Release List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we have offered Sheehan a new contract - whether he accepts it or not is his beef but I think hes a decent player and can't really see why we let him out on loan in the first place.. also hes half decent at set plays which is a useful attribute and one none our other players have really got..

:081:

I'm just waiting for the 'if only we kept MDV' posts to start to show how delusional some of our fans have actually turned since relegation.

:(

You need wait no longer - MDV was well up to the standard of most of our so called strikers and would be effective in the Third Division - which would be about his standard.

He wasn't slated by everybody. Some of us could see he was short of confidence because he wasn't being played to his strengths, and hoofing the ball up to him was a waste of time.

Quite - a number of us thought that he should have been recalled from loan in 2006/07 to bolster the attack. He isn't a quality striker but his goal ratio record is reasonable.

Quite - a number of us thought that he should have been recalled from loan in 2006/07 to bolster the attack. He isn't a quality striker but his goal ratio record is reasonable.
Always looks more effective than Fryatt and has a good touch for a big bloke. Sadly his heading wasn't great yet was expected to play hoof ball the entire time. I reckon he would have a 1 in 3 strike rate had he played all season.

He wasn't slated by everybody. Some of us could see he was short of confidence because he wasn't being played to his strengths, and hoofing the ball up to him was a waste of time.
Jeff - his strengths are asking if you would like to supersize an order, I hardly see how that is relevant to the discussion.

Jeff - his strengths are asking if you would like to supersize an order, I hardly see how that is relevant to the discussion.

With the ball played in to his feet he was capable of controlling it, holding on to it, and bringing team mates into the game.

With the ball hoofed towards his head he was crap.

The problem is we mostly played the latter when he was in the team.

MdV a 15 goal season striker? I don't think so somehow...... :tumbleweed:

In season 2005/2006 MDV made 24 starts and scored 9 goals.

In season 2005/2006 Hume made 29 starts and scored 9 goals.

This season Hume made made 37 starts and scored 10 goals.

MDV's ratio for 37 starts would have been 14 goals!

So technically you are right, but for all his headless chicken antics Hume is still not as good a goalscorer as MDV was!

In season 2005/2006 MDV made 24 starts and scored 9 goals.

In season 2005/2006 Hume made 29 starts and scored 9 goals.

This season Hume made made 37 starts and scored 10 goals.

MDV's ratio for 37 starts would have been 14 goals!

So technically you are right, but for all his headless chicken antics Hume is still not as good a goalscorer as MDV was!

But lets also point out that Hume has played a number of games out on the wing this season, a position MDV never played in !!!

But if he'd still been here he probably would have. Everybody else did.

Always looks more effective than Fryatt and has a good touch......

:bang:

Sometimes I think I must have been seeing a different MDV to other people. The MDV I am referring to is the big black guy that used to play for us, couldn't run, couldn't jump and had the touch of a rapist but you must be referring to someone else.

Just to make it clear, Mark De Vries is another of those con-artists that ended up blagging their way into LCFC somehow, he is a million miles from being a natural footballer and IMO looked very uncomfortable on the pitch for a so called professional.

Not meaning to single you out Lboro but that opening line was a real beauty! :081:

:bang:

Sometimes I think I must have been seeing a different MDV to other people. The MDV I am referring to is the big black guy that used to play for us, couldn't run, couldn't jump and had the touch of a rapist but you must be referring to someone else.

Just to make it clear, Mark De Vries is another of those con-artists that ended up blagging their way into LCFC somehow, he is a million miles from being a natural footballer and IMO looked very uncomfortable on the pitch for a so called professional.

Not meaning to single you out Lboro but that opening line was a real beauty! :081:
It amazes me, he has the worst control and ball skills of any player I have witness at professional level. He makes Big Trev and Claridge look like Pele.

I don't care what you say! If the ball is played to his feet not lumped to his head, he is an average championship standard striker. Something we could have done with last season.

I honestly think I would have stopped supporting LCFC had I witnessed the diamond front line of Elvis & MDV start for us at any point next season, even if it was JPT as they really are 2 of the biggest jokes to wear to once proud LCFC shirt yet some people somehow still manage to defend them.

Having said that, I bet the same people carry round a picture of IH in their wallets/purses!!

Last edited:
I don't care what you say! If the ball is played to his feet not lumped to his head, he is an average championship standard striker. Something we could have done with last season.

Being a professional he should be competent at all round control of a football, be it head, chest, foot thigh not just average at one. I would be tempted to say he is a 'one-trick pony' but sadly he is a million miles away from being able to pull off any kind of trick.

Fair enough he did seem to give his all some of the times he played but you don't get any points for trying and we must pick up every point possible next season if we are to get back on track to where we want to be as soon as possible.

I don't really see the point in arguing about how shit our current strikers are in comparison to our recently departed strikers. They have all been crap.

We've not had a decent forward at this club since Dickov - FACT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00