Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we change the manager, Vardy, Drinkwater and Fuchs become happier players for whatever reason and put in shifts that win us 10 out of the last 14 games. DD is pinging long passes to feet left, right and centre once more and Vardy scores 10 in 10. We finish in a decent position having had a pretty good CL run and you and Matt would still be furious with them, demanding their immediate sale? I think that may be the anger speaking.

Their 'treachery' would be forgotten quicker than the memory of Momo Sylla.

I'm not an advocate for changing the manager at this moment but if the owners happened to choose this option and, in turn, it kick started the season ensuring our survival, I'm pretty sure the anger and feelings of acrimony towards the players that had delivered another season of PL football would dissipate rather quickly.

But that's not going to happen is it? So we'd just be firing a great man for nothing.

I totally understand, I really do and I can absolutely see why you feel as you do. I just don't think it's a linear as it seems. I genuinely didn't see a huge lack of effort from DD or Vardy today until the game was lost at 3-0 and the whole team ground to a halt. I did see a massive lack of quality in some of our players however, which is perhaps much more worrying. I'm not suggesting they've put in the effort all season and have been unlucky; they haven't. There have been games where the lack of effort has been more apparent but today was not one of those. We weren't really any good, but I don't think they could be accused of not playing for the manager today. I don't know what the hell the answer is but I think that a loss against Swansea sees Ranieri depart.

Yeah. No complaints about those players today. Other games have shown their attitude though. Football is fickle and I can get people accepting a turnaround if (a ****ing massive if) it happens. For me it's scraping some dignity at the end of their stint here. They've shat on memories of last year unfortunately.

I think that it is too late for anyone to save us from relegation, but if we were to make the change now, the new man could at least get his feet under the table and have a fair idea of what changes will be needed/enforced for the Championship.

Sorry have we played 24, or 34 games?

I personally think Ranieri and the team will turn this around and believe that the boss should be given the chance to prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry have we played 24, or 34 games?

I personally think Ranieri and the team will turn this around and believe that the boss should be given the chance to prove it.

What have you seen that gives you that faith?

He is not the common denominator here Durham.

A new manager is no guarantee of success.

We can turn this round.

Agree other than the last bit. We may scrape staying up, it'll be impressive if we do though. I don't think we should risk losing a great manager for picky shitcunts though.

Agree other than the last bit. We may scrape staying up, it'll be impressive if we do though. I don't think we should risk losing a great manager for picky shitcunts though.
Well Fitz, we need to believe it or what is the point? Last season we thought it probably impossible until Man City away, then I think even the most negative/glass half empty fan began to dream.

We aren't in the bottom three and marooned are we?

We have been shocking this season, maybe a win in the FA Cup will give us impetus, maybe the CL, the premier league isn't painting by numbers, it twists and turns when least expected.

Hull have been written off selling the family silver and yet how did they win away at Anfueld this very weekend, last season Spurs were matching us blow for blow until about three games to go - what happened to them?

The script is never followed and I firmly believe we will turn this round.

Reactions: FIF
But that's not going to happen is it? So we'd just be firing a great man for nothing.
Once again, you've only read a snippet of the original post before you attempt a reply. If you read it again, I am very clear that I am not in favour of sacking the manager. I was making a point about how the feelings of most fans towards the players at present would more than likely turn on a sixpence IF Ranieri were to leave and IF we had some instant success. It was merely an example, albeit a rather far-fetched one, rather than a prediction. Just read things properly for goodness sake; it really isn't difficult.

I've never felt this way about a set of players before. Everything about their performance today tells me that they don't give a shit. I don't really like a single one of them. And they won the league last season, for ****'s sake.

I was sat at the ground today feeling nothing but disgust for them. I simply cannot support them. I hope at some point they start playing for the sake of their own pride and keep us up. If they do so I want them to pack their bags and **** off as soon as the final whistle goes on the final day. They can stick their lap of honour this time around.

Even when we were spending years flirting with, and eventually succumbing to, relegation from the second tier I never actively disliked the blokes on the pitch. I knew they were shit but that was hardly their fault. These ****ers are poisonous.

Carragher had it right post-match. Ranieri deserves a statue and we should be getting rid of the wankers on the pitch before we consider removing the manager. I'm furious with them. I spend hundreds of pounds a year supporting this football club and there are blokes who earn that in minutes pretty much laughing in my face. ****s.

Once again, you've only read a snippet of the original post before you attempt a reply. If you read it again, I am very clear that I am not in favour of sacking the manager. I was making a point about how the feelings of most fans towards the players at present would more than likely turn on a sixpence IF Ranieri were to leave and we had some instant success. It was merely an example, albeit a rather far-fetched one, rather than a prediction. Just read things properly for goodness sake; it really isn't difficult.
I think if Ranieri went and suddenly we began to perform a lot of fans would still be disgusted with the players forcing the issue.

Well, at least me anyway.

What have you seen that gives you that faith?

A look at the table will tell you that our destiny is still in our own hands.

We won the league under Ranieri. I'm struggling to believe that he has lost the dressing room and instead prefer to believe they will do all in their power to keep us up and protect both theirs' and Ranieri's reputations.

And yes, if we can't believe in miracles now, when the hell can we!?

Beggars belief, no. It was always on the cards that we'd not match last season. But we ought be doing better than this.

That is part of what sets this situation apart from the Pearson run in. I felt we should stick with Pearson then but now relegation would be a colossal underachievement after last season. The words coming from Ranieri are all wrong too. "The fairytale is over, now is the reality". Are these the words I want to hear from the manager of my forward thinking, ambitious club. Meticulous in their scouting and at the cutting edge of sports science and technology? **** no..

It's on the players too but it's also down to Ranieri to teach and inspire them and give them belief. It's baffling. Complete turn around from last season in so many ways.

Whatever has gone on in the background, it is clear no matter how many "clear the air" discussions happen, this crowd of charlatans will not start to produce until they have seen the back of arguably the greatest manager in our history. Whilst it is terribly sad, there really is no other option than to pull the trigger and bring somebody in who will fire a fecking rocket into these twats.

If we survive will I cheer them, no will I feck, truth is these dickheads have tarnished all that was good with last season, but for the sake of us supporters and the owners I would rather we start the new season in the prem and clear the majority of them out in the summer. Ranieri will always be a hero for what he achieved last season but needs putting out of his misery now for the long term good of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669