Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

Forests home form is their only hope it has kept them in the race all season. this is going to be one hell of a wild ride let's see how Monday goes.

I thought if we could get through this week and weekend without being in the bottom three we’d be lucky.

We aren’t lucky.

3 wins from 5? Can’t see it.

I think we're gone. We deserve to be relegated.

Losing at home to Bournemouth was the killer.
I agree.

I was completely naive about our leadership team off the pitch and their ability to foresee any of this. I was adamant we would stay up because I was sure that in a purely business sense, surely there would be someone who could see far enough to protect the asset. I was hopelessly wrong.

I don't think going down is the end of the world, even though I'd hate for it to happen, but it sticks in my throat that it was so avoidable. It's complete short-sightedness and misplaced loyalty that has cost us.

Forest, Leeds and Everton have three points (possibly four) points left in them - notwithstanding the crazy results that can happen at this time of the year

There are plenty of points left for us to get ahead of them

Nothing is decided yet. And the bookies' odds make that clear.

After tonight's matches, we still have the easiest run-in.

1682551091309.png

Still very much two teams from four (Leicester, Leeds, Forest, Everton)

1682551064883.png

Shit result for us but a good one for forest. Fair play to.them, they have fight at home, I'll give them that. We've had our fight removed, coached out of us in the belief we could pass the opposition to death.

Last edited:
Nothing is decided yet. And the bookies' odds make that clear.

After tonight's matches, we still have the easiest run-in.

View attachment 17654

I’m actually no longer sure we do. Fulham are looking pretty useful and West Ham have also woken up. Newcastle are running well and Liverpool are decent.

I think I’d rather play us, Brighton, Bournemouth and Wolves.

The only one we have managed to swerve is Man City. Isn’t it nice that Arsenal have rolled for them - Pep might finally get the treble they’ve been on the instalment plan for!

I too think 'the easiest run-in' thing is meh (at best) and certainly arguable, perhaps even akin to a chalice leading to complacency.

Some fixtures might be the clichéd 6 pointers but those are by no means easy, hardly givens, as the opposition will be thinking of points too. As we saw at Leeds, they can be scrappy affairs determined by 'who wants it more' - and we typically don't win those kind of battles. Or certainly we didn't and Smith has had little time to instil that into us.

Of all the 'must wins' we've had of late (and haven't won) Everton now takes on the mother of all must-wins. I don't fancy us tbh. I don't think we have the fight - for either this game nor our supposedly easier run-in.

Last edited:
Tbh I'd rather have Forests run in than ours, I'd fancy them to get 3 wins from those games unfortunately.

Losing at home to Bournemouth was the killer.
With us playing on Monday it could increase the pressure dependent on results, if however they go in our favour the incentive is there, if we beat Everton the pressure mounts on everyone else and we are improving gradually.

I still think we can avoid relegation.

1682551091309-png.17654

I don't think our run-in looks that easy either. Beating Everton is absolutely vital - a draw won't be enough. And I'd say we then have to beat Fulham as well. I think West Ham will be safe well before that final game, so that maybe makes that game a bit easier - but I also don't back this team to have the stones to win on the final day if they have to.

Forest have winnable games so that definitely concerns me.

I think the good news for us is that Leeds run in definitely looks the worst. If they don't get a win against Bournemouth, it's going to be very tough for them.

It's genuinely mad to think that a team with Cags, Maddison, Barnes, Nacho, Vardy is staring relegation in the face. I would say most teams outside the top 6 would take those players (except Vardy) in their squads.

Not to mention a the players theoretically good enough to be in the premier league such as Ricardo, Ndidi, Faes, Iversen.

I'm still shocked we're in this position.

Losing at home to Bournemouth was the killer
You are right about the Bournemouth game. Smith, Shakey and Terry should have been in charge for that game and we would have won it. Such a missed opportunity that could cost millions.

However, I am still optimistic we can stay up.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663