Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

Mystery poster? **** me, do I not pay attention.

Aye. If we weren't shit it'd be the Goss. It's not you i dont think, either Durham or Notts. Probably not Madders as they werent declaring how much they didn't care

I've had a couple of whiskies, I find 'hysterical wibble' very difficult to say. I keep wanting to say something like 'histererical'

That, I think, is my ninth relegation. I'm now immune.

I remember the many promotions a lot more than the many relegations.

Quote from Alan Shearer: -

After the Foxes' relegation was confirmed, Shearer was asked what went wrong for the club this season and told Match of the Day: "They had a decent start, but they didn’t replace Kasper Schmeichel, I think that was the first problem.

hmmm 1 point from 7 games, decent?

Quote from Alan Shearer: -

After the Foxes' relegation was confirmed, Shearer was asked what went wrong for the club this season and told Match of the Day: "They had a decent start, but they didn’t replace Kasper Schmeichel, I think that was the first problem.

hmmm 1 point from 7 games, decent?

We did have a good start. We were 2-0 up an hour into the season.

View attachment 17741

If you're not already giving us some money, you can't even have a season ticket next year, because we're idiots
I wouldn't worry about it. Thousands upon thousands will go unrenewed & the same goes for memberships. Half the members only joined because they want to watch prem football. None of them will renew. Especially in it's current form.

Who the **** is going to pay money for the vague possibility of a ticket when they know that loads of games next season are going to have a general sale due to being against shite nobody wants to see?

If they're going to have a membership scheme it'll need to be totally overhauled.

An omen perhaps; my local team won away from home last night to preserve their league status.

To continue the saga of the Berrichonne of Châteauroux, financial irregularities have seen them to be regulated anyway. The football auditing body here (the DNCG) are to relegate them over (and I paraphrase/summarise) an €800k defect for 22/23 and require €3M surity to cover 23/24.

The owners (United World, who also own Sheffield Utd amongst others) have to stump up €4M within the next few days to save the club from dropping down a division. If they don't, it will be a major issue for Châteauroux - they will lose their professional status.

They will have to operate on much reduced revenues, be forced to close their youth academy and withdraw the U17s from the national league. There will be job losses a plenty; players and staff.

The Saudi bosses of United World have said they'll cover the 22/23 losses, but no word as yet on the dosh for next season. They've indicated they'll sell but the hope is that they'll write the cheque. £4M? You'd think it chump change for the Saudis but truth is they're accusing the club of negligence and I can see them pulling the plug. They've invested a fair amount in infrastructure (new training facilities) but I can't see a prospective buyer forking out a great deal for a non-pro outfit.

Watch this space.... (or Google it)

Anyone else still not close to getting over the absolute shit show that lead to us being needlessly relegated yet?

Every time I think I'm coming to terms with it, something else comes along to make me pissed off about the whole ****ing thing again.

The Prem fixtures being released, then the Championship fixtures being released, etc. Today it's the Nacho to Forest for chump change rumours. Weirdly, Maddison leaving didn't do it (fee did slightly) because I'd accepted he was off regardless. But seeing our mid players now heading off to lower Prem teams is painful.

It's like grief that comes bubbling back up every time I just try to move on.

Can't get excited about anything to do with the club right now and don't think that will change any time soon.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463