Random News Article Thread

No wonder I can't score at the moment....

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/241431

You are not trying hard enough. :icon_wink

Officials said that since October 2007, the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector has seized more than 520,000 pounds of marijuana. Dog units have been responsible for one-fourth of the seizures.

I guarantee that means (if the British figures are a guide) about 5.2 million pounds was smuggled in. :icon_wink

I can usually get the outdoor Mexican stuff cheaper, to be honest, more like $40/oz (20 quid! Yes!). It's even more of a bargain when you consider that it's actually pretty good weed. The skunk, on the other hand, is much more expensive and similar in price to the UK, but it's too strong for me to function on a daily basis, so I tend to stick to the "commercial Mexican" and get the skunk out at weekends.

Not that I take drugs, of course. :018: I just said all that to make myself sound big and clever.... :icon_bigg

You are not trying hard enough. :icon_wink
I've got some stashed away for a rainy... well, hot and dry day here in the desert... :icon_wink

I guarantee that means (if the British figures are a guide) about 5.2 million pounds was smuggled in. :icon_wink
There must be stacks coming through this area. It's a well-known smuggling route not only for human traffic, but particularly drugs and guns as well. I was down near the border last weekend in a very remote and very beautiful canyon, and when we arrived we could hear voices below which abruptly stopped and disappeared into thin air as soon as we emerged over the brow of the hill.

Got flagged down twice by "dodgy-looking Mexicans" after dark as well, but we followed the guidelines and put the pedal to the metal instead of stopping to help/get robbed...

Very interesting place to live, this is...

Anyone who falls off the sofa while watching have I got news for you has a mental defeciency. The programme is fun but not that funny and hasn't been for a number of years.

I have zero sympathy for him.

Whatever led to that situation is irrelevant. If a Rozzer asks you to cooperate, you cooperate.

So the cost of the prosecution was worth it? :102:

I agree he shouldn't have gotten agressive but why should a person who has done nothing give his details up?

... and I bet the woman downstairs didn't bother to find out was going on and probably called 999 as well. :102:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663