Random News Article Thread

Am I the only one who thinks people should get some perspective? Yes, whoever did this is a bellend of the highest order, but it's a 300 year old sycamore not the Notre Dame cathedral!
Ok, full disclosure. My mum is a full blown Geordie. I’m married into a very proud family of people from County Durham. I do feel this personally and have been there, so understand the emotional ties to the area. This isn’t just cutting down a tree, it’s an act of absolute twattishness and I refuse to reduce it to just a mindless act. I genuinely feel it’s reflective of a complete and utter disregard for our heritage as a country and symptomatic of our apathy towards things that should be important to us.

Rant over.

Ok, full disclosure. My mum is a full blown Geordie. I’m married into a very proud family of people from County Durham. I do feel this personally and have been there, so understand the emotional ties to the area. This isn’t just cutting down a tree, it’s an act of absolute twattishness and I refuse to reduce it to just a mindless act. I genuinely feel it’s reflective of a complete and utter disregard for our heritage as a country and symptomatic of our apathy towards things that should be important to us.

Rant over.
Good rant though, you’ve clearly branched out.

Rant over.

Yep, very strong feelings from most i know. What is telling though is the level of vitriol appears to be different towards the person in the 60s to the 16 year old. Strange times. Loads were already at the vinegar strokes when it was just a 16 year old being arrested.

Not a patch on the bollocks that showed up on my facebook feed the other day. Some moronic yanks with a photo of the Hamas gliders & written underneath it " This is why you need an AR-15 "

Yeah. Because an aerial terrorist assault on Milwaukee is a distinct possibility.

****ing hell.
They seem to live for the possibility that one day someone will **** them or their property and they’ll get to splatter them with an assault rifle, no questions asked. It’s just ****ing mental.

They seem to live for the possibility that one day someone will **** them or their property and they’ll get to splatter them with an assault rifle, no questions asked. It’s just ****ing mental.
My wife and I have spoken about this exact scenario, there are certain people over here who are just itching to have an excuse to shoot someone.

Not a patch on the bollocks that showed up on my facebook feed the other day. Some moronic yanks with a photo of the Hamas gliders & written underneath it " This is why you need an AR-15 "

Well, that didn't work out too well in Israel where I would say that there are a lot of heavily armed "civilians" walking around.

Well, that didn't work out too well in Israel where I would say that there are a lot of heavily armed "civilians" walking around.
Precisely. Israel is a militarised nation & has been for over 70 years. No such thing as civilians in a place where everyone does military service & kids are taught weapons drill at school after double maths.

They even invented the Uzi FFS. Designed to be recoiless specifically so that it can be used by a child.

If you didn't already know who the " mother country " was, you'd be able to hazard a pretty good guess.

I don’t know where else to put this, but what the **** are these :icon lol: :icon lol:

The accessories are tremendous :icon lol:
I want to hear Le Tissier cut a promo, he’ll make Scott Steiner‘s attempts at maths sound like a Stephen Hawking lecture

This is the sort of shit I was talking about, not the right to be a racist ****.

Welcome to the Conservative Autocratic Kingdom
45 years ago, when I first developed a political mind, this current government would absolutely have been seen as extremists. The idea that this bunch of corporate glove puppet incompetents & bland middle managers somehow represent the normal process of government is ****ing insane.

Every institution in this crumbling wreck of a country ****ing NEEDS to be undermined.

But of course it won't be. Labour under Starmer will be 0.5% better & thats yer lot. Keep business happy, don't rock the boat etc etc ad infi ****ing nitum.

& to round it all off...loads of people won't even give a shit because " doesn't apply to me or people like me , so I don't care "

Yeah.

Read a ****ing history book sometime. It doesn't apply to you. Until it does.

Too ****ing late then.

45 years ago, when I first developed a political mind, this current government would absolutely have been seen as extremists. The idea that this bunch of corporate glove puppet incompetents & bland middle managers somehow represent the normal process of government is ****ing insane.

Every institution in this crumbling wreck of a country ****ing NEEDS to be undermined.

But of course it won't be. Labour under Starmer will be 0.5% better & thats yer lot. Keep business happy, don't rock the boat etc etc ad infi ****ing nitum.

& to round it all off...loads of people won't even give a shit because " doesn't apply to me or people like me , so I don't care "

Yeah.

Read a ****ing history book sometime. It doesn't apply to you. Until it does.

Too ****ing late then.
Read the poem First They Came by Martin Niemoller.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663