Reading Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 mins added time.

drummindefender said:
think i will join you in there highland

My Pyschiatrist says I should stay away from The LCFC Forum,he's short on Lithium.

DurhamFox said:
We lost the moment the teamsheet went in. 4-5-1 :102:

agreed. I was vaguely optimistic pre-match but on the basis that we might 'have a go' and if we made the most of our chances could get something. But going in 4-5-1 blew that away.

GO AND GO NOW - thats the only thing I have to say on the whole subject.

Last edited:
glyn said:
agreed. I was vaguely optimistic pre-match but on the basis that we might 'have a go' and if we made the most of our chances could get something. But going in 4-5-1 blew that away.

GOING 2-0 DOWN was the problem:102:

MDV will never be any good as a lone striker, he simply doesn't have the pace or the ability to hold the ball for along enough by himself.

DurhamFox said:
GO AND GO NOW - thats the only thing I have to say on the whole subject.

Bassett is in the crowd today. does that change your mind?

I think you may get your wish at the weekend. but please not bassett.

Ox Fox said:
MDV will never be any good as a lone striker, he simply doesn't have the pace or the ability to hold the ball for along enough by himself.

Where as Hammond is a Goal Machine......

FT 2-0 CL will struggle to survive

Reading are 9 points clear at the top, just won 10 in a row, it was stacked against us, not a match I expected us to win anyway.

CL trying to twat Coppell......

CL and Coppell having a pop at each other.

highland fox said:
Where as Hammond is a Goal Machine......

Never questioned his ability to score but he needs someone alongside him to help him play to his strengths.

Boy Genius said:
Reading are 9 points clear at the top, just won 10 in a row, it was stacked against us, not a match I expected us to win anyway.

true, and this game probably shouldn't change anything with regards to CL's future due to Reading being a different class, but I don't think he's done himself any favours.

4 pts away from the drop now. Saturday - must win.

shame they scored when they did cos we seemed to be getting stronger, good defensive performance for an hour, not an awful result against a very good team but in the context of our recent form its pretty grim, 4 away defeats on the bounce

highland fox said:
He will not be sacked before Saturday.

expect the dreaded vote of confidence though!

I'm not angry at the result, but the manner of it :mad:

resting Smith was an admission that we were going to loose.

Country Fox said:
shame they scored when they did cos we seemed to be getting stronger, good defensive performance for an hour, not an awful result against a very good team but in the context of our recent form its pretty grim, 4 away defeats on the bounce

Not an awful result, just awful tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669