Real Madrid ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Leicester fans, look at the big picture FFS.

Give yourselves and your kids the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of saying you were at a Leicester v Real Madrid game. From all the moans on here, sounds like you'd rather watch Leicester v Kettering so you can save a few quid on the ticket price.

I took my 8 year-old son to see an LA Galaxy, MLS game earlier this year and to see his face & of those around us watching the legend of David Beckham spraying passes around, was worth every penny.

Something to tell his kids about 20 years from now.

Go and see a load of Kaka, dont worry about the 25 quid a ticket, and you'll be passing on a legacy!

Believe me, despite the price I do want to go to this match. It will probably mean however that I will have to miss the first home game :(

Give yourselves and your kids the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of saying you were at a Leicester v Real Madrid game.

I saw us play Barca. RM don't even come close :icon_wink

Again, this is the attitude I think underrates him. It was only a couple of years ago when he was at Milan people were saying what a great player he is again, but I don't think he ever lost that. I don't agree with this idea that since he left ManUtd he's become crap, it's just that the English media has some kind of complex where they think English football is automatically superior to any other football and because he's playing in the US his career has somehow spun out of control, when I don't think it ever had. He played well at Madrid as well in a team which didn't really do itself justice considering its wealth of talent it had (arguably the greatest team ever, player for player, but really achieved little).

Fantastic player imo, a rare breed of English players with technique as good as anyone in the world at his peak.

I'm not disagreeing with your last comment.
Nor did I say he had 'become crap'.

I just think he could've earned himself a lot more footballing plaudits if he had either stayed with Madrid, or gone to another top European side instead of moving Stateside.
For someone who clearly loves football as much as he does- I just think he sold out to the lure of the money when he could've given a LOT more to make him 'legend' status.

For me, he is a player who will always be one who just won't quite be at the same level as the true greats because of that, and I think that's a real shame.

I'm not disagreeing with your last comment.
Nor did I say he had 'become crap'.

I just think he could've earned himself a lot more footballing plaudits if he had either stayed with Madrid, or gone to another top European side instead of moving Stateside.
For someone who clearly loves football as much as he does- I just think he sold out to the lure of the money when he could've given a LOT more to make him 'legend' status.

For me, he is a player who will always be one who just won't quite be at the same level as the true greats because of that, and I think that's a real shame.

When he left United he went to arguably the best team in the world at the time. I don't think that's taking a step backward.

The LA Galaxy offer was timed perfectly on their part. Beckham had only just (or not long) been dropped from the England squad I think so it seemed he was at the top of a slippery slope.

Add in to the equation that his wife/family wanted the move to America. He was also given the opportunity to leave a long-standing legacy at LA Galaxy and the MLS in general.

I think he made a good choice and his coareer has probably been prolonged because of it.

i brought 4 tickets for the game today costing £89 thats more than my sons season ticket , oh well onwards and upwards

good investment Kanefire - enjoy the game, watching some of the most talented footballers on the planet....... Real Madrid can play a bit too!!

Was the £1 million figure widely reported a few weeks ago not accurate then?

No idea, I just raised it as people are questioning the ticket pricing for this game. Teams like Real do not play friendlies for free. Not against the likes of us, anyway.

I appreciate that some fans are also expecting the Thais to bankroll the club as well.

its not a bad price i guess i think it should have been £20 adults £10 under 18's, just hope we have some more good players by then,
maybe in a few years real madrid will pay us a million to play them in a friendly(tongue in cheek)

Teams like Real do not play friendlies for free.

Teams like Leicester City do not play friendlies for free. I remember talking to a member of the Harrow Borough board who was incandescent with rage, having us just heard that we were bringing a team of second-stringers in exchange for "the bloody fortune [we] have paid".

Teams like Leicester City do not play friendlies for free. I remember talking to a member of the Harrow Borough board who was incandescent with rage, having us just heard that we were bringing a team of second-stringers in exchange for "the bloody fortune [we] have paid".

Same applies to Hinckley United. They've had Villa Reserves and Coventry turn out for minimal fees. Despite us giving them they're biggest crowd ever, they are recultant to have us.

Last edited:
Eh?

I ain't paying those prices to go to a friendly, a european game definitely, but not a friendly.

Bur you get to grace the same same stadium and sit within 100 yards of Nuri Sahin. You can see him actually living and breathing and you can bask in the man's reflective glory. This is surely worth 10 times the ticket prices alone?

Last edited:
Bur you get to grace the same same stadium and sit within 100 yards of Nuri Sahin. You can see him actually living and breathing and you can bask in the man's reflective glory. This is surely worth 10 times the ticket prices alone?

Na, if it was the Europa League Semi Final then yea id pay up to £1,000, but for a match that is really not much bigger than an 11 a side training game at Belvoir Drive, £30 is too steep for my liking, £10 across the board, the club would make over £300,000 minimum.

Na, if it was the Europa League Semi Final then yea id pay up to £1,000, but for a match that is really not much bigger than an 11 a side training game at Belvoir Drive, £30 is too steep for my liking, £10 across the board, the club would make over £300,000 minimum.

Yeah, that'd really help them recoup the reported £1,000,000 they paid Real Madrid for the fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566