Post Match Rennes 2 Leicester 1 (2-3 on aggregate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a vile ****ing club. Still, it was nice to feel the pressure and care about the outcome for the first time in a while. And Fofana scoring was a real tearjerker. Seeing him perform so well on his comeback gives me real hope for our future.

Hopefully the next round goes a little smoother though!
Why were they vile?
Thought they were brilliant home supporters.

If you are on about the team, I would like to think if we were on the way out of a trophy that our players would try a trick or 2.
Even more cudos to our players

Wow that second half was something else! I have no idea how they didn’t score the goal they needed but we did magnificently well to keep them out. Proper balls to the wall stuff at the end and fair ****s to Vestergaard for giving the performance you need from a centre half when you chuck him on to protect the lead.

I can’t believe we clung on but I’m so ****ing chuffed that we did! Not seen last ditch defending like that from us in a long time.

Completely agree, thought Rennes were brilliant entertainment over the 2 legs. Look a proper football club to me.
Yep, thought they were a good team and I’d feel unlucky if I were a Rennes fan after that.

Both sides slapped their respective cocks on the table and our’s was a mm longer in the end. Cracking knockout tie.

I would like to think if we were on the way out of a trophy that our players would try a trick or 2.
Even more cudos to our players
Appealing for handball every ****ing time the ball was cleared was just irritating.

That Iheanacho goal at the end of the first game was absolutely crucial.

I also thought he did really well on his own tonight.

Loved Vesty at the end. He was heroic. That sort of result is what builds belief in a side. We have desperately needed some of that.

Another pile of injuries. Now we've got 8 or 9 games to play in April and up to 7 in May so it's going to be very busy. Can we cope?

That Iheanacho goal at the end of the first game was absolutely crucial.

I also thought he did really well on his own tonight.

Loved Vesty at the end. He was heroic. That sort of result is what builds belief in a side. We have desperately needed some of that.

Another pile of injuries. Now we've got 8 or 9 games to play in April and up to 7 in May so it's going to be very busy. Can we cope?
We only have a maximum of 5 games that properly matter though.

Most enjoyable game of the season

And Fofana put in the best performance of the season

And whatever Brendan said at half time, please can he remember it and say it again and again and again please. Top stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669