Reading matters ! "..The Robin Friday Story"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just ordered "Stamping Grounds"....as I run out of summer to read it !

transparent.gif Hope I've done this right !?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked it up and it sounds interesting enough. Reminds me a bit of "A Season With Verona" by Tim Parks

Top qulaity read is that, you should give "The Miracle Of Castel Di Sangro" a read, the author is a clueless American but the story and journey is superb.

Many thanks for that Lako...I'll add it to my growing Amazon bill !

Many thanks Kempson.

I recall (as a student) reading a book on the bus to college and passengers used to stop me reading to ask where I got the book from?
The book was "A Year In The Life Of A Field" by Michael Allerby !:)

Top qulaity read is that, you should give "The Miracle Of Castel Di Sangro" a read, the author is a clueless American but the story and journey is superb.

Like it but pissed me off with the odd sections of the Yank describing footballing tactics etc.

Best Football Book I read is ''Morbo'' which provides a great overview of Spanish Football. Author begins searching the establishment and birthplace of football in Spain and then goes through the various areas and histories of some of the biggest clubs.

In that respect, ''Football Dynamo'' is good too about Russian Football and Jonathan Wilson's book about Central and Eastern Football. If I got them all out I'd have a library of football books. Futebol....about Brazilian Football was another good effort and Tor!

Can't wait to get to The Back Page in Newky on Monday/Tuesday and have a search through their books (and DVDs).

Seems that football books from around the world are better than politicians...and carry a better unified message too !

"Stamping Grounds" has arrived today !!!

"Football against the enemy", anyone? Read it last month, great book. And great suggestions here!

Reading "Fever Pitch" in English now (only read it in Swedish before), anyone heard of it...?:icon_wink

I have to go back to The Back Page in Newcastle and get some more books...

I have to go back to The Back Page in Newcastle and get some more books...

You are in London for a couple of days soon. Have you tried 'Sports Pages' just off Charing Cross Road?

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and would like to take with me a City related book. I would be interested in something on our 70s pomp, which was before my time, and would be grateful for any recommendations.

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and would like to take with me a City related book. I would be interested in something on our 70s pomp, which was before my time, and would be grateful for any recommendations.

Alan Birchenalls book is an ok read. Nothing special.

Last edited:
Take the Robin Friday story......it's good to have mavericks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669