Rangers to go into Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for Celtic it won't!

If you look at any great sports team/player it is beating their closest rival that makes winning extra special. How exciting is the SPL going to be when Celtic are 30pts clear by Christmas?

If you look at any great sports team/player it is beating their closest rival that makes winning extra special. How exciting is the SPL going to be when Celtic are 30pts clear by Christmas?
They won't give a toss. Excitement? They'll be happy to win it and enjoy their rivals being in the Scottish version of the Blue Square Premier.

I think Celtic will be one of the few to support Rangers.

I'd assume that most of the money comes from the Old Firm rivalry. Don't they have joint sponsorship agreements? Plus if they're running away with it all the time, TV interest will be lower and probably lead to lower revenues.

I'd guess that it's better for most of the other SPL clubs than it is for Celtic.

I think Celtic will be one of the few to support Rangers.

I'd assume that most of the money comes from the Old Firm rivalry. Don't they have joint sponsorship agreements? Plus if they're running away with it all the time, TV interest will be lower and probably lead to lower revenues.

I'd guess that it's better for most of the other SPL clubs than it is for Celtic.

Agreed. You'd imagine all the others will be glad to see the back of them for a while though.

It will give some other clubs a chance at some money from europe, so it might make them more competetive.

Ally McCoist mulls rebuilding from Division Three

On the economic debate McCoist added: "It's the first time I have heard anyone from the SFA speak about the game in a financial sense but then we have the argument that is the financial aspect more important than the massive aspect of integrity and honesty of the Scottish game?
"They might want to put us in SFL1 with more sanctions - I don't know if that is the case.
"We have a transfer embargo hanging over us but how can I operate with a transfer embargo when I only have six players? It's impossible and it's just madness.
"I have in the region of six first team players at pre-season training right now, two of whom were regulars last season in the SPL.
"We need to bring in the region of 10, 12 or even 14 players. I reckon since January we have lost close to 21 players.

Last edited:
Rangers will play in Scottish div 3 next season.

I feel for the little teams who are going to have to put up with their fans.

Wow official? I did not expect this. I'm thinking serious repercussions to be expected.

why should they be a special case? was there a big out cry when Gretna went to the wall

sky will prob start to show SFL games

How many people subscribed to Sky so they could watch Gretna?

People have moaned for ages about the Glasgow clubs having a monopoly and then want Rangers to be given special treatment for the good of Scottish football? Surely, this way, 2 teams other than Celtic will get a run at European money and it might even it out a bit.

I'm truely shocked I expected the evil feckers to get away with it. Watch Scottish football implode.

as it stands at least Rangers will get two trips to Hampden this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670