely fine. Not as busy with tourists as it used to be, but far more than I was expecting and nothing like the rumours of everything being closed and boarded up. We had a great time, I bought a load of cheap tat for my house, my dad bought some dodgy jewellery, and yes, we had an absolutely splendid meal at La Roca. Their chicken mole is second to none in my opinion.

Thats good to hear, my MIL still goes over for dental work. Maybe we'll do a trip this year.

you what?
Even though I only live a few miles away from said border crossing point into said town in northern Mexico. I suppose 'a few' is pushing it, I live 15 miles north of the border to be precise.

Oh... no... wait... your user name is... I geddit! :icon_cool

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58
10Tottenham 57