Real Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, back at the bar ... Just had a nice pint of Rucking Mole at the pub at Stoney Cove.

Was delighted when I saw they had Brew Dog Punk IPA on in The Font after the game on Sat, sadly they had not delivered for a long time and the lass behind the bar said they were the least reliable brewery she had ever used.

This dissapointment was soon made up for when my local had Tribute as one of the guest ale offerings.

Had a couple of pints of Everards 5.0% shades of ale last night. Decent beer, stupid name.

sharp's cornish coaster, at 3.6% doom bar's little brother, but a wonderfully quenching ale!
041.jpg

I realise that this is out of the way for many of you however, there is a winter beer festival taking place at Towcester Racecourse on Friday 30th Nov and Sat 1st Dec. It's free to get in and has 30 different ales and 10 different ciders. There's live music and if you come along on the Saturday there's the added attraction of National Hunt horse racing as well (also free to get in).

There's more info on the facebook page ...

http://www.facebook.com/TowcesterWinterBeerFestival

Last edited:
planning on the saturday for the races, didn't realise about the beer! good call sir

Drinking Social Butterfly by Newmans from Caerphilly in the Swan and Rushes, nice pint!

Adnams Broadside in the Wheatsheaf, Woodhouse Eves

I realise that this is out of the way for many of you however, there is a winter beer festival taking place at Towcester Racecourse on Friday 30th Nov and Sat 1st Dec. It's free to get in and has 30 different ales and 10 different ciders. There's live music and if you come along on the Saturday there's the added attraction of National Hunt horse racing as well (also free to get in).

There's more info on the facebook page ...

http://www.facebook.com/TowcesterWinterBeerFestival

Just a reminder that this is today and tomorrow. I was going to go tomorrow but then realised we had a home game so might just have to take a wander up tonight.

Not sure it's strictly real ale in the Camra sense, but Sainsbury's have got this absolutely smashing American craft-brewed IPA on a twofer right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669