Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually warming to the idea of Holloway, did a good job at QPR and has done an excellent job at Plymouth, didn't want him anywhere near the club when he was previously linked but he has proved me wrong and I actually think his infectious personality could just win over Mandaric. Dunno why but I think Holloway could just be the right man to take this club forward to the next level.

i wouldnt mind ih here either but id guess some might think he is bit too similar to martin allen personality-wise :102:

I am actually warming to the idea of Holloway, did a good job at QPR and has done an excellent job at Plymouth, didn't want him anywhere near the club when he was previously linked but he has proved me wrong and I actually think his infectious personality could just win over Mandaric. Dunno why but I think Holloway could just be the right man to take this club forward to the next level.

He's too Martin Allen with his whacky chirpy banter for my liking

Maybe a bit to similar to Allen though???

So good we said it thrice.

Cotterill
Grayson
Holloway

I would doubt these 3 could attract decent signings like a Tigana and Souness would need to do.

But all 3 have shown themselves capable of building teams capable of competing at this level. MON very rarely signed household names but made many a decent signing. All the above managers have good records of identifying players who will come and do a job for the team.

Allen was just a crazy fecker, but I know what you mean.

Call me old fashioned PFKA but I like my Manager to manage and get my team producing results and performances,I don't want them writing whacky updates and hilarious columns in the press.We don't need a Clown we have enough out on the Pitch

Call me old fashioned PFKA but I like my Manager to manage and get my team producing results and performances,I don't want them writing whacky updates and hilarious columns in the press.We don't need a Clown we have enough out on the Pitch

:icon_lol: fair point there:icon_lol:

I agree but in fairness to Holloway he has managed to back up his media "dealings" with performances and results on the pitch. IMO he isn't just a gimmicky manager like Allen was.

Last edited:
I agree but in fairness to Holloway he has managed to back up his media "dealings" with performances and results on the pitch. IMO he isn't just a gimmicky manager like Allen was.

Couldn't ever see him as a Premiership manager, though - he's the same as Allen in that respect

Couldn't ever see him as a Premiership manager, though - he's the same as Allen in that respect

Funny you should say that but whenever a name is linked with us I always try to imagine if I could see them managing in the Premier League and with Holloway its a definate No

Worry about that if we ever get there, TBH when we got promoted under MON I didn't think he was a premiership manager

But all 3 have shown themselves capable of building teams capable of competing at this level. MON very rarely signed household names but made many a decent signing. All the above managers have good records of identifying players who will come and do a job for the team.
I dont want to stay at this level.And i know MM dont.

Re the Reid, Royle or Souness bit, the BBC's Wigan page thing is saying that if they don't get Jewel the three main candidates are:
Reid, Royle & Souness.

There MUST be someone else somewhere not just these three.

(They also mention Alex McLeish and Swansea City's Spanish manager Roberto Martinez)

Last edited:
Dowie,Jewell,Souness

Jewell is the only 'un for me but I can't see it happening.

Dowie ok for this division, I'd feel a bit disgusted that we would be nicking off Covskum.

Souness one of the most over-rated managers going. Both times he achieved success he inhertied a team halfway there at Liverpool and Rangers. He nearly got Blackburn relegated with a decent team and made a fool of himself at Newcastle. But there is the attraction of it's 'rough' appearance which would hopefully kick some cnut's into orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669