Post Match Reading 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty James looks like he's out for the rest of the season.

That's the opposite of what NP said. He has a knee problem and there were fears about it ending his season but the scan hasn't showed anything significant so he's likely to be involved again.

On the game itself, yawn.

Tonight ought to be remembered for one thing of genuine significance. This match saw us break a club record as we've now gone eleven matches unbeaten away from home for the first time.

Pile of steaming dog turds.But a point away against a decent side & a point closer to the title.Fair enough.

Wow, just wow.

We absolutely dominated them for the entire 2nd half. Drink had a great game and we would have more than deserved the win if we had got the 2nd goal.

I think some people have become far too comfortable over the last few months.

at one point we had over 70% possession against a team chasing the playoffs.

I think we have been spoilt if that is the reaction.

Wow, just wow.

We absolutely dominated them for the entire 2nd half. Drink had a great game and we would have more than deserved the win if we had got the 2nd goal.

Yep!

Oh he went tonight as he had to put £x for petrol to get there and he expects better for his money.:icon_eek:

He should buy a more fuel efficient car.

Wow, just wow.

this

I've been saying as much for weeks. There are people at home matches who moan if we go in at half time with anything less than a two goal league. I didn't take them long to forget just how shit we have been for most of the last ten years. Next year, when we're losing regularly, will be a ****ing nightmare.

Would have taken a point before the match and at the start of the season. Especially as we looked reasonably comfortable throughout.

One more match towards the title and next season.

Wow, just wow.

I'm not saying we were poor, but my god, it was certainly a boring game. If I were a neutral I'd have switched over, it was almost as bad as the Chelsea vs Swansea game yeaterday.

Thought Mahrez put in his best performance for us tonight. Wayne Bridge hasn't been that embarrassed since John Terry popped over for an afternoon romp

He hasn't watched any of them. Put money on it

Bet he's got a ticket for the Donny game, though
Sod that! I will only go and watch when we are Premiere Ligue!

Wow, just wow.

I agree. I'll retract my 'poop'.

Wow, just wow.

Hooray

Wow, just wow.

A bit of sense. I thought we were dominant in the second half and a goal to us would not have been unwarranted. If Mahrez can keep playing like that he could be something special for us. A draw away at one of the pre-season favourites is not the biggest disaster in the world. For what it's worth I think we'll turn over QPR on Saturday.

Last edited:
A bit of sense. I thought we were dominant in the second half and a goal to us would not have been unwarranted. If Mahrez can keep playing like that he could be something special for us. A draw away at one of the pre-season favourites is not the biggest disaster in the world. For what it's worth I think we'll turn over QPR on Saturday.

Agreed on Mahrez, he really is a joy to watch and he has adapted to English football in a very short period of time.

It's exciting that we actually have a player like him to watch week in week out.

I have a horrible feeling from attending recent matches that next season has the possibility to turn into a massive 'in fight' yet again.

There are people out there who desperately want to moan, it's like they are happiest when we do something wrong. This is not directed at anyone on this thread, just an observation from games and last night at the pub.

I don't know whether it's something to look forward to or not.

There are those whose glass is always half empty. If we won the Premier League and Champions League in the same season they would still bemoan losing out in the final of the FA Cup!

We will do well in the Premier League, our target should be top half and I honestly think that with a couple of additions to the starting 11 we can finish mid table.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow.

I applaud this post. Echoes my sentiments entirely about some of the comments on this thread. I'm already dreading the whinging about next season when we will probably be worrying about relegation for most of the season. I'll give it until September before the first calls for Nigel to be sacked due to the fact we aren't winning every game.

At this point, I will take survival on the last day with a 0-0 draw against the bottom club and that will be a successful season. Anything more is a bonus.

Remember where we have come from.

Complaints?

Jesus. I worry for the future of humanity. I just hope some of you don't propagate your miserable genes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566