Replacement for Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that Big Wes, the real one and only Wes, doesn't have the official qualifications to do the job - we all know that the players respect him.

Ah well, Neil Warnock it will have to be then.

pretty much yes Benitez is a negative manager
We can't defend. I think Benitez fixes that to an extent. Not conceding is the foundation to winning. I also think that the players would respect him and he's very experienced. I'm not saying he's world-beating but I believe he's one of the best choices on that particular list.

Hiring a manager who's never managed in the Premier League is a huge risk though its worked before for a number of teams. I just think we need to be as safe as possible with this appointment. We must stay in the PL. Already points adrift, one major new signing with a major loss in defence, a really negative feel around the place.

Positive feedback loops fall into place and we can really spiral downwards. We need to arrest the slide, have an intervention and build some confidence. That starts with a new, confident, experienced manager who can inspire our players OR a first class, young and vibrant manager who's a bit of a prodigy. The latter is harder to find and a bigger risk IMHO.

We can't defend. I think Benitez fixes that to an extent. Not conceding is the foundation to winning. I also think that the players would respect him and he's very experienced. I'm not saying he's world-beating but I believe he's one of the best choices on that particular list.

Hiring a manager who's never managed in the Premier League is a huge risk though its worked before for a number of teams. I just think we need to be as safe as possible with this appointment. We must stay in the PL. Already points adrift, one major new signing with a major loss in defence, a really negative feel around the place.

Positive feedback loops fall into place and we can really spiral downwards. We need to arrest the slide, have an intervention and build some confidence. That starts with a new, confident, experienced manager who can inspire our players OR a first class, young and vibrant manager who's a bit of a prodigy. The latter is harder to find and a bigger risk IMHO.
completely get your rationale however, he will not be cheap and Dyche will do exactly what you have stated.

Brendan hardly doing a good job of selling the job to potential successors either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669