Reading Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazzman said:
I heard Fort William need a new manager.

I'm applying for that,first steps to me being in charge down at The Walkers by 2010 with my Assistant..MK Fox

the only thing that is keeping me saine is Hazzers list of hilarity.

i was hoping no one would say that. enjoy it why you can

Just got back from the game... Bloody freezed my knackers off, wished I'd stayed indoors.

Not a great game, to be fair neither team really had many (or in our case any) chances. We were crap but to be fair, Reading weren't all that much better, just managed to take a couple of chances. Convey was very good, but none of the rest of them looked special.

Our lot were crap though, couldn't create anything at all. The 4-5-1 worked pretty well in keeping Reading out, but we couldn't really attack. Balls were going across or around the box, on the odd occassion they went near the goal their keeper had no problem collecting it as he wasn't even contested most of the time.

De Vries was absolute shite.
Can't see why people complain about Kisnorbo so much though, didn't look bad, thought he was one of our better players probably, although possibly because he was in a different position. Thought he seemed comfortable at LB and would probably leave him there for the next game. Williams was the best of the 3 central midfielders tonight I thought. Would probably have him and Joey in next game.
Thought Sylla tried but just couldn't get anywhere. Same with Hammill really..

There first goal was typical Leicester... Were doing well and getting forward and then as soon they got the ball they ran away and scored. We had no end product ever. No creativity

Last edited:
Graz said:
Just got back from the game... Bloody freezed my knackers off, wished I'd stayed indoors.

Not a great game, to be fair neither team really had many (or in our case any) chances. We were crap but to be fair, Reading weren't all that much better, just managed to take a couple of chances. Convey was very good, but none of the rest of them looked special.

Our lot were crap though, couldn't create anything at all. The 4-5-1 worked pretty well in keeping Reading out, but we couldn't really attack. Balls were going across or around the box, on the odd occassion they went near the goal their keeper had no problem collecting it as he wasn't even contested most of the time.

De Vries was absolute shite.
Can't see why people complain about Kisnorbo so much though, didn't look bad, thought he was one of our better players probably, although possibly because he was in a different position. Thought he seemed comfortable at LB and would probably leave him there for the next game. Williams was the best of the 3 central midfielders tonight I thought. Would probably have him and Joey in next game.
Thought Sylla tried but just couldn't get anywhere. Same with Hammill really..

based on the radio, it sounded like Kisnorbo was covering for the other defenders a lot, which is good.

Didn't hear hughes mentioned at all that i can remember, nor hammil, nor sylla. but with that formation they are never going to have an impact.

Thought Hughes was crap really. He, Gerrbrand and De Vries were the worst players on the pitch probably. Thought McCarthy did alright in defence, but yeah Kisnorbo probably was the best of the back 4.

Can't believe Hume didn't come on, was gutted by that, and that Smith didn't start :( It seemed that Levein made all 3 subs really early, which combined with the fact that he made them altogether, seemed like an act of desperation to me. But there isn't a clock in the Madejski it seems, so I don't actually know when the subs were made so maybe it wasn't as early as I thought..

Last edited:
Evening all, I am not gonna even start to discuss the why's and where for's and what should or shouldnt happen to our manager, tonight I just feel empty and this is now very reminiscent of the bad old days under Pleat, yes we were playing away at the top of the league side, so why did Levein drop or "rest" the 3 quickest players and possibly most dangerous attacking threats in our squad.

Have we come to a stage now, that even competing in the championship isnt even possible now, surely we have enough in our squad to go out and have a go, but to just lie down and accept that 0 - 0 was the best possible result we could hope for is shameful, tonight I actually feel is the night where even the management have accepted we are shite, there is no passion or desire, if the manager doesnt believe we can win, how can we expect the players or the fans to believe.

4 - 5 - 1 would have been ok if at least 2 out of Hammond, Hume and Smith had been selected, but to leave them all out was truly criminal and I feel so sorry for the supporters who travelled tonight, they have been robbed.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Evening all, I am not gonna even start to discuss the why's and where for's and what should or shouldnt happen to our manager, tonight I just feel empty and this is now very reminiscent of the bad old days under Pleat, yes we were playing away at the top of the league side, so why did Levein drop or "rest" the 3 quickest players and possibly most dangerous attacking threats in our squad.

Have we come to a stage now, that even competing in the championship isnt even possible now, surely we have enough in our squad to go out and have a go, but to just lie down and accept that 0 - 0 was the best possible result we could hope for, tonight I actually feel is the night where even the management have accepted we are shite, there is no passion or desire, if the manager doesnt believe we can win, how can we expect the players or the fans to believe.

4 - 5 - 1 would have been ok if at least 2 out of Hammond, Hume and Smith had been selected, but to leave them all out was truly criminal and I feel so sorry for the supporters who travelled tonight, they have been robbed.

Yup, my tickets were free and I still wanted my money back! :(

The idea of playing Hughes, Williams and Jpey back fired big time they just kept getting in each others way. If you play one up front someone has to support the front man who also has to be mobile, which De Vries isn't
As for Sylla for all the interest and effort he showed tonight he should be packed off back to Scotland, its obvious he isn't interested in putting any effort in to earn the very nice wage packet he gets.

Also given the position we are in we can't afford to rest players we need to be picking up points now not later.

Like the rest at tonights attendees I thought we froze our bits off watching a group of players who generally didnt give a toss. So they have had 2 games in 3 days, the rest of us have to put in an 8 hours day everyday

To anybody who attended the match tonight, what was the reaction from the fans to tonight's performance and team selection, and was there any adverse reaction to Levein or the situation we find ourselves in ?

Well boys and girls its Norwich saturday who happen to be bang in form ( 4 straight wins after tonight). Then Palace away where we usually get feck all. The next home league game after that will be the critical one for CL imo. The one honourable thing he could do after that is to agree a package with the club and leave by mutual consent. The fact he's probaly another tight fisted jock will probaly mean we will have to sack him.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
To anybody who attended the match tonight, what was the reaction from the fans to tonight's performance and team selection, and was there any adverse reaction to Levein or the situation we find ourselves in ?

It was a very subdued atmosphere in our end tonight, could only have been 500 fans who made the trip.

When the 2nd goal went in, the crowd filtered away and a few shouted 'f*ck off Levein* but there was never a sustained chant. The game was so poor that it drained people.

A few v-signs went Sylla's way as he 'appluaded' the fans at the end.

Hazzman said:
MK Fox can install some morale into the City squad.
Phew, thought you said morals then.....

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Unfortunately I was sat in the Reading fans, but only 1 block in between me and the Leicester fans, and I didn't hear any booing or anything from where I was, and it's not like the Reading fans were exactly loud enough to drown them out.

My sister sat in the away stand and said that when it got to 2-0 the stand pretty much emptied, and that she didn't here any booing but said everyone around her was moaning about the team and manager for most of the game. She doesn't know much/anything about football though so would have no idea what was actually being said ;)

Chances are we'll lose our next 2 games, then it's Spurs in the cup. So really, including tonight we're probably going to be looking at 4 losses on the bounce, and 9 games since we won. Then we're away to Sheffield Wednesday in what will by then no doubt be a "relegation 6 pointer" (if it isn't already!), then a week after that a home match to Cardiff..
Not really an easy run coming up... We'll probably get 1/2 points out of that. Maybe CL will win 1 if he's lucky. Can't really see him still being here past the Cardiff game though. Cardiff on January 21st is the next home league game after Palace. I think Cardiff will be his last game personally.

Hazzman said:
MK Fox can install some morale into the City squad.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy..

First, bring back the drinking culture to our club, Walshie as first team coach. Guinness is good for you....

Free tanning booths for the squad (1pm - 3pm) to combat vitamin D deficiency....

Arrange a performance related pay scheme, no win, no cash. Draw, half pay.

In my first training session I will bring along a banjo & a cow, those incapable of combining the two will be fecked off. That'll take mdv, elvis and sylla of the wage bill, saving enough cash to buy a small armadillo, who can surely score more than the above combined.

Lastly, a new ticket pricing structure, if we're in the top 8 - £20, mid 8 - £12, bottom 8 - £7.50. Why should we pay to watch shite?

Vote mk you tossers...

Last edited:
Graz said:
Chances are we'll lose our next 2 games, then it's Spurs in the cup. So really, including tonight we're probably going to be looking at 4 losses on the bounce, and 9 games since we won. Then we're away to Sheffield Wednesday in what will by then no doubt be a "relegation 6 pointer" (if it isn't already!), then a week after that a home match to Cardiff..
Not really an easy run coming up... We'll probably get 1/2 points out of that. Maybe CL will win 1 if he's lucky. Can't really see him still being here past the Cardiff game though. Cardiff on January 21st is the next home league game after Palace. I think Cardiff will be his last game personally.

I honestly think this is the tail end of CL's tenure as Leicester Manager! He truley seems to of lost the plot and tonight I got the feeling people we seriously pissed off with his team selection. £22 a ticket for that was a joke! And not to mention the time spent travelling. its unfair to expect fans to travel such a distance and then 'rest' your best players. If thats what you think of us Levin you my friend can clear off right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669