released list

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing people have to remember is the lack of reserve football at the club. Its a huge jump from the academy to the first team squad, let alone play. We need a reserve side in a proper league, hopefully this will come about with the current owners, its a crucial step from acadamy to the first team.

No brainer. Crncic (alleged to be on the books) would probably have got more game time if he's twanged a cruciate early on and gone through a Tunch-like rehab. I'd expect us to get more untried young players from overseas, they need to be parked somewhere to acclimatise - not just the shit or bust which no reserve games seems to be.

Even worse is the loaning out of players - which for the last few years seems to be 99% about saving money and 1% about player development. From memory, only Matt Piper and Jordan Stewart have come back from loan spells and challenged for a squad place - hope Schlupp is another one. The other side of the coin - the young Premiership players we get, drool over and return (often not in full working order). I think it's a lending club's motive that their investment - Mee, Cleverly, Waggy, and most definitely Spearing - come back to them better players. Wish I could same for ours.

Last edited:
Shame about Chambers, he had massive potential, Pearson held him back I reckon, should have got rid of Fryatt when we went down and had him leading the line.

Shame about Chambers, he had massive potential, Pearson held him back I reckon, should have got rid of Fryatt when we went down and had him leading the line.

Is this the same Fryatt whose goals got us promoted?

:bang::bang:

Anyone who thinks he was treated fairly and given a chance is absolutely deluded.

Last edited:
I meant treated, and I was talking about Chambers.

What a load of bollocks.

If his morale was low here- surely having the chance to prove he was up to the job in a different environment would mean his morale would be better away from the place that was making it low!

Anyhoo! I never thought he'd be good enough at this level so NER.

He wasn't treated fairly and was held back by Pearson which could have potentially wrecked his career, if Allen or Holloway had stayed on he'd have thrived.

Yep, you're an idiot.

No they were the only 2 managers along with Levein who could see the huge potential he had and were willing to give him the break he needed to eventually become a lethal goal scoring machine.

He wasn't treated fairly and was held back by Pearson which could have potentially wrecked his career, if Allen or Holloway had stayed on he'd have thrived.

You are joking aren't you?
Holloway staying would've wrecked the morale of more thna one player- he'd managed to do that in the short time he was here!

You.

Are.

An idiot.

Yes.

Yes.
He is.

No I'm not I just look at the bigger picture, rather than black and white like the majority of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00