Replacement for Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if the next manager at the club is on a salary anywhere near half what BR is taking
That depends entirely on how much we want and think we need them. Should things descend to a point where we look as though a change must be made to save us from being dragged into a fight then I'm sure, for the sake of the business, they would pay the same as they are currently, for someone to sort out the problem.

Surely this thread becoming active is now a matter of when, not if...

Available managers whose last position was in the PL:

Scott Parker
Sean Dyche
Marcelo Bielsa
Rafael Benítez
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Benitez was first choice last time but he was too expensive to get out of China.

Dyche and Rudkin are very close friends.

The other three on that list make me feel ill.

As I've suggested before, the one to go for is Emery.

Give it Dyche.

Cut the shit, toughen them, work with what you’ve got.

One other shout could be Steve Cooper.

He's mysteriously not signed the contract that was offered to him at the end of last season. He's had some issues there behind the scenes.

Stranger things have happened.

My choices:

Emery
Frank
Potter
Cooper

Not that any of those will come of course.

It wouldn’t massively surprise me if they decide to bring back Big Nige for the short term. They might think he could put a bit of fight into these players…and re-lay the groundwork that his successors ripped up.
Definitely not a long term option, but if they can’t get who they want, it wouldn’t surprise me if they went down that route to be honest.

With the position we'll be in by the time Rodgers goes, getting Dyche in until the end of the season to knuckle down on these players will be the way to go.

He's mysteriously not signed the contract that was offered to him at the end of last season. He's had some issues there behind the scenes.

I agree. He surely can’t be happy being landed with 20 odd new signings to integrate. There’s investing, and then there’s going completely ****ing mental.

Roberto Martinez. He will get the best out of our 4 Belgian internationals. Might have to wait until after the World Cup.

Yep. He'd be my choice.

Of course, with our new head of recruitment starting today, you do all know who he's spent most of his career wheeling and dealing for don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669