Reading Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-4-2

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/sport...nd_were_bigger_and_better_than_leicester_city

Bertrand: We're bigger and better than Leicester City

Ryan Bertrand has lit the touchpaper ahead of Monday night’s clash against Leicester City by insisting Reading are a bigger club and better club.

Although Royals have not won a Championship game in nine months at Madejski Stadium, the 19-year-old left back insists that they should still be regarded as favourites to turn over eighth-placed Leicester (live on Sky Sports 1, 8pm kick-off).

He said: “Leicester is a big club if you go back through the history books.

“But at this moment in time the league positions are irrelevant. Reading is a better football club than Leicester.

“They say the table never lies, and I guess it doesn’t, but that just shows they’re on a better run than us at the moment.

“The fact is we’re a better football club than Leicester and we should go out there as favourites.”

Last edited:
Cracking way to open the Pre match thread.

I think he's in for a big surprise on Monday.

There is a vBookie event for this match. :icon_wink

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/sport...nd_were_bigger_and_better_than_leicester_city

Ryan Bertrand has lit the touchpaper ahead of Monday night’s clash against Leicester City by insisting Reading are a bigger club and better club.

Although Royals have not won a Championship game in nine months at Madejski Stadium, the 19-year-old left back insists that they should still be regarded as favourites to turn over eighth-placed Leicester (live on Sky Sports 1, 8pm kick-off).

He said: “Leicester is a big club if you go back through the history books.

“But at this moment in time the league positions are irrelevant. Reading is a better football club than Leicester.

“They say the table never lies, and I guess it doesn’t, but that just shows they’re on a better run than us at the moment.

“The fact is we’re a better football club than Leicester and we should go out there as favourites.”

Ryan Bertrand = Bryann Retard. Fact

Going to this game. First one of the season and probably one of very few i will be able to make.

Only second time i have seen a NP side, last one was Millwall away when i sat in their end, i should feel somewhat more comfortable on Monday night.

Last edited:
Weale

Neilson
Hobbs
Brown
McGivern (pressuming Bruno is out)

Oakley (I'd rather we had an out and out winger but that aint happening)
King
Wellens
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

Dull as dishwater 0-0

A Reading view of Ryan Bertrand's contribution:

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=174803

When will footballers learn to keep quiet?!

Going into Monday nights game against Leicester sitting just outside the relegation zone should surely mean you wouldn't start telling the media that you are a much better team than your forthcoming opponents! Not Ryan Bertrand though, he has given Leicester all the motivation they need to come to the Madejski Stadium and win on Monday night, and pretty much done Nigel Pearson's team talk for him!

The on loan Chelsea left back told the Reading Post that Reading are a much bigger club than Leicester. "They say the table never lies, and I guess it doesn`t, but that just shows they`re on a better run than us at the moment. The fact is we`re a better football club than Leicester and we should go out there as favourites.'

The good news for any Leicester player looking to 'put one on him' on Monday night is that he is certain to return to the starting line up after recovering from concussion that saw him miss the QPR defeat!

Hopefully we will finally see all this positive talking before matches transferred onto the pitch, it would be about time.

... and they have averaged nearly 17000 this season. Huge club. Up there with the mighty PNE!

We need someone on the right side NOT Oakley to take this prat apart and Gradel's at Leeds so I say give Adams a game show him the article and say make the position yours and see what he does.

Oakley was shocking on Tuesday nite and if he is not dropped he is hardly gonna worry about playing crap if NP picks him no matter what. Oakely could go on the bench and come on to beef up the central midfield cos I would say on current form Wellens and King deserve a chance. Berner should come back although young McGivern played okay and has a good shot. Start with Fryatt and Yann with Gallagher on the left and let Yann and Gallagher switch, and let Gallagher and Adams switch as well. Howard/DJ/Morrison/Waggy/Logan/McGivern the others on the bench.

Who cares what hes said, it makes no difference, our players should already be fired up for every game, without the comments of other teams trying to wind us up. We will be up for it, and get a win! We are much the better side currently.

Who cares what hes said, it makes no difference, our players should already be fired up for every game, without the comments of other teams trying to wind us up. We will be up for it, and get a win! We are much the better side currently.

Could have fooled me on Tuesday. They came out and showed no passion at all in the 1st half. Not exactly straight out of the blocks.

That was the most dissapointing thing for me.

What have we done to deserve to be criticized? I hope Milan and Nige didn't read this so they don't get hurt.:icon_sad:

What a nasty, nasty thing to say. :icon_sad:

Reading have had their time with Steve C, it's down hill from now. They have never been a bigger club then us, even when they were in the prem. We need to beat them on monday!

Ryan Betrand you are a wanker who will never make it far in football you will slowly fall down the pecking order at Reading and then return to Chelsea before being released and unable to find a club for a few months before desperately joining somebody like Yeovil, what a cock. The league clearly don't lie and we are above Reading therefore we are better than Reading, what a twattish thing to say !

We could do with winning this game however a point wouldn't be a disaster, I can see it being 1-1 however I don't think I have predicted a Leicester result right all season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670