Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

You are right about the Bournemouth game. Smith, Shakey and Terry should have been in charge for that game and we would have won it. Such a missed opportunity that could cost millions.

However, I am still optimistic we can stay up.
Agree they should have been in charge but not certain that would have necessarily led to a win

This stat is on the Beeb in relation to attempted passes:

“Gracenote fact: Only the big six teams, plus Brighton, have attempted more passes this season than Leicester City”

How many of the ****ers were successful or forwards or didn’t result in the opposition scoring?

I remember standing at the top of my garden, digging my vegetable patch, listening on the radio to the deciding game of our season. Ian Holloway had managed above all others to take us to the bottom of the championship and we were facing relegation to league one for the first time ever. I had deliberately taken myself to the end of the garden because I knew none of the rest of the family went up there. When the final whistle went, and this fella called had Nigel Pearson kept Saints up, I am ashamed to say I cried. I could not believe this ‘clown’ had taken us from the hallowed list of only nine teams to have never dropped to league 3. And then there were eight. My point is, we get so comfortable after so many years, but it’s not a given. We are Leicester City, and we are also capable of capitulation. BUT we are Leicester City and we will always rise again.

Very good point. We took that on the chin and then proceeded to rewrite football history. Never dull.

By the way, whilst you were crying, Homeywomeypants was thinking of what he’d like to do to Harry Worley.

I remember standing at the top of my garden, digging my vegetable patch, listening on the radio to the deciding game of our season. Ian Holloway had managed above all others to take us to the bottom of the championship and we were facing relegation to league one for the first time ever. I had deliberately taken myself to the end of the garden because I knew none of the rest of the family went up there. When the final whistle went, and this fella called had Nigel Pearson kept Saints up, I am ashamed to say I cried. I could not believe this ‘clown’ had taken us from the hallowed list of only nine teams to have never dropped to league 3. And then there were eight. My point is, we get so comfortable after so many years, but it’s not a given. We are Leicester City, and we are also capable of capitulation. BUT we are Leicester City and we will always rise again.
Problem is the ups & downs used to be more frequent. Last time we dropped out of the PL we were gone for a decade :-(
Now we've been back in it for 9 years.

In the old days, other than the miserable Pleat years, we were up & down like a slapper's gusset.
I don't fancy repeating a decade in the wasteland.

Everton getting battered by Newcastle tonight makes me feel more optimistic.

Southampton losing too - would've been nice to keep Bournemouth in it, but realistically I doubt we were catching them anyway so Southampton "securing" one of the 3 spots helps us.

Pictures of Everton fans pre match massing outside the stadium with blue flare smoke filling the skies awaiting the team bus contrasting with an empty stadium on 75 mins.

If we beat Everton on Monday we finish above them. Then it’s just the one relegation place we have to worry about.

Huge, huge game.

What a massive game Everton is on Mon night (or Tues 4.30am here in Oz).
A bigger game financially and for long term security than the FA Cup.
Which would you take, the FA Cup or PL?
For me it's the FA Cup definitely.
But COYB we can do this.....nah just looked the the run again....for the millionth time....we're ****ed.....I think.
It's so hard to predict, we're all playing teams that have **** all to play for. Sometimes they roll over and sometimes they play with a freedom they never had before. You just can't call it.

Last edited:
Scratching my head on this.
Care to explain?
It's baffling but I'm going to guess he's highlighting Luton and is excited about the prospect of them being in the premier league.

It's genuinely mad to think that a team with Cags, Maddison, Barnes, Nacho, Vardy is staring relegation in the face.

But Cags hasn't been in the team, has he.

It's baffling but I'm going to guess he's highlighting Luton and is excited about the prospect of them being in the premier league.
Sorry I didn't mean to be so cryptic. Just looking ahead and getting excited about the play-offs battle next year.

Sorry I didn't mean to be so cryptic. Just looking ahead and getting excited about the play-offs battle next year.
There's a fine line between being cryptic and stark raving bonkers.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663